Korn Ferry

UnrealfalcoN

Guest King Jigsaw

I'm tempted to make some Korn-y reply, but that would be Ferry uncool, so I'm going to pass. ph34r.png

No further replies to this thread will be necessary. Thank you all.

They found John Idzik for the Jets as well....potentially the most incompetent GM since Matt Millen.

Maybe that is why Blank kept TD.

With or withoy korn ferry, michigan wanted Harbaugh. They probably hired this group to make sure there werent better options, and to have a fall back plan since michigan usually strikes out chasing top coaches.

I don't know, but I could have put together the same list, and would have done it for free. What a stupid waste of money and resources.

I agree. It's probably just Blank covering his bases though. Blank's a billionaire, so the cost of Korn Ferry's services isn't gonna hurt his wallet or anything. He probably is wasting money but I don't think Blank really cares lol. Doubt the search firm really plays a big role when it's all said and done.

Exactly. We're interviewing the same coaches everyone else is. Where are the hidden gems from college or not so known on some team's staff?

Exactly. We're interviewing the same coaches everyone else is. Where are the hidden gems from college or not so known on some team's staff?

Yeah, but likely 3 of those 5 big names will bust, so hopefully this group can make sure we get one of the good ones.

I agree. It's probably just Blank covering his bases though. Blank's a billionaire, so the cost of Korn Ferry's services isn't gonna hurt his wallet or anything. He probably is wasting money but I don't think Blank really cares lol. Doubt the search firm really plays a big role when it's all said and done.

In the final analysis, the search firm serves only one true purpose: plausible deniability. If the new HC sucks, Blank can just shrug his shoulders and tel the media, "Hey, don't look at me, call Korn Ferry and ask those mofo's why they chose this schmuck!"

I have used retained executive search firms like Korn Ferry several times.

I would think all they are doing in this instance is doing all of the grunt work, qualifying, background checks, ect., of the candidates given to them by the Falcons (McKay and Dimitroff). I may be wrong, but I doubt they have been commissioned to seek out or search for unknown or "diamond in the ruff" candidates that retained search firms are best know for. I just wouldn't expect them to have any more 'insider" information about what is in reality a commonly known pool of candidates from just 32 NFL teams and some colleges.

If you don't know this, there are basically two types of search firms, retained and contingent. A retained agreement is usually an exclusive agreement with a substantial fee up front to qualify and bring forth candidates whether they are hired or not. A contingent fee is only paid if and when a candidate is hired.

Are they sitting in on the interviews too? If they've done a team each year for the last 3 they will have a ton of interviews to compare these candidates to. I think having these guys sitting in with atleast 3 years NFL experience gives the falcons a greater chance of picking the right guy.