Did Anyone Else Hear Mort Say On Espn Today That Peyton And Blank Spoke On The Phone About Gase?

I can't remember if he said who called who, but he reported they spoke on the phone about Gase, and Peyton went to bat for Gase and said he is his own man, he ran the offense the past two seasons, not Peyton, and he is absolutely HC material.

Very classy move by Peyton, and intriguing. That kind of endorsement will make a huge impression with Blank.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't want us to have Ryan caring the team like Peyton. Peyton is in another league compared to Ryan, and that offense was specifically designed to cater to Manning's skills. I want us to go back to dominating with the run and followed by a few play action throws.

Similar to what KC does with Alex Smith. Ryan's skills are comparable to Alex Smith's minus the running ability.

I honestly don't want us to have Ryan caring the team like Peyton. Peyton is in another league compared to Ryan, and that offense was specifically designed to cater to Manning's skills. I want us to go back to dominating with the run and followed by a few play action throws.

Similar to what KC does with Alex Smith. Ryan's skills are comparable to Alex Smith's minus the running ability.

Can you elaborate on how Ryan's skills are more comparable to Smith's?

The problem is, a nice guy like Peyton who values loyalty would be inclined to say nice things to help his friend get an outstanding opportunity. So, there's no way to tell how much of Peyton's endorsement is due to that, and how much is due to how Peyton really sees things. It's easy to say positive things without lying.

2 years as receivers coach

2 years as QB coach

2 years as OC

It's way too soon to be making the leap to HC. Especially in Atlanta right now.

Mike Tomlin was hired at 36 and won the Super Bowl. His predecessor, Bill Cowher, was 34 when hired as HC and won a Super Bowl. His predecessor, Chuck Noll, was 38 when hired and won 4 Super Bowls. NONE had Head Coaching experience when hired.

Hire the best possible talent and leader...regardless of age and experience!

Mike Tomlin was hired at 36 and won the Super Bowl. His predecessor, Bill Cowher, was 34 when hired as HC and won a Super Bowl. His predecessor, Chuck Noll, was 38 when hired and won 4 Super Bowls. NONE had Head Coaching experience when hired.

Hire the best possible talent and leader...regardless of age and experience!

This isn't the Steelers and with a new stadium on the way, Blank doesn't want to do a long wait like everyone had to do with Cowher.

He's not even a comparison to those other coaches. 6 years ago, he was green. Not happening.

Edited by 𝓜èφhì§τö

He's my 2nd to last favorite candidate of all of the ones mentioned thus far.

McDaniels is my absolute last and will remain there unless Petrino gets looked at again.

With all due respect, I will take Peyton Manning's opinion over anyone else's here...including mine.

The Manning's are a smart football family and they have the credentials to back it up.

With all due respect what else was he going to say?

"No, Mr. Blank, Adam is terrible. He knows next to nothing about football and the burden of running the offence has been placed solely on me because he couldn't run a bath. Don't hire him as your HC"

The first day of Bronco training camp would be awkward. I'm sure Brady and co gave Denver a ringing endorsement with McDaniels.

They are both smart, conservative, don't take many risk, love to check down passes, have very good touch on passes, not a gun slingers, good leaders, choir boys, and both usually struggle in the playoffs.

Ryan takes alot of risk plus he is one of the leaders in passes for 20 and 40 yards in his career

Are you ******* insane? Ryan has a deep ball and can dice defenses when he has time to throw (see Saints x2 this year, AZ, TB, SF playoff, Seachickens playoff, you ******* name it )

go back to huffing paint