Tatf In For Major Meltdown

Since1990

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm prepared to be open minded about anything except Josh McDaniels.

Yes. That dude bothers me. If he is the hire, I will have huge concerns and, frankly, be pretty pissed. But I'm not turning in my fan card. I was a fan before any of these guys were even rumored to be coming to ATL and will be after they're gone (Lord willing).

It'll only be a meltdown here if Rex isn't hired. Too many poster want him as HC. If he's hired I'll see what happens but I don't think he should be HC here,it could be the biggest mistake of Blanks football career.

I honestly think Rex will put us in multiple Superbowls. Its not going to be a decade long run of dominance like the Pats or anything but its going to be a fun ride. Buckle up.

Seems to me that TATF is truly split when it comes to who to hire as the next HC.

After a very unofficial look at things, it appears that 50% of the posters really want Rex Ryan while the other half really DON'T!

So my question to you...Are we, as a community, prepared for the inevitable outcry?

* How many of you will roll with it if the decision doesn't go your way??

* How many will vow to "never follow the Falcons again", only to continually post on the boards.

* Will you bite your tongue and hold judgement and allow things to take shape before jumping to conclusions? (<<feel free to post a Gif from "Office Space)

I can't help but think what might have been ----

If we had chosen "Sexy Rexy" back in '07, with a franchise QB, in Matt Ryan --- a stud RB in Michael Turner --- a good OL --- some decent receivers --- and, a pretty dang good defense, we might have had a couple of Lombardis by now ---- especially, during the first 5 years.

But now, it's a completely different story. His time (and players) might have passed him by.

I remember when we hired Smitty, I had never heard of him, and thought it was a bad hire. Turns out, he brought stability to the franchise, and had some great years, doing things that had never been done before (i.e. consecutive winning seasons), not to mention a couple of NFC South Championships, as well as taking us to an NFCC game.

But, I will always wonder if Rex could have taken us to the "big dance" ---- something Smitty wasn't ever able to do ---

Edited by FalconJim

If we had chosen "Sexy Rexy" back in '07, with a franchise QB, in Matt Ryan --- a stud RB in Michael Turner --- a good OL --- some decent receivers --- and, a pretty dang good defense, we might have had a couple of Lombardis by now ---- especially, during the first 5 years.

But now, it's a completely different story. His time (and players) might have passed him by.

I remember when we hired Smitty, I had never heard of him, and thought it was a bad hire. Turns out, he brought stability to the franchise, and had some great years, doing things that had never been done before (i.e. consecutive winning seasons), not to mention a couple of NFC South Championships, as well as taking us to an NFCC game.

But, I will always wonder if Rex could have taken us to the "big dance" ---- something Smitty wasn't ever able to do ---

Who's to say that we would have still drafted Ryan, had Rex been the coach?

54889218.jpg

Well one thing is for sure, this board will have an epic meltdown if they hire McDaniels.

This is the one time Arthur would do well to read the boards. If he's looking to sell PSL's, Josh McDaniels will definitely guarantee that won't happen. He'd be better off calling Petrino up.

Seems to me that TATF is truly split when it comes to who to hire as the next HC.

After a very unofficial look at things, it appears that 50% of the posters really want Rex Ryan while the other half really DON'T!

So my question to you...Are we, as a community, prepared for the inevitable outcry?

* How many of you will roll with it if the decision doesn't go your way??

* How many will vow to "never follow the Falcons again", only to continually post on the boards.

* Will you bite your tongue and hold judgement and allow things to take shape before jumping to conclusions? (<<feel free to post a Gif from "Office Space)

will take anyone but josh. If he comes I am gone.

Well one thing is for sure, this board will have an epic meltdown if they hire McDaniels.

This is the one time Arthur would do well to read the boards. If he's looking to sell PSL's, Josh McDaniels will definitely guarantee that won't happen. He'd be better off calling Petrino up.

That depends. The fans will support anyone as long as they're successful.