Tatf In For Major Meltdown

Since1990

Seems to me that TATF is truly split when it comes to who to hire as the next HC.

After a very unofficial look at things, it appears that 50% of the posters really want Rex Ryan while the other half really DON'T!

So my question to you...Are we, as a community, prepared for the inevitable outcry?

* How many of you will roll with it if the decision doesn't go your way??

* How many will vow to "never follow the Falcons again", only to continually post on the boards.

* Will you bite your tongue and hold judgement and allow things to take shape before jumping to conclusions? (<<feel free to post a Gif from "Office Space)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will support my team and hope for the best no matter who AB chooses to hire but I'm awfully afraid we are in for a world of heartache if that hire ends up being Rex Ryan. I really don't want to see that happen but if it does I will just hope and pray he proves me wrong and I'll be the first to stand up and admit I am wrong if he's a success here. On the other hand, if he flops I'm also going to be the first to say " I told you so!"tongue.png

Edited by Falc_Fan_Since_Six

It doesn't effect me one iota who we pick. A billionaire will select a millionaire to coach multi-millionaires to be ready to play in a billion dollar stadium for billions of dollars. Truthfully, I am a blue collar fan. I cannot fathom that kind of money or lifestyle. So really, no coach or series of coaches will make me care less or more for this team.

50% want Rex? I'd say more than that. I'd guess about 70% want him. I'd say about 98% want Rex,Bowles,or Quinn. and if one of those aren't higher then there is gonna be a huge meltdown. Or if my boy McDaniels is hired there will be a huge meltdown.

I'll be ok with either of the 4, but prefer McDaniels. And if he is hired i am going to troll the fck out of everyone here lol.

Guest facelessman07

Someone will get hired, folks will whine, we'll win a game, they'll get over it, then lend their full support to the new coach

Then want to fire him after a loss

Rinse and repeat

Most of us have been here through a few ups and a LOT of downs... I know I'll still be here next week, next year, and long past when the new coach has come and gone and #2 & #11 are hanging from the rafters.

I just hope FFS1970 gets some rest by then. Who knows how many years any of us has left.

Why was the Mike Smith hire so anti-clamactic around here? I don't remember us reacting then like we are now.

I was shocked because I had no clue who he was. As sick as I got of his coaching style, I am glad he came in had success. I'll always appreciate what he did here.

I'm prepared to be open minded about anything except Josh McDaniels.

I'd rather see Josh McDaniels than Rex Ryan. I'm off the opinion that what we need is an offensive minded coach. What's wrong with the defense isn't about coaching or scheme anyway. It's about lack of talent. That needs to be addressed in FA and the draft not by some quick fix bandaid of hiring Rex Ryan. Geez it's Jerry Glanville all over again. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.