Regardless Of Needs Do We Have To Draft Cooper If He Falls To 8?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if Julio Jones was traded I would want the entire Falcons front office to be burned at the stake in the middle of ATL. Why in God's Green Earth Would we trade/ let Julio walk if Cooper dropped to 8?

no defensive player on this earth is worth Julio Jones. No offensive mind would want to trade Julio Jones. WTF IS THIS BOARDS OBSESSION WITH TRADING OUR BEST PLAYERS IN THE NAME OF ADDING DRAFT PICKS OR GRABBING BS UNPROVEN TALENT?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a ******* insane person.

Wide Receivers do not win Super Bowls. Defenses win Super Bowls.

Guest facelessman07

Lol you are funny dude. Lol yea I made up having girlfriend...really? But it's not it depends on how the team is made up. Seahawks are a different team make up then us. Just like the Patriots or greenbay. If we get a running game and some D pressure we can be really good. But letting Julio go well do nothing but hinder us...no matter wat you think. You still have yet to state how it could help.

By using the return and $100+ million saved on defensive pieces and linemen, which I've said several times before. You'd know that if you weren't a newb

Pretty simple when you think about it, let's get players that don't spend their free time on the injury report and don't miss games or good chunks of said games

So go ahead, please answer my question: name the last Super Bowl winning team that relied on an "elite" WR. How many teams with rings won the big dance with less talent on offense than we have?

You sound like my girlfriend irrational. How could us losing Julio benifit us for the better. Yea we might get a little help on D but how does it put us in a better position. Him and Matt have a great relationship on the field I think it would be crazy to let him go. You don't tho so I would love to hear your side

Madden has made a lot of fans semi ********. When you have two players accounting for 25% of your cap space, the team is in trouble. Every other position is sacrificed. You're stuck trying to find good players in the "for sale". Bin. Of all the teams that have had recent success, they all cut players that were loved within the organization. They didn't allot 20%+ of their cap for two players. They had cheap, but productive qbs. I love Julio. ****, he was the only bright spot on the team. That being said, you can't afford two 100+ million guys without the rest of the team suffering. It's logical fifth grade math.

Madden has made a lot of fans semi ********. When you have two players accounting for 25% of your cap space, the team is in trouble. Every other position is sacrificed. You're stuck trying to find good players in the "for sale". Bin. Of all the teams that have had recent success, they all cut players that were loved within the organization. They didn't allot 20%+ of their cap for two players. They had cheap, but productive qbs. I love Julio. ****, he was the only bright spot on the team. That being said, you can't afford two 100+ million guys without the rest of the team suffering. It's logical fifth grade math.

That's funny, i was just thinking it was the Madden cloud of idiocy making people think trading your best players and replacing them in the draft actually works in real life.

No defensive player?? NO DEFENSIVE PLAYER?!?!

Your homer is showing

Not ever JJ watt.

We would be in the same boat but reversed to the defensive side of the ball.

Mega contract with no one to support Watt.

It's the same way when giving money to Julio this year. No one to take the pressure off him because Roddy is slowing and HD has bananas for shoes.

We would be Jets South is we took Rex and traded Julio.

And as for the homer thing.... Would you not defend your teams Best player?

Give me one player outside of Ryan who is the hands down best player on this team right now.

You are a ******* insane person.

Wide Receivers do not win Super Bowls. Defenses win Super Bowls.

A lot of things can win SBs. If you get a stud player, at any position, you hold onto him. The only exception would be if you thought that you could get another stud player, at a positions of more dire need to replace him.

A lot of things can win SBs. If you get a stud player, at any position, you hold onto him. The only exception would be if you thought that you could get another stud player, at a positions of more dire need to replace him.

So without sounding like a crazy loon.... Would you trade Julio for Watt?

Is that a bad comparison?

Am I over stepping my bounds?

So without sounding like a crazy loon.... Would you trade Julio for Watt?

Is that a bad comparison?

Am I over stepping my bounds?

1 for 1...Watt is basically more valuable. But neither of their teams made the playoffs, and I don't think either would on the other's team anyway.

Fact is, we have Julio -- we hold onto him. Suggesting trading him to real football people would, I think, most likely get you laughed at. It's not an impossible thought, but probably a stupid thing over all.

If Amari Cooper is on the board at 8, as many others have said, trade down.

Exactly, people don't understand this. There is no magic blueprint to win in this league. Yeah you need a good defense to get your best shot but you don't have to cut all of your other good players to get a good defense. People don't understand how hard it is to get really good players, you can't just give them away for draft picks that may turn into nothing.

1 for 1...Watt is basically more valuable. But neither of their teams made the playoffs, and I don't think either would on the other's team anyway.

Fact is, we have Julio -- we hold onto him. Suggesting trading him to real football people would, I think, most likely get you laughed at. It's not an impossible thought, but probably a stupid thing over all.

If Amari Cooper is on the board at 8, as many others have said, trade down.

Thank you

By using the return and $100+ million saved on defensive pieces and linemen, which I've said several times before. You'd know that if you weren't a newb

Pretty simple when you think about it, let's get players that don't spend their free time on the injury report and don't miss games or good chunks of said games

So go ahead, please answer my question: name the last Super Bowl winning team that relied on an "elite" WR. How many teams with rings won the big dance with less talent on offense than we have?

Lol a newb. Bro stop comparing every super bowl winning team. There are many different ways to win. Like I said we need a running game. We gave up so much for Julio to just let him go. I agree our defense sucks but... not horribly we can get a few key players in the front 7 secondary will be alright I think. Honestly I would love Melvin Gordon something about him screams top 5 career running back. But not many have won with a top Wr but if we get a RB offense is top 3. Plus add a "revis island" oh baby. Julio's contract don't even end this year like dam

Guest facelessman07

Not ever JJ watt.

We would be in the same boat but reversed to the defensive side of the ball.

Mega contract with no one to support Watt.

It's the same way when giving money to Julio this year. No one to take the pressure off him because Roddy is slowing and HD has bananas for shoes.

We would be Jets South is we took Rex and traded Julio.

And as for the homer thing.... Would you not defend your teams Best player?

Give me one player outside of Ryan who is the hands down best player on this team right now.

Julio is not our best player. I don't "defend" someone just cuz they're wearing a Falcon jersey. I'm not a blinded homer

Hands down is a subjective term, so even if I name a name, you'll just disagree.

Only an idiot would turn down the hypothetical trade of Watt for Julio. Dude even caught 3 TD's, in comparison to Julio's "monstrous" number of 6. Oh yeah, my boy Sharod had 7. Only thing that's slowed Roddy the past couple seasons is injuries, which by the way, are not near as frequent as Julio's. And he's 8 years older than Julio! Yet suffers nowhere near the amount of injuries. You tell me who's "falling apart."

Guest facelessman07

Lol a newb. Bro stop comparing every super bowl winning team. There are many different ways to win. Like I said we need a running game. We gave up so much for Julio to just let him go. I agree our defense sucks but... not horribly we can get a few key players in the front 7 secondary will be alright I think. Honestly I would love Melvin Gordon something about him screams top 5 career running back. But not many have won with a top Wr but if we get a RB offense is top 3. Plus add a "revis island" oh baby. Julio's contract don't even end this year like dam

Many ways to win?

Please propose a valid solution since this Ferrari we've been driving the past few years hasn't led to wins

Ahhhhh.....but sooooooo shiny!

A good running game trumps an aerial assault. EVERY DAMM TIME

Saying we gave up so much for Julio is not a justification to keep him. That's like saying "I invested so much money into the stock market, and even though I lost much of it, I'll just keep investing more." Cut your ties before you lose your azz

Edited by facelessman07

Many ways to win?

Please propose a valid solution since this Ferrari we've been driving the past few years hasn't led to wins

Saying we gave up so much for Julio is not a justification to keep him. That's like saying "I invested so much money into the stock market, and even though I lost much of it, I'll just keep investing more." Cut your ties before you lose your azz

2006 Colts. 2'nd in passing yards, 18'th in rushing yards, last in rushing defense. Lots of ways to win.

Many ways to win?

The fact that our coaching staff has, for personally ununderstanble reasons, ignored the running game, doesn't mean that a stud WR can't be of high value to the team. It just means that we shouldn't have ignored the running game.

Guest facelessman07

2006 Colts. 2'nd in passing yards, 18'th in rushing yards, last in rushing defense. Lots of ways to win.

Ahh I knew you'd chime in my friend

That is a rare exception, it's an anomaly, not the rule. I'm not gonna bother to look up the exact numbers but I'd venture to guess those receivers didn't spend all year on the injury report and miss valuable practice time or even games

Yes, I said practice. Games are won and lost in practice. We've seen Ryan and Julio's chemistry way off at times. Why? Lack of practice

Seahawks SB win still resonates too strongly in some minds to acknowledge truth or reason

We have enough cap space to sign Julio and some strong free agents on defense. Not to mention our draft position is rife with options (not necessarily ideal or the strongest prospects, but promising). Our defense can be serviceable very quickly (especially with the right coach), and that's all it needs to be.

To suggest our offense is complete would be folly, but to suggest the team would be better without Julio would be equally or more foolish

Edited by Dyinglobster

Many ways to win?

Did I not say that we need a running game. Julio is not the problem! If he's not our best he is second best. All you want is for us to have a defensive powerhouse. Me too but we should not over throw the offense to do so. And yes I am saying letting Julio go will do so.