Regardless Of Needs Do We Have To Draft Cooper If He Falls To 8?

We all know that our needs are great, particularly on defense. Having said that, I'm a proponent of our taking BPA regardless at 8. We can't be reaching if we stay there and pick. So, what if Cooper falls? Do we take him? If so, what does that mean for Roddy and Harry?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we had addressed both lines in Free Agency already ... sure. That's a crazy talent to pass on if he's there for the taking.

Of course you might could get a Julio type trade for him as well. It would be worth considering.

Edited by Geneaut

He will never get passed Oakland..that being said it would have to depend on who else was on the board..if a pass rusher is a reach and cant trade back. I would not be mad at the pick but someone would have to go..and the value for the team vs the value we would get in a trade or cut just isnt worth getting rid of any of them

Guest facelessman07

Falcons need to trade up for Leonard Williams out of USC. Championship teams do not spend first round picks on receivers. You spend first three rounds getting the best linemen and rounds 4-6 drafting position players. Linemen are engine that move the train.

Incorrect

Championship teams trade up for shiny, explosive, injured hood ornaments

Yeah I'm with the folks who say trade back if Cooper is there at #8. Definitely not with the swamp boys and preferably with an AFC team.

Oh and I agree with YBJ about Oakland's GM would need to be fired on the spot if he passes on Cooper.

Guest King Jigsaw

Would you fire Oakland's GM for passing on Cooper but not for passing on Leonard Williams? I wouldn't. Now if the Jets GM passed on Cooper for Winston, I'd fire him immediately.

I'm in favor of drafting Cooper and trading Julio if the price is right. I don't see how we can afford to invest money in Julio and build the defense.

Cooper is as talented as Julio was coming out of college and he's cheaper short term. I realize a lot of people are going to call me crazy, but you get a talented wr and recoup the picks you lost on the trade. You can get a first this year and next for him and use those picks on defense and improve the team.

I'm in favor of drafting Cooper and trading Julio if the price is right. I don't see how we can afford to invest money in Julio and build the defense.

Cooper is as talented as Julio was coming out of college and he's cheaper short term. I realize a lot of people are going to call me crazy, but you get a talented wr and recoup the picks you lost on the trade. You can get a first this year and next for him and use those picks on defense and improve the team.

We wouldn't know if Cooper is falling to 8 until draft day. No team is going to trade for Julio on draft day. Trades like that just don't happen spur of the moment like that.

It is crazy how you would want a rookie in place of Julio. Crazy as heck I mean border line stupid really. If we got cooper good, but keep Julio that's rediculous. Like you guys want defense do much you would give our best offensive player to do so. One we gave a whole 1st rounder up for. Wow plan stupid and not the thread just done of these comments

Incorrect

Championship teams trade up for shiny, explosive, injured hood ornaments

Lol funny to think how much you'd ***** if we did trade Julio wed be even worse off and all we would hear is how Matt Ryan is so awful without Julio carrying him blah blah blah. You're turning into Swift man, the biggest Debbie downer on this message board. Edited by RideOrDieIce