Film Room With Cam Newton

PantherWake

"Elevating teammates is something that is often talked about with the quarterback position but rarely explained. The way a quarterback elevates his teammates is by masking failed blocks and creating separation for his receivers. These are things that can be done in different ways, but are typically most effective from within the confines of the pocket. Newton is now doing this regularly, and it's something that is going to make him and the Panthers offense a tough unit to match up to moving forward."

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2014/film-room-cam-newton

Well done article by FootballOutsiders

Edited by PantherWake

I wonder if any Falcons fans actually read that. It shows Cam displaying, on different occasions, how to successfully not throw pick 6s when your pocket is collapsing within 2 seconds and throwing with pressure in your face.

Matty should take notes.

If you take away Martha's Pick6's.........then you take away 75% of his game.

If you take away Martha's Pick6's.........then you take away 75% of his game.

Dude... Your boy Cam threw only two less interceptions than Matt on 180 less attempts. Cam's int % is always higher than Matt's every year and his TD to INT ratio is worse too...Unless you count rushing Cam didn't outperform Matt in a single stat this year.

Can only had to win 5 games to make playoffs this season. Best QB in the South right there! Lmao

I wonder if any Falcons fans actually read that. It shows Cam displaying, on different occasions, how to successfully not throw pick 6s when your pocket is collapsing within 2 seconds and throwing with pressure in your face.

Matty should take notes.

We've seen his technique. Throw the ball so high no one can catch it

Dude... Your boy Cam threw only two less interceptions than Matt on 180 less attempts. Cam's int % is always higher than Matt's every year and his TD to INT ratio is worse too...Unless you count rushing Cam didn't outperform Matt in a single stat this year.

Can only had to win 5 games to make playoffs this season. Best QB in the South right there! Lmao

Martha Melt though, is the queen of the pick6s. Not interceptions. I believe he has had 4 or 5 pick 6s against the Panthers in the last two seasons.

kelvin benjamin wouldnt drop the ball nearly as much if he didnt have a qb who always "drops the ball" too.

You gotta admit it's funny watching them gripe about kbs drops after he has to break his torso just to get his fingertips on one of cams ducks

I find it funny that even with his "horrible playoff making QB" he has numbers comparable to both of your WR'S. .lol

Why would that be funny? Hes a good receiver. He'd be great with a qb. Unfortunately he's destined for borderline 1000 yard seasons

Cam is the most immature acting quarterback in the league

A poor example for everyone on his team

Watch any serious qb

When their drive ends - they immediately grab the tablet and start looking over the plays

Cam sits with a towel over his head and sulks

His celebrations, etc

I bet Smith slapped him upside the head and he cried to coachie

Better ship Steve off he scares me mommy

Hearing you two homeboys all week has been beyond nauseating

Give him a mega contract and go compete with the bucs for the cellar

Wow the deflection from Ryan and the discrediting of Cam is amazing around here. Even as a panther fan I wouldn't say KB is better then Julio. But of course the downgrading of Ryan's surrounding cast to uplift Ryan is alive and well.

The burner is still smh..

Lol didn't know we were talking about Ryan but ok.

******* victimized panther fans can't even hear compliments about your players with out feeling insulted lol.

KB is a great talent don't know why you're dogging him. I'd say he's already better than roddy

And you would be wrong.

Kb isn't a polish route runner like Roddy or Julio. He doesn't beat press coverage like Roddy. He can't read coverages and change his route like Roddy nor does he make pre snap reads like Roddy. So no KB isn't as good a Wr as Roddy white.

He is a rookie and it will take at least 2 more years to know and implement the sudulties in the game that Roddy knows.

I also love how your compliments to one of our players is always a jab at another...lol

He'll praise any other Panther if it gives him a reason to bash Cam