Is Hardy Untouchable

me@MyHouse

What is your opinion on Greg Hardy? He has been awfully productive but I know our outlook on off the field issues. Would you risk a long term high $ contract to sign him? I think there is a fair chance he hits FA. Panthers are paying him $13mm for nothing this year. If he hits free agency I am certain some team (Bengals, Patriots, Raiders etc...) will offer him a multi year guaranteed contract. My guess is it would take around ~$10mm per/yr for atleast 3 yrs to get him. Is he worth the risk?

I think I would take the risk especially if we could get him at a discount from his market value. I know Arthur gets to chose who he spends his money on but teams like Cincinnati and New England have made a living getting talented players on the cheap because other teams will not pull the trigger.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFL is immediately implementing a sweeping domestic violence initiative under its personal conduct policy that calls for a six-game suspension for a first offense and a lifetime ban from the league for a second offense.

Probably going to be suspended six games and is one incident away from a lifetime ban. Pass.

And I disagree OP that teams will be jumping to give him a long-term guaranteed contract.

Guest facelessman07

If he can play, you go after him

We better get a coach that can handle some crazy cuz that's exactly what this team needs

Probably going to be suspended six games and is one incident away from a lifetime ban. Pass.

And I disagree OP that teams will be jumping to give him a long-term guaranteed contract.

You're probably right but how many games has he already served? Does this season not count?

He's just got out of jail I believe.

Nah, I think he is still waiting on his retrial.

He was found guilty the 1st time by a judge. I think his retrial will be in front of a jury. If convicted again, it may be a very long time before he can ever step foot on any NFL associated property again.

His football future is the most uncertain than any other troubled NFL player that I have ever seen.

Im not sure I'd want to bring in a potential huge distraction while transitioning to a new coaching staff.

If Mike Smith and Co were still around, I think we could handle it, but with a totally new team you don't want that kind of cancer.

The case against Hardy is very weak. I fully expect him to be acquitted at his jury trial later this year.

As for what he would cost, he's making 17 million this year under the Franchise tag which is the average of the top 5 players at his position (I think that's correct) so there's NO WAY you'd get him for 10 million a year for 3 years.

One final note, the Panthers knew his season was over when they put him on the commissioners list and could have cut him because he was getting paid either way but they chose to keep him as part of the team. Many feel the Panthers will resign him if he makes it through the trial cleanly.

The case against Hardy is very weak. I fully expect him to be acquitted at his jury trial later this year.

As for what he would cost, he's making 17 million this year under the Franchise tag which is the average of the top 5 players at his position (I think that's correct) so there's NO WAY you'd get him for 10 million a year for 3 years.

One final note, the Panthers knew his season was over when they put him on the commissioners list and could have cut him because he was getting paid either way but they chose to keep him as part of the team. Many feel the Panthers will resign him if he makes it through the trial cleanly.

I wouldn't say that the case against Hardy is very weak.

He was already found guilty by a judge. Now it is up to a jury to see if he meets the same fate in a retrial.