Dimitroff Is The Problem

Just go down the line....

2014 - ATLANTA FALCONS RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL 1 6 Jake Matthews T Texas A&M 2 37 Ra'Shede Hageman DT Minnesota 3 68 Dezmen Southward FS Wisconsin 4 103 Devonta Freeman RB Florida State 4 139 Prince Shembo OLB Notre Dame 5 147 Ricardo Allen CB Purdue 5 168 Marquis Spruill LB Syracuse 7 253 Yawin Smallwood ILB Connecticut 7 255 Tyler Starr LB South Dakota
2013 - ATLANTA FALCONS RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL 1 22 Desmond Trufant CB Washington 2 60 Robert Alford CB Southeastern Louisiana 4 127 Malliciah Goodman DE Clemson 4 133 Levine Toilolo TE Stanford 5 153 Stansly Maponga DE Texas Christian 7 243 Kemal Ishmael DB Central Florida 7 244 Zeke Motta FS Notre Dame 7 249 Sean Renfree QB Duke 2012 - ATLANTA FALCONS RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL 2 55 Peter Konz G Wisconsin 3 91 Lamar Holmes T Southern Mississippi 5 157 Bradie Ewing RB Wisconsin 5 164 Jonathan Massaquoi DE Troy 6 192 Charles Mitchell SS Mississippi State 7 249 Travian Robertson NT South Carolina 2011 - ATLANTA FALCONS RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL 1 6 Julio Jones WR Alabama 3 91 Akeem Dent LB Georgia 5 145 Jacquizz Rodgers RB Oregon State 6 192 Matt Bosher P Miami (Fla.) 7 210 Andrew Jackson G Fresno State 7 230 Cliff Matthews DE South Carolina 2010 - ATLANTA FALCONS RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL 1 19 Sean Weatherspoon OLB Missouri 3 83 Corey Peters DT Kentucky 3 98 Mike Johnson G Alabama 4 117 Joe Hawley C Nevada-Las Vegas 5 135 Dominique Franks DB Oklahoma 5 165 Kerry Meier WR Kansas 6 171 Shann Schillinger DB Montana 2009 - ATLANTA FALCONS RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL 1 24 Peria Jerry DT Mississippi 2 55 William Moore DB Missouri 3 90 Chris Owens DB San Jose State 4 125 Lawrence Sidbury DE Richmond 5 138 William Middleton DB Furman 5 156 Garrett Reynolds T North Carolina 6 176 Spencer Adkins LB Miami (Fla.) 7 210 Vance Walker DT Georgia Tech 2008 - ATLANTA FALCONS RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL 1 3 Matt Ryan QB Boston College 1 21 Sam Baker T USC 2 37 Curtis Lofton MLB Oklahoma 3 68 Chevis Jackson CB Louisiana State 3 84 Harry Douglas WR Louisville 3 98 Thomas DeCoud FS California 5 138 Robert James MLB Arizona State 5 154 Kroy Biermann DE Montana 6 172 Thomas Brown RB Georgia 7 212 Wilrey Fontenot CB Arizona 7 232 Keith Zinger TE Louisiana State

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest facelessman07

We can accurately judge TD with a new coach

Smitty had a HUGE hand in personnel selection, and many times got his way

Edited by facelessman07

Apparently old Smitty had his hand in the pie way more than any of us thought. I'm pretty sure most of the defensive draft picks and free agent acquisitions the last 4 years were guys Smitty and Nolan wanted for their crazy a$$ "Inside Out Scheme". We also don't know how much influence Smith had on the offensive personnel. I'm very surprised to learn Smith had so much influence on personnel decisions.

Players got to be coached up and put in the right position to succeed: coaching.

coaches also need talented players with "potential" coaches coach potential, how good a player can be.

But we have a bunch of players with low ceilings(i kno football cliche)

Everybody kmows this, experts others team scouts and even some of us fans

So you think Blank and Dimitroff were just making **** up about Smitty and Nolan not wanting pass rushers? And you'd be a fool to think that was the first time Smitty won a personnel battle with the FO.

i dnt think they wee making it up, smitty said the very first press conference, that he believes you build from the inside out and you gotta stop the run and run the ball..

How has TD done in doing this?

He drafts jerry, how did that tirn out?

He didnt draft another dlineman no higher then the 3rd round since.

So how did he do what smitty want?

The very last yr he decides to sign solia and jackson, they say hageman was a smitty move, thats fone with me, the depth and talent on the ENTIRE line is a joke and thats on TD to not only draft wjat the coaches need for their scheme and plan to wrk, but also draft GOOD football players.

At the end of the day you have final say, so there isnt really any excuse to why this defense has a bunch of backups

Guest facelessman07

As questionable as some picks and signings have been, I'm willing to give Dimi another chance with a new coach

We know for a FACT that Smitty was heavily involved in personnel and its anyone's guess how many of those so called "reaches" were because of Smith. I'm willing to bet several

From the reports that have surfaced, looks like Smith got his way most of the time when it came to which players to pick. Absolutely stupid that he wasn't even willing to risk late round picks on guys with character issues (Greg Hardy anyone? Don't care if he never plays another snap, his production thus far was wayyyy worth a 6th round pick). But, oh wait, at least we'll get guys that were former team captains and can serve as special team aces! Oh, plus they can sing in the choir! Pick 'em Dimi! That's who I want on MY team!

Gah I'm so freaking glad he's gone now. I'm so high from that firing and have yet to fall from this cloud

As questionable as some picks and signings have been, I'm willing to give Dimi another chance with a new coach

We know for a FACT that Smitty was heavily involved in personnel and its anyone's guess how many of those so called "reaches" were because of Smith. I'm willing to bet several

From the reports that have surfaced, looks like Smith got his way most of the time when it came to which players to pick. Absolutely stupid that he wasn't even willing to risk late round picks on guys with character issues (Greg Hardy anyone? Don't care if he never plays another snap, his production thus far was wayyyy worth a 6th round pick). But, oh wait, at least we'll get guys that were former team captains and can serve as special team aces! Oh, plus they can sing in the choir! Pick 'em Dimi! That's who I want on MY team!

Gah I'm so freaking glad he's gone now. I'm so high from that firing and have yet to fall from this cloud

What in the heck is a new coach going to do? Ill tell ya, NOTHING. He is going to lose games. We will be under .500 next year unless we get some major FA in here to shore up this defense. This team is terrible and besides Trufant we have no talent on that side of the ball. Thanks THomas

So you are going to give this so-called GM another chance? Man you must be crazy he should be with Smitty right now drinking a cold one fishing.

Guest facelessman07

What in the heck is a new coach going to do? Ill tell ya, NOTHING. He is going to lose games. We will be under .500 next year unless we get some major FA in here to shore up this defense. This team is terrible and besides Trufant we have no talent on that side of the ball. Thanks THomas

So you are going to give this so-called GM another chance? Man you must be crazy he should be with Smitty right now drinking a cold one fishing.

This 2014 Falcons team was a 9-7 team this year

AT WORST