Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willy Mo

January Hawks Thread.

1,469 posts in this topic

Lol the clippers announcer

"only reason Hawks aren't the best team is because golden state just beat okc by twenty"

Dude. We're about to beat you by 20. Way to backhanded **** on your own team lol.

SavvyFalcon89 and Zone#7 like this

WOW! MAN JUST WOW IT'S 1:00 on the east coast, but it's worth it to see these Atlanta hawks play s*** man.

@WOR

I'M HALF SLEEP, BUT THIS WHAT I MEAN MAN DISRESPECT CONTINUES ARE YOU F****** SH****** ME we are about to blow out clips at their house on long road trip man them announcers can miss me with that.

Love the way we came back after that 2nd quarter(we always have lapses there...). The threes were falling and we were dunking all over the place. Love it.

Sidenote: Anyone hear how pumped up Bob got on these back/back dunks in the 4th? So funny. I love that.

Zone#7 likes this

Lol the clippers announcer

"only reason Hawks aren't the best team is because golden state just beat okc by twenty"

Dude. We're about to beat you by 20. Way to backhanded **** on your own team lol.

KD/Russ combined to shoot 8/37 that game...clearly an aberration. Announcers don't know what they're talking about.

Football season is for all intents and purposes over in this state. Thankful as heII the Hawks are giving us something to watch in the late winter early spring.

Seroiusly every single one of these west coast games I think to myself surely this is where the buck stops and maybe these guys start to look a little mortal again. But nope every night they continue to impress. And I'm no less stunned.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Hawks 107, Clips 98: ATL season sweep

By Arash Markazi

LOS ANGELES -- Doc Rivers doesn't believe in overreacting to regular-season games. A signature win or a big loss in the regular season is nothing more than one win or one loss in the standings.

Technically he is right if you're just looking at the standings and nothing else, but these games nearly midway through the season do give you an indication of how good a team is. The Clippers are 35 games into the season -- six games shy of the official halfway mark -- and they look far from a championship team. Monday's 107-98 loss to the Atlanta Hawks simply drove that point home even further.

At 23-12, the Clippers are sixth in the West standings and five games behind Golden State in the Pacific Division. At this point, a team that was a preseason title favorite in some circles is simply hoping to get home-court advantage in the first round of the playoffs and finish second in a division it has claimed the past two seasons.

It's an odd predicament to be in considering none of the Clippers starters have missed any games due to injury, and this is the second season under Doc Rivers and the fourth season Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan have been teammates. They should seemingly be past the growing pains portion of this journey and well on their way to doing what most thought they would be doing by now -- contending for a championship.

Surprise of the night: After losing to the Hawks last week in Atlanta, the Clippers jumped out to an 11-2 lead to start the game and led by as many as eight in the second quarter. But they looked lost in the second half as the Hawks went up by as many as 17 points and pulled away for the win.

Problem of the night: More like the problem of the season has been the Clippers' lack of consistency and depth on the bench. On Monday the Clippers got only 21 points from the bench (and just 15 before "garbage time"), with 10 of those points coming from Jamal Crawford, who was 3-of-9 from the field. Spencer Hawes had just two points on 1-of-6 shooting and missed all three of his 3-point attempts.

Stat of the night: The Clippers hit just seven of their 25 3-point attempts (28 percent) while the Hawks hit 13-of-27 from beyond the arc (48.1 percent).

Players of the night: Griffin had 26 points, 10 rebounds and 6 assists and hit 14 of his 18 foul shots. Jordan added 15 points and 16 rebounds.

Our Hawks are whipping azzes!

freebird310 likes this

Seroiusly every single one of these west coast games I think to myself surely this is where the buck stops and maybe these guys start to look a little mortal again. But nope every night they continue to impress. And I'm no less stunned.

I keep thinking the samething. The Hawks has impressed me. Heck, they impressed last year in the NBA playoffs where they almost took down the Pacers. I hope the Hawks keep it up and go deep into playoffs.

freebird310 likes this

Sure am glad I decided to stay up till the end although I am paying right now .....I swear man, the way these guys play like a real TEAM unit without any divas, drama or ego, this may be my favorite ATL pro team in my long sad history as an ATL fan ....we are in for a wild ride, the way we are curb stomping the West I just got a feeling we go all the way to the NBA finals. Memphis game tomorrow gonna be real ....