Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willy Mo

January Hawks Thread.

1,469 posts in this topic

I get it but fuk that. This is a Hawks thread and he was a fan. So whatever to your gif. Ok?

Yeah but it's still a Falcons message board>>, what do you expect? Top of that I actually don't know that HE IS a hawks fan. Could be he just wanted to see a good basketball game and he's in town for the offseason for all the information I have.

newtontwitter.jpg?itok=vCJlIj4V

Think that might be a Hawks cap under those beats.

Already said I respect him for repping the hometown team. Still don't like the guy.

Yeah but it's still a Falcons message board>>, what do you expect? Top of that I actually don't know that HE IS a hawks fan. Could be he just wanted to see a good basketball game and he's in town for the offseason for all the information I have.

This is not a Falcons board when I'm here as far as I'm concerned. It's Hawks only. Quit muddying the waters. Trollish behavior if you ask me. I grew up in this city when the Hawks were the only game in town and your making it about a QB that grew up here on a football team. Compartmentalize and stop being a mental midget. I'm about Atlanta. The city. My home town. just like his. Can you understand that or do I need to continue to explain that to you!

This is not a Falcons board when I'm here as far as I'm concerned. It's Hawks only. Quit muddying the waters. Trollish behavior if you ask me. I grew up in this city when the Hawks were the only game in town and your making it about a QB that grew up here on a football team. Compartmentalize and stop being a mental midget. I'm about Atlanta. The city. My home town. just like his. Can you understand that or do I need to continue to explain that to you!

Woah Francis settle down! I'm about Atlanta too. And I don't have to change my Falcons fan slanted opinion based on which sub forum I'm currently in. I'm not a Cam Newton fan. Glad he's repping his home city. Still don't like him and I don't have too. Don't make a big deal out of it.

Woah Francis settle down! I'm about Atlanta too. And I don't have to change my Falcons fan slanted opinion based on which sub forum I'm currently in. I'm not a Cam Newton fan. Glad he's repping his home city. Still don't like him and I don't have too. Don't make a big deal out of it.

This is not about the Falcons! You made it about Cam. Ooohhh...you don't like Cam Newton! Duly noted. Your Falcon fan card is secure! Thx for sharing! He's allowed to be a Hawks fan! Compartminalize and stop being a mental midget. This is not about the Falcons! Talk about the Hawks! Geez. Social engineering is obviously working. Thanks for setting the example. I cannot believe that you do not understand this.

This is not about the Falcons! You made it about Cam. Ooohhh...you don't like Cam Newton! Duly noted. Your Falcon fan card is secure! Thx for sharing! He's allowed to be a Hawks fan! Compartminalize and stop being a mental midget. This is not about the Falcons! Talk about the Hawks! Geez. Social engineering is obviously working. Thanks for setting the example. I cannot believe that you do not understand this.

Falcons play in Atlanta

Hawks play in Atlanta

Falcons and Hawks share fans

Newton is a rival of the Falcons

therefore,

Newton is hated by Hawks fans, no matter if he is one.

This isn't hard to understand.

C'mon man your the one crusading this. It went from a wink wink it's Cam Newton boo whatever into an actual thing. Maybe don't take things so seriously. You seem pretty angry for a Hawks fan right now... Relax . It's not a big deal

We just knocked off the team with the reigning MVP and stopped their streak cold. Hawks really the talk of the town now.

Yes we did. Hawks are for real although I'd love to have KD here. He gets it and would play our game and stil get his numbers. Amazing player. Team player and a great ambassador to the NBA.

Falcons play in Atlanta

Hawks play in Atlanta

Falcons and Hawks share fans

Newton is a rival of the Falcons

therefore,

Newton is hated by Hawks fans, no matter if he is one.

This isn't hard to understand.

More than that it's Cam Newton. We're not talking about Drew Brees who we only dislike because of who he plays for, and that he regualry beats us. Cam thrives on smack talk and goes out of his way to be obnoxious . He's an easy guy to dislike and I think he likes it that way, it's sort of a two way game. Same for Braves fans and Bryce Harper. If Bryce came out tomorrow and said "Go Falcons" I'd be like "huh whaadya know?" then go right back to rooting against him.

C'mon man your the one crusading this. It went from a wink wink it's Cam Newton boo whatever into an actual thing. Maybe don't take things so seriously. You seem pretty angry for a Hawks fan right now... Relax . It's not a big deal

Maybe but you trolled a Hawks thread with Cam Newton. It's not a crusade. Keep it Hawks. This is a big deal for this city. If you love the city than love it. Hating Cam is stupid in a Hawks thread. It just is. Sorry. Scroll up. Bama fan here. This notion is pointless. Just a lazy distraction from what this team has accomplished. You are bored. Obviously.

By the way I don't hate Cam Newton or anything like I root for car wrecks or whatever but I don't really care for his "ra ra look at me" attitude and I root against whenever given the chance unless he's playing New Orleans. Last I'm going to say on this issue because as Francis correctly pointed out THIS IS the Hawks forum. Shouldn't have even gone on this long.

Maybe but you trolled a Hawks thread with Cam Newton. It's not a crusade. Keep it Hawks. This is a big deal for this city. If you love the city than love it. Hating Cam is stupid in a Hawks thread. It just is. Sorry. Scroll up. Bama fan here. This notion is pointless. Just a lazy distraction from what this team has accomplished. You are bored. Obviously

Only made a throw away comment on how he makes it hard to like him (insert throw away gif) and you went and turned it into a thing. Sorry man if it upsets you. We had moved on to other discussions till you brought it back.

By the way I don't hate Cam Newton or anything like I root for car wrecks or whatever but I don't really care for his "ra ra look at me" attitude and I root against whenever given the chance unless he's playing New Orleans. Last I'm going to say on this issue because as Francis correctly pointed out THIS IS the Hawks forum. Shouldn't have even gone on this long.

.Only made a throw away comment on how he makes it hard to like him (insert throw away gif) and you went and turned it into a thing. Sorry man if it upsets you. We had moved on to other discussions till you brought it back.

Hey man it's all good. Jump on board. I get it. I really do. Cam is hard to like. I get it. Plenty of room on this wagon. Easy to get distracted. I know. Whatever brings us back in Atlanta. Not a lot to fall back on. Sad for us. What a conflicted fan base we are. Let's hate him together but at the end of the day this is all bulljankie. He's still a home town kid that made good. Controversy and all. I'm glad he showed up and represented the ATL. My home town. I respect that.

Lets get this Cam Newton garbage out of this positive ATL Hawks thread about winning.

btw If Cam saw what just a simple appearance at a Hawks did to a Hawks sub Falcon forum I think he'd smile and get a kick out of it.ph34r.png

Moving on......

Your next six games leading up to Golden State

vs Minn

vs Brooklyn

vs Portland

vs Philly

@ New Orleans

vs Washington

We could definitely get this this up to 21 only Portland and Washington give me any concern, and even those are wins if we play our game.

(knock on wood)

Lets get this Cam Newton garbage out of this positive ATL Hawks thread about winning.

Agreed. Was trying to crush that then it became a "thing". Typical...should have let it lie but dam! Much ado about nothing. People playing message board. I'm all Hawks here and have to be inundated with peripheral distractions. Proud of this team. Can't express it enough. Better than the Nique years which is new territory!

Btw hadn't seen it mentioned but Lamarcus Aldridge out 6-8 weeks

Yeah. Saw that this morning. Injuries are a funny thing. You don't want to feel good about them but also know it can help. Conflicted...

Yeah. Saw that this morning. Injuries are a funny thing. You don't want to feel good about them but also know it can help. Conflicted...

I believe the last time we played them they were missing Lopez but were otherwise healthy (not 100% on that) and we still handled them, IN THE ROSE GARDEN no less. So we don't necessarily need him to be out to take this one but I'm not going to say I'm sorry to see him out as it makes Carrol or whomever would've guarded him's job that much easier (he scored 30 last time)

We've also had Washington's number, but with a player like John Wall you never know. He might just find the zone and go off.

Brooklyn and New Orleans, I guess you could make a case for being trap games but those are still two very poor teams right now while Philly and Minn are just counting down to the lottery.

Edit: Philly is on the tail end of a back to back after Portland but both are at home and we'll have been at home for a while so I don't see fatigue as being to much of an issue. Bud may even use it as another "rest the starters" game.

I believe the last time we played them they were missing Lopez but were otherwise healthy (not 100% on that) and we still handled them, IN THE ROSE GARDEN no less. So we don't necessarily need him to be out to take this one but I'm not going to say I'm sorry to see him out as it makes Carrol or whomever would've guarded him's job that much easier (he scored 30 last time)

I think your right. Lopez was out. Doesn't matter with this team. The game has changed. Big men and rebounds are important but this league has a European flavor which is ridiculous because it's really old school American basketball. We had to be re-taught the game by Euros. How messed up is that?