Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willy Mo

January Hawks Thread.

1,469 posts in this topic

I'd really like to see Calvin Johnson and Hines Ward get more involved with ATL sports not in their original spheres. Heck I'd even be okay with Dwight Howard at Falcons and Braves games though I'd still boo the sh^t out of him.

Smoove can stay in Houston.

Ward admitted that he was pissed when he wasn't drafted by the Falcons back in 1998.

Ward admitted that he was pissed when he wasn't drafted by the Falcons back in 1998.

Poor guy coulda been here in Atlanta perennially missing the playoffs instead of earning rings in Pitt rolleyes.gif

You'd think he'd get over it....

Athletes should hesitate to be too chummy with same sport franchises they never played for anyway unless their an owner, scout, coach or something. But I'd love to see him at Hawks and Braves events, heck just embrace your UGA roots a little more

Yep true. I have to respect him for still being him.

When it comes to the NFL, he is a rival.

When it comes to the NBA, he's a fellow Hawks fan.

Thank you. Home is home man. Work is work. That's it. That's all. That's life.

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

Yeeeah I hear ya but at the same time he's this guy

cam.gif

Yep, I'm surprised that no one really noticed who he was though.

Kind of surprised by that. He just seemed like one of the guys.

I'd really like to see Calvin Johnson and Hines Ward get more involved with ATL sports not in their original spheres. Heck I'd even be okay with Dwight Howard at Falcons and Braves games though I'd still boo the sh^t out of him.

Smoove can stay in Houston.

they might not be fans of any sport teams in Atlanta though.

they might not be fans of any sport teams in Atlanta though.

No they might not be. And if that aint a microcosm of Atlanta fans and sports I don't what is either. Doesn't' stop all these dudes from trying to live here though dry.png

He was at the Hawks game tonight.

He was rooting for the Hawks.

Yes. Cam is a huge Atlanta fan.

That was my point. If he didn't play for our rival, I'm sure he'd say he'd love to play here.

Yeeeah I hear ya but at the same time he's this guy

cam.gif

Cam is a dbag. Luckily for him Atlanta is full of them. I'm not knocking him. But that's his personality. A diva.

Yes. Cam is a huge Atlanta fan.

That was my point. If he didn't play for our rival, I'm sure he'd say he'd love to play here.

Buddy needs to commit to an ATL hat something though. tongue.png No more neutral "I just happen to be in town" attire.

Buddy needs to commit to an ATL hat something though. tongue.png No more neutral "I just happen to be in town" attire.

His p.r. People will never let that happen his presence alone should be good enough. Remember when Vick rocked the Yankees cap?

Hawks got the lead in on sports center with locker room interviews. for those saying they dont show them props.

Honestly I don't know anyone left who isn't gushing over the Hawks aside from Sir Charles (Who's a closet ATL sports fan I I think he's just afraid to get hurt tongue.png )

We just knocked off the team with the reigning MVP and stopped their streak cold. Hawks really the talk of the town now.

Honestly I don't know anyone left who isn't gushing over the Hawks aside from Sir Charles (Who's a closet ATL sports fan I I think he's just afraid to get hurt tongue.png )

He's from Bama. GA hate is in his blood.

He's from Bama. GA hate is in his blood.

He'll randomly bring up the Falcons and Braves in the NBA studio unprovoked (personally guaranteed we'd beat the Giants alot of good it did us) and before this year he used to give the Hawks love, probably more than they actually deserved. Might be he was a Larry Drew or Woodson guy or he's still mad about the ownership/GM situation we have. I know he wanted to be our GM (or Philly or the Suns) when it looked like Ferry was backed into a corner. Fat chance of that now Chuck

I hope we haven't cooled back off when GSW comes to town. That's going to be an incredible game if both teams bring their A games.