Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willy Mo

January Hawks Thread.

1,469 posts in this topic

Moose won't get good minutes until he learns how to properly box out.

Guys are going right through and around him every time there is a missed shot.

1st time entering TATAH, my cherry popped yeah, lol.

For real tho, is this team legit? Is this going to be a 1st and out? I' not a trying to hate or be a downer, it's just that this feels like this a fluke and that a very soft east would only allow the Hawks to be in 1st. What is this teams expectations? i bet the players themselves didn't see this coming nor did the entire NBA. Are you guy's expecting a chip from this team either this year or in 2-3 years?

For real tho, is this team legit? Is this going to be a 1st and out? I' not a trying to hate or be a downer, it's just that this feels like this a fluke and that a very soft east would only allow the Hawks to be in 1st. What is this teams expectations? i bet the players themselves didn't see this coming nor did the entire NBA. Are you guy's expecting a chip from this team either this year or in 2-3 years?

Have you not been keeping up until today? They have had one of the toughest schedules in the NBA over the last month or so. I'm pretty sure they also lead the league in most wins against opponents with winning records. It's not like they have been racking up Ws against the Knicks and Sixers every night. They have wins @Houston, @Portland, @LAC, @Dallas, and against Memphis, Chicago, Washington, and LAC at home in the last few weeks, and several of those were laughers. A mediocre team winning 6 or 7 in a row is a fluke. Any team that can win 24 of 26 is very, very good. Barring injury it would be extremely disappointing if they failed to advance in the playoffs.

blkbigdog35 likes this

Millsap is in the Allstar Game. Teague snubbed again!

What are you talking about? No player from the Hawks will get fan voted in (voting ends on 19th). Whichever Hawks get in will be coaches selections.

Some of the talking heads on NBATV said if the Hawks are still winning at this rate they deserve 4 Allstars: Al, Sap, KK and Jeff.

J-Nice and Zone#7 like this

What are you talking about? No player from the Hawks will get fan voted in (voting ends on 19th). Whichever Hawks get in will be coaches selections.

Some of the talking heads on NBATV said if the Hawks are still winning at this rate they deserve 4 Allstars: Al, Sap, KK and Jeff.

That's the hope, but it won't happen just because it's unthinkable to everyone.

Yep we got 4 guys who deserve it but such is the nature of the NBA and how the ASG fan voting predictably works every single year (I remember Tracy McGrady got in one year after only playing like 10 games) we'll likely only end up with one or two.

Wont mind them getting the extra rest that week though, especially Horford. His status may ultimatly be what decides how far we go.

For real tho, is this team legit?

Just watch them play. They are for real.

Have you not been keeping up until today? They have had one of the toughest schedules in the NBA over the last month or so. I'm pretty sure they also lead the league in most wins against opponents with winning records. It's not like they have been racking up Ws against the Knicks and Sixers every night. They have wins @Houston, @Portland, @LAC, @Dallas, and against Memphis, Chicago, Washington, and LAC at home in the last few weeks, and several of those were laughers. A mediocre team winning 6 or 7 in a row is a fluke. Any team that can win 24 of 26 is very, very good. Barring injury it would be extremely disappointing if they failed to advance in the playoffs.

If they were only winning with offense, I would be concerned. The defense has been the big difference. If they can sustain, and I think they will, they will have a chance to win games.

A lot if times it's the defense leading to easy buckets.

KGrillz likes this

Hawks fans are delusional haha. Were no where close to the spurs. Were trying, but that's an all time great team out there. Were a first round exit.
Where's our diaw? Or secondary faciliatators? Our big man that can get any shot within 15 feet?
And above all the physical aspects, is the mental aspect. Everyone can get good players. Only the Spurs can get them to play like that.
I'll believe we're the Spurs east if were a top 3 seed next year.
Believe!