When Did You Realize Smitty Needed To Go?

To me, it had to be the San Francisco game a couple of playoffs ago. You got too conservative,letting a comeback happen during the seahawks game and let the TE kill you all game long. Every coach would have realized their mistakes and fixed it for the next playoff game. Not Smitty, he let the same crap happen the next game. I couldn't wait to get rid of him after that.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2012 Final regular season game at the Bucs. Instead of using a meaningless games to help our young guys get experince against run first teams with a mobile QB, which was like half the teams in the playoffs(Seattle, SanFran, Washington), we start our starters and they get hurt in that game.

It was understandable why he played them. We rested for GB and look what happened? He actually changed it up for once and made a gutsy call and it really bit him. In the end, that along with the meltdowns cost this team the SB.

To me, it had to be the San Francisco game a couple of playoffs ago. You got too conservative,letting a comeback happen during the seahawks game and let the TE kill you all game long. Every coach would have realized their mistakes and fixed it for the next playoff game. Not Smitty, he let the same crap happen the next game. I couldn't wait to get rid of him after that.

Yea the NFCCG let me know he had to go. I had a feeling he was not the right guy for this team after the 24-2 loss to the Giants.

During the 2011 season

Not even kidding

Have wanted him gone for the longest time

Yeah, I may have been the first to call for Smitty's scalp, at least three and a half years ago. I know I was done with Smittyball when we got humiliated vs the Giants in the play-offs in that 24-2 loss. He was just a journeyman coach who realized you're going to beat most of the teams on your schedule in this mediocre league if you play not to lose. I never wanted a HC with that kind of attitude. Despite all the winning seasons, that's not what I call success.

Guest Negatorris

2012 after Seattle was allowed to come back and push them to the final minute. Hellll that entire season was full of unnecessary comebacks by the opponent. It's fortunate they won 13 games

His job was saved. No doubt Blank would have shown him the door had Ryan not put is in FG range.

2012 after Seattle was allowed to come back and push them to the final minute. Hellll that entire season was full of unnecessary comebacks by the opponent. It's fortunate they won 13 games

THIS ........wasn't that the season we played down to oaklands level against them? That was the year there was a lot of talk about close games that should have been blowouts and may have been the year the term "smittyball" was born.

That also seemed to be the year we developed the trend of not being able to stop a tight end over the middle thats followed us since, tho this year was a bit better. Thanks dwight lowery

As some here may have guessed, I'm a pretty forgiving person. I'm a cautious optimist and try to find the positive resolution for a situation.

Having said that, what really blew it for me, was the the Browns game. That was when I said that he had to be gone pretty much no matter what, outside of the crazy out there possibility of rereaching the NFC Championship.

THIS ........wasn't that the season we played down to oaklands level against them? That was the year there was a lot of talk about close games that should have been blowouts and may have been the year the term "smittyball" was born.

That also seemed to be the year we developed the trend of not being able to stop a tight end over the middle thats followed us since, tho this year was a bit better. Thanks dwight lowery

man there were so freakin many moments that season. Barely beat Arizona with a 5th string QB after Matt threw 5 picks. Threw 2 or 3 against Oakland. That season was filled with nail biters and the year Harry was alot more important than people gave him credit for

2012 Final regular season game at the Bucs. Instead of using a meaningless games to help our young guys get experince against run first teams with a mobile QB, which was like half the teams in the playoffs(Seattle, SanFran, Washington), we start our starters and they get hurt in that game.

This exactly. No ******* clue what he was thinking there.

Guest facelessman07

Yeah, I may have been the first to call for Smitty's scalp, at least three and a half years ago. I know I was done with Smittyball when we got humiliated vs the Giants in the play-offs in that 24-2 loss. He was just a journeyman coach who realized you're going to beat most of the teams on your schedule in this mediocre league if you play not to lose. I never wanted a HC with that kind of attitude. Despite all the winning seasons, that's not what I call success.

It's funny how a few of us caught onto all his bs early

I remember a thread Gritz started back in 2012 when we were undefeated or had only lost 1 game by that point and he described to a tee Smith's flaws yet was blasted by several who continued to make excuses for Smith. 'Twas prophetic

Gah I was so freaking horrified of possibly winning a playoff game and having to deal with this bs for another year or two. IMHO, losing was every bit worth it to bring about a culture change

And some posters were throwing around the words "SUPER BOWL"

Lmao. PUH-LEASE

I don't know if that was the game where I realized he needed to go, but it was definitely the beginning of the end for him.