Doug Marrone Also Has Interviews Lined Up With The Falcons And Bears

atljbo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really, he only had a year left on his contract, and the ownership changed and wouldn't guarantee him anything past the year left in his contract.

His agent really did a great job.

I get it.. ts business but you dont inform your players after the news broke via text man... Them dudes are pissed

Also

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 17h 17 hours ago

Doug Marrone would have received a big-$ contract extension from #Bills. No question. It was the uncertainty of a football czar that got him

I get it.. ts business but you dont inform your players after the news broke via text man... Them dudes are pissed

Also

That's news. Hmmm. I guess he didn't like the changes then. I had heard he thought he was going to be moved out after his contract was up.

Yeah the text was lame.

Good. The organization needs to talk to as many candidates as possible.

I don't have a complete feel for his intangibles as a coach, but he's got the pedigree of having apprenticed under Sean Payton, and here he'll have the quarterback to fully install his system.

Defensively, I'm not sure how hands on he is -- if at all -- but it's worth noting his two seasons in Buffalo his defenses finished 10th and 4th respectively. So, I have to think he's got some kind of vision on how that side of the ball should look.

That's news. Hmmm. I guess he didn't like the changes then. I had heard he thought he was going to be moved out after his contract was up.

Yeah the text was lame.

maybe its not pigtrino ... but its just man ... thats dont feel good .... atleast call each player ... its gonna be tough but thst just shows respect and feels more like you really care

Buffalo's season is over and the players are probably

spread all over the place. This is not the same as what

Petrino did.

^^ This ^^

maybe its not pigtrino ... but its just man ... thats dont feel good .... atleast call each player ... its gonna be tough but thst just shows respect and feels more like you really care

Players don't call the coach when they sign as free agents with new teams do they shouldn't expect a courtesy call from a coach doing the same thing.

Marrone's conservative approach to simple 4th down decisions makes him a non-option, IMO. Ineffective offense, not the same level of talent on defense, can't manage the game.

Not an option.

Who were his QB's Kyle Orton (Retired) & EJ Manuel (Couldn't beat out Orton)

Edited by Club212

Who where his QB's Kyle Orton (Retired) & EJ Manuel (Couldn't beat out Orton)

Okay? And the OL continued to struggle (they couldnt even get their 2nd round pick on the active 46), the running game was ineffective, he consistently punted in situations where he shouldnt have. The entirety of their team success came from the defense. A unit that he didnt run.

yeah, trade up trigger happy TD with trade up trigger happy Marrone. What could go wrong

Worth noting, most Bills fans are happy he left. He is supposed to be an offensive guru and thats the side of the ball that struggled this year, from what they said.