Let's Talk Running Backs

I know Steven Jackson is under contract for another year but what are the chances we take a RB in the draft this year? Antone and Quizz are FA's after this year. Honestly my preference would be to let Quizz walk in FA, sign Smith to a 1 or 2 year deal, and take a RB in the 4th or 5th round. CBSSports.com has about 13 RB's projected to go in the first 4 or so rounds. I'd love to take a David Cobb or Cameron Artis-Payne in the 5th round if there. Thoughts on taking a RB in the draft or resigning Quizz/Tone?

We need to re-sign Tone. He's the perfect change of pace and we need a sledgehammer.

I personally hope Josh Robinson declares. He reminds me so much of MJD, his balance is exceptional.

Also, Texas RB Malcolm Brown reminds me a lot of what Le'Veon Bell looked like at MSU. Very similar tape.

Cameron Stingily is also noteworthy.

All can be had in the 4th round at the earliest.

Josh Robinson declared today ^

I'd like him in the 4th or later

I would like to take Tevin Coleman in the 2nd (preferably in a trade back scenario)

David Cobb is a big back that i like alot. I wouldn't mind going after him in a mid round. I'm guessing the 3rd.

If we traded back from 8 to get into the twenties i would be fine with Gurley. But i wouldn't prefer it.

I know most people want to look for value and late round choices at running back. I could not disagree more. This team can't convert on third and one and hasn't been able to for at least three years now. I was concerned about Lacy's mileage when he was taken in the second round but I now realize you can't draft scared. You have to take the best available talent. Gurley has that burst and explosion you want in a back. He hits the hole so hard you really don't want to defend the man because you are going to get trucked all game. We get him and the team will rally around him. I expect him to be injured two games a year like most so NFL running backs do so yeah we draft a guy in the late rounds too. I would be fine with Kayoh's small school back as a UDFA or 7th round choice. But I'm not going to pass up another battering ram like Gurley this offseason. I do think we have a shot to get him in the second round due to the ACL.

I know Steven Jackson is under contract for another year but what are the chances we take a RB in the draft this year? Antone and Quizz are FA's after this year. Honestly my preference would be to let Quizz walk in FA, sign Smith to a 1 or 2 year deal, and take a RB in the 4th or 5th round. CBSSports.com has about 13 RB's projected to go in the first 4 or so rounds. I'd love to take a David Cobb or Cameron Artis-Payne in the 5th round if there. Thoughts on taking a RB in the draft or resigning Quizz/Tone?

Falcons HAVE to get a RB. I'm a big David Cobb fan myself. I would love to be able to take one in round 2, but with the depth and the extreme need for pass rushers, I'm not sure I wouldn't draft two front 7 players with my first 2 picks. 3rd or 4th round could net a pretty good RB.

Guest King Jigsaw

We're picking 10th in the 2nd round?

There are 3 teams with the same record as us. We had the weakest SOS of the three so we pick first in the first, but tenth in the second, and ninth in the third. It will rotate like that throughout the draft.

Same thing happened last year. We drafted 6th overall but 37th in the 2nd round because of that rotation.