The Official Rex Ryan Thread - Please Keep Rex Related Posts In Here!

JT

Rex has never had a great qb and world class receiver speed

Then again Rex woukd be the best coach to build up a much needed d front seven

He would thrive out of the pressure cooker media fish bowl of NYC sports

As a Saints fan I see Rex Ryan as a great choice

He will certainly bring an attitude adjustment and whip people into shape

Not shaking in my panties,

Welcome competition

Excellent points- especially regarding coaching in a less toxic media environment. I believe Chicago or San Francisco would be mistakes for Rex. Too similar to NY. He seems like the kind of guy that performs at his best when he's allowed to be himself. ATL could be just the place. Blank needs ease up on some of the corpo stuff though for the chemistry to work.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton Manning makes all his receivers look better than they would with most other QB's. Nobody and I mean NOBODY especially your boy McDaniel had any inclination Thomas would be the receiver he turned out to be coming outta that run 98% of the time Georgia Tech team. Any idiot that would draft Tim Tebow in any round better have God as GM cause that's the only way he will ever be a NFL starter.

Plenty of people thought Demaryius Thomas would turn into a star because he had ungodly measurables which is why he was a projected 1st rounder to begin with wise guy. Please don't speak of something as if its fact when its CLEARLY your opinion. Like you could know if anyone or McDaniels thought Thomas would turn into a star.

And Decker is obviously not just a product of Manning either. Just stop posting. You are digging yourself a whole.

Well Tim Tebow led his team to the playoffs and beat the #1 defense while throwing for over 300 yards. That means something.

2014: 22nd

2013: 25th

2012: 30th

2011: 25th

2010: 11th

2009: 20th

Kinda hard to have a great Defense PPG wise when your offense barely moves the ball or scores. Defense is constantly on the field. Above are the Jets YPG rankings each of Rex's seasons in New York.

You look at the one good season for the Jets on offense, And to no surprise they were 5 points away from going to the Superbowl. In the 2nd best offensive season in 2009 where they were 20th... they also reached the AFC Championship.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

Not by much...4 years and 6 years difference. But it's all semantics. Each side will make the "numbers" look how they want them to look.

There's only 4 examples that we're talking about here and knowing the history of that Browns team and Belicheck, he's not even a legitimate example.

Before their current NFL gigs.

Belichick had 1 year of NFL HC experience.

Carroll had 4 years of NFL HC experience

Reid had 12 years of NFL HC experience

Ryan has 5.....how do you figure it's semantics?

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2qvhqt/rex_ryan_to_interview_with_the_atlanta_falcons/

Jets fan: Dammit. Rex Ryan is my great white buffalo. It was for the best but he is totally gonna be that semi attractive girl from high school that was the best lay you ever had but you just couldn't make it work. But now she's a fitness model and you can't bear to think what could've been. Yea it's just like that. Now if you'll excuse me I'll be in the bathroom on instagram.

49ers fan: The only thing Rex was missing in New Jersey was a QB or he might have two rings.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Matt Ryan qualifies as a QB.

Pats fan: Just get him out of the AFC!

Packers fan: Ryan and Atlanta can make a real run at things. I'd love to see this.

Saints fan: Nonononononononononononono, please no.

Teams with Rob have never beaten him. We don't need 2 automatic losses every year. ;-;

Panthers fans:

I hope he stays in the AFC. Or at least not in the NFCS.

Please, say it ain't so.

This seems like a great fit for that team. Too good. Pls no rex.

Bucs fans: I like it better when they were interested in Josh McDaniels. Please stay away Rex.

NOOOOOO

No thank you

now tell me again, why the **** do you guys not want him here again?

Im not surprised at all. I asked several of my some of my knowledgeable football friends if their team had a HC vacancy, would they want Rex.

These are their teams and responses:

Raiders - No!

49ers - **** No!

49ers - Praying for no Rex!

Cowboys - **** no!

Cowboys - Yes

Broncos - Negative

Broncos - If he was the only coach available

Vikings - He is a joke

Seahawks - Nope

Seahawks - No way!

Bucs - Not really

Chargers/Dolphins - Yes.

Steelers - No

Colts - I wouldn't want him.

No - 12

Yes - 2

Edited by dirtybirds808

And again this is not to bash Rex or to say that he sucks or anything negative of the sort.... It is just about the fact that by in large part his Jet defenses have been middle of the road in some pretty important stats.

And he has played in a crappy division for qbs... out side of Brady of course. the Dolphins and Bills have had some of the worst qb play in the league for the vast majority of the time he was with the jets.

If he brought the right OC with him I am warming up to the idea but I think people need to get it out of their minds that he is going to be a defensive savior.

You might want to look at his Raven defenses as well to get a clearer picture since people are doing that with the defensive coordinators.

Or not.

The Ravens' defense was good before Rex got there and good after he left.

Rex, just like many other defensive coaches who worked for the Ravens organization, had his reputation unfairly bolstered by the stellar play of the players in that organization on defense. IOW, because a guy was some type of defensive coach for the Ravens' organization doesn't prove very much of anything about his abilities as a coach to transform a defense.

Edited by David Deas

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2qvhqt/rex_ryan_to_interview_with_the_atlanta_falcons/

Jets fan: Dammit. Rex Ryan is my great white buffalo. It was for the best but he is totally gonna be that semi attractive girl from high school that was the best lay you ever had but you just couldn't make it work. But now she's a fitness model and you can't bear to think what could've been. Yea it's just like that. Now if you'll excuse me I'll be in the bathroom on instagram.

49ers fan: The only thing Rex was missing in New Jersey was a QB or he might have two rings.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Matt Ryan qualifies as a QB.

Pats fan: Just get him out of the AFC!

Packers fan: Ryan and Atlanta can make a real run at things. I'd love to see this.

Saints fan: Nonononononononononononono, please no.

Teams with Rob have never beaten him. We don't need 2 automatic losses every year. ;-;

Panthers fans:

I hope he stays in the AFC. Or at least not in the NFCS.

Please, say it ain't so.

This seems like a great fit for that team. Too good. Pls no rex.

Bucs fans: NOOOOOO

No thank you

now tell me again, why the **** do you guys not want him here again?

Great post. And if ppl think the FO isnt paying attention to what ppl are saying they're fooling themselves.

2014: 22nd

2013: 25th

2012: 30th

2011: 25th

2010: 11th

2009: 20th

Kinda hard to have a great Defense PPG wise when your offense barely moves the ball or scores. Defense is constantly on the field. Above are the Jets YPG rankings each of Rex's seasons in New York.

You look at the one good season for the Jets on offense, And to no surprise they were 5 points away from going to the Superbowl. In the 2nd best offensive season in 2009 where they were 20th... they also reached the AFC Championship.

Sure there is some merit to that but they still allowed some big games to mediocre offenses.

I don't think he will pass the so-called Falcon Filter. These higher ups want a small hamster of a coach that won't even let out a squeak when he disagrees with them. I expect another no-name coordinator from some middle of the pack team like Buffalo or Cleveland. They will feed us some dribble about the work ethic and coaching philosophy and then keep the man on a tight leash.

You do realize that the two years he was away from a HC position he was the protégé of Bill Parcells right? I mean... To say that getting tutored by one of the greatest head coaches of all time doesn't matter is crazy. He would not be as good as he is today without Parcells grooming.

Where did I even remotely say that?

I said he didn't need to take a step back. He was ready to be a HC and win. I said he would've possibly won a championship with Cleveland if not for the move.

I didn't say he would be exactly who he is today.

But he had that team at 11-5 the year before the move and was a favorite to be in the SB in the 96 season but word came out about the move and derailed the season.

Now the Belicheck of today may have been able to turn the tide of that information and that's what Parcells probably helped him with but he was still a SB caliber HC.

Before their current NFL gigs.

Belichick had 1 year of NFL HC experience.

Carroll had 4 years of NFL HC experience

Reid had 12 years of NFL HC experience

Ryan has 5.....how do you figure it's semantics?

Belicheck was the the HC of the Browns for 4 or 5 seasons.

And I was thinking of Mike Smith and in my head I was thinking 7...my bad

I don't think he will pass the so-called Falcon Filter. These higher ups want a small hamster of a coach that won't even let out a squeak when he disagrees with them. I expect another no-name coordinator from some middle of the pack team like Buffalo or Cleveland. They will feed us some dribble about the work ethic and coaching philosophy and then keep the man on a tight leash.

In case you haven't heard Blank sent the Filter packing with Smitty.

Last I heard, Blank said to **** with the filter. We are passing up on too many good players. As long as we get a coach who can control them, and Rex is that coach.

Im not surprised at all. I asked several of my some of my knowledgeable football friends if their team had a HC vacancy, would they want Rex.

These are their teams and responses:

Raiders - No!

49ers - **** No!

49ers - Praying for no Rex!

Cowboys - **** no!

Cowboys - Yes

Broncos - Negative

Broncos - If he was the only coach available

Vikings - He is a joke

Seahawks - Nope

Seahawks - No way!

Bucs - Not really

Chargers/Dolphins - Yes.

Steelers - No

Colts - I wouldn't want him.

No - 12

Yes - 2

Why would you ask your friends who's teams are in the playoffs tho. They can't imagine that the right way. Anyway I couid care less. It scares the h3ll out of the saints. Go to their message board.

Sure there is some merit to that but they still allowed some big games to mediocre offenses.

Name a single defense that has never once been gashed. Everyone has bad games.

The Rams with Austin Davis at QB gashed the Seahawks this year for 463 yards and 28 points.

The Chargers 377 yards and 30 points

The Cowboys 401 yards and 30 points

The OAKLAND RAIDERS put up 24 points on the Seahawks. Charles ran for 160 yards against the Hawks.

Do you get my point? No defense is perfect for 16 games every season.