The Official Rex Ryan Thread - Please Keep Rex Related Posts In Here!

JT

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see Tru, Ishmael and Alford thriving in that system. They are better when they play man to man and Ishmael is more of a box Safety who can thump. We need to find some linbackers though.

49ers planned on releasing one of their LB's this year and I think it will be Willis. They can't afford to have all that money invested in the LB corps.

Hey Superman the only reason Tebow had his 15 mins of glory is due to the Steelers being blindsided because they couldn't believe he actually threw the ball in that game. Tebow is the worst QB in the history of the NFL even God couldn't help him complete a pass. Thomas was just blind luck he sure as he11 wasn't catching many passes at Georgia Tech. Now that I think about it your boy Tebow would have been the perfect QB at GT he would have never had to complete a pass there. The other players you mentioned are average at best nothing to boast about. Decker was just a result of having Manning at QB. Daniels sucks if he's got any sense he will stay at the only place he's had any success, New England and we all know that's because papa Belicheck is making all the calls there. Just say NO Blank to McDaniel. He11 I would take Mike Chitty over McDaniel.

If you are sitting here telling me that Demaryius Thomas was blind luck and that Decker is just a result of Manning and Beadles and Cox aren't solid players then I don't even need to tell you that you have zero clue what you are talking about lol

Mangini went from the jets to the graveyard. Rex is going from the jets to a goldmine if hired. Different scenarios. Most coaches want a franchise qb in place. We have that. And you forgot about Andy Reid. He went straight from Philly to KC.

Andy Reid is completely different, he was a proven coach that could sustain a winning program.

A lot of stuff is being said about how great of defense's he has had.

I think some people overlook the fact that very honestly his defenses have been mediocre out side of his 2009 & 2010 defense.

Here are his points allowed rankings for the 6 years he was there in NY

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_GAME_AVG&tabSeq=2&season=2014&role=OPP&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=SCORING&qualified=false

The jets ranked 24th in points allowed in 2014

19th in 2013

20th in 2012

20th in 2011

6th in 2010

1st in 2009

His defenses do get more sacks than we got but they actually get less turnovers than we go

His jets were dead last in ints in 2014

22nd in 2013

23rd in 2012

tied with us for 10 in 2011

25th in 2010

and 13th in 2009

So while I am warming up to he idea of him being here I think the perception is that the ONLY issue he had in NY was the offense but in reality his defenses were not always as good as people think.

I do like his defensive mind and he would do good things with some of our young guys on D but I am still not totally sold on him.

Sometimes you need to take a step back in order to take two steps forward. The narrative around these parts is that Belicheck and Carroll failed the first time and then went on to be successful. Completely glazing over the fact that they took a lesser position to hone their craft before going to back to a HC position. They took the time to learn, absorb, and create, which is why they became successful. Rex can take this as a learning opportunity to become a better HC in the future. But as for right now, he is an incomplete HC. Not right for this team.

You might be able to say that about Carroll honing his skills but not about Belicheck.

Belicheck's dismissal was strictly circumstantial. Without the move and whatnot Belicheck probably would have brought a championship team to Cleveland and maybe never had been fired. It's one of the things Cleveland fans say they are cursed about.

Not only did BMore take over and win 2 championships but they also lost a HOF coach and coaching staff of whom went kn to win 3 championships.

I feel sorry for Cleveland fans but Belicheck didn't need any time off to hone his skills.

If Rex is hired for a job in the 2015 there will be a major difference between him & the 2 you mentioned. None of them went from a losing situation immediately to a winning one, both stepped away and went back to coordinator positions before becoming a good HC. Rex if he goes from one HC position to another will be more like Mangini than Belicheck or Carroll.

Man you guys sure do stick to one theory and run with it. Lol.

Read above. Belicheck was strictly circumstantial. He didn't need to step back. Carroll may have needed to. He wasn't ready.

Stepping back has no equation into 2nd chances being a good coach. You have 1 example of one way it worked, one example of when it didn't, and one in between. That's not near enough examples to draw some sort of conclusion out of it.

Mangini went from the jets to the graveyard. Rex is going from the jets to a goldmine if hired. Different scenarios. Most coaches want a franchise qb in place. We have that. And you forgot about Andy Reid. He went straight from Philly to KC.

Browns is a desolate place that's for sure. You're right about Reid though, forgot he did as well. I forget he didn't miss a season. I remember he had a bad year with his family and missed some games. However the similarities are there. Both Carroll and Belichick didn't fair too well their first go around as HC. It was only a year for Belichick's first HC tenure and Carroll had a year with the Jets and 2 with NE. Reid on the other hand had 13 years with the Eagles. On the Grand scale of thing, where Rex is in his HC career is closer to Belichick and Carroll than Reid.

Rex has never had a great qb and world class receiver speed

Then again Rex woukd be the best coach to build up a much needed d front seven

He would thrive out of the pressure cooker media fish bowl of NYC sports

As a Saints fan I see Rex Ryan as a great choice

He will certainly bring an attitude adjustment and whip people into shape

Not shaking in my panties,

Welcome competition

A lot of stuff is being said about how great of defense's he has had.

I think some people overlook the fact that very honestly his defenses have been mediocre out side of his 2009 & 2010 defense.

Here are his points allowed rankings for the 6 years he was there in NY

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_GAME_AVG&tabSeq=2&season=2014&role=OPP&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=SCORING&qualified=false

The jets ranked 24th in points allowed in 2014

19th in 2013

20th in 2012

20th in 2011

6th in 2010

1st in 2009

His defenses do get more sacks than we got but they actually get less turnovers than we go

His jets were dead last in ints in 2014

22nd in 2013

23rd in 2012

tied with us for 10 in 2011

25th in 2010

and 13th in 2009

So while I am warming up to he idea of him being here I think the perception is that the ONLY issue he had in NY was the offense but in reality his defenses were not always as good as people think.

I do like his defensive mind and he would do good things with some of our young guys on D but I am still not totally sold on him.

You might want to look at his Raven defenses as well to get a clearer picture since people are doing that with the defensive coordinators.

Welp......after making my thread about his defenses in Ny and saying I am not sold......................after reading this I can very confidently say that I would buy that for a dollar

All the good chats we have thru the weeks and it took the saints saying the same things I was saying all day for you to be open to the idea?? Lol. D@mn bro!!

Browns is a desolate place that's for sure. You're right about Reid though, forgot he did as well. I forget he didn't miss a season. I remember he had a bad year with his family and missed some games. However the similarities are there. Both Carroll and Belichick didn't fair too well their first go around as HC. It was only a year for Belichick's first HC tenure and Carroll had a year with the Jets and 2 with NE. Reid on the other hand had 13 years with the Eagles. On the Grand scale of thing, where Rex is in his HC career is closer to Belichick and Carroll than Reid.

Not by much...4 years and 6 years difference. But it's all semantics. Each side will make the "numbers" look how they want them to look.

There's only 4 examples that we're talking about here and knowing the history of that Browns team and Belicheck, he's not even a legitimate example.

Peyton Manning makes all his receivers look better than they would with most other QB's. Nobody and I mean NOBODY especially your boy McDaniel had any inclination Thomas would be the receiver he turned out to be coming outta that run 98% of the time Georgia Tech team. Any idiot that would draft Tim Tebow in any round better have God as GM cause that's the only way he will ever be a NFL starter.

Yard mean little

Yards allowed /gained are the single most over rated stat.

They allowed Kyle Orton and the bills to drop 40+ on them this year and Orton only had 240 or so yards but had 4 tds.... If I am a qb and you give me the option of a 240 yard game with 4 tds and a 350 yard game with 1 td... I ... like anyone else that is sane will take the 240 and 4 tds every week.

You might be able to say that about Carroll honing his skills but not about Belicheck.

Belicheck's dismissal was strictly circumstantial. Without the move and whatnot Belicheck probably would have brought a championship team to Cleveland and maybe never had been fired. It's one of the things Cleveland fans say they are cursed about.

Not only did BMore take over and win 2 championships but they also lost a HOF coach and coaching staff of whom went kn to win 3 championships.

I feel sorry for Cleveland fans but Belicheck didn't need any time off to hone his skills.

You do realize that the two years he was away from a HC position he was the protégé of Bill Parcells right? I mean... To say that getting tutored by one of the greatest head coaches of all time doesn't matter is crazy. He would not be as good as he is today without Parcells grooming.

But the difference is Rex had playoff success whereas bill and Pete didn't. Little different.