The Official Rex Ryan Thread - Please Keep Rex Related Posts In Here!

JT

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you want Rex Ryan to coach your team if you had a vacancy?

http://espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=4645618

All personal feelings aside, I did not expect these results.

me either, there are 35% of the people out there who would want a losing HC to come take over their team??? Way to set the standards bar at knee level.

I think he will. The ny media had a way of doing that. And also I think Matt Ryan is very attractive to him. He knows he'll have what he never had in NY. A real franchise qb. I know most point to his antics and his overall record but what I look at is he's won 4 playoff games. Beating the likes of Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, Carson Palmer and Phillip Rivers on the way to two afccg's. Had he had a better qb he'd be in a SB one of those years. In 7 years with much more offensive talent mike smith won 1 playoff game. 1-4. I'll take the man who has won 4 games in the second season.

Maybe. That is too much of a hypothetical for me, but i still wouldn't cry if he was a HC i just prefer him at the DC level.

Personality to whom?

Players absolutely love him.

I could care less that you don't like him or the media doesn't. Lol

Players absolutely loved Smitty too. That holds no weight.

There is no denying that he had a circus down there in New York. What is debatable is how much of it is because of the media. And I think its obvious that any owner of a franchise is going to care about the coach's personality. If Blank doesn't like his personality then he won't be here.

Personality to whom?

Players absolutely love him.

I could care less that you don't like him or the media doesn't. Lol

Problem is that people only stand that attitude when you're winning. If you're losing and still talking trash, there's an issue. Can't really go around beating your chest when you get beat. NY fans/pundits got tired of it after awhile.

me either, there are 35% of the people out there who would want a losing HC to come take over their team??? Way to set the standards bar at knee level.

No context.

Belicheck, Carroll, etc. There's probably more but thise are the most recent.

Losing in your 1st role doesn't mean it will continue in a different situation.

Interview with Rex:

Arthur: so, Rex, what will you bring to Atlanta that will make you a great hire for the Falcons?

Rex: well. Players love me. I will bring in some great Free Agents and make this team a winner!

Arthur: so, you helped with bringing the FA's to the Jets?

Rex: I did with the good ones. All the guys who were not very good was the GM's fault.

Arthur: so, what you are aaying is you can't develop players or they were good players and you couldn't get them to play well the last four years?

Rex: well, no. I mean, yes I can develop talent. The team didn't win because it was the GM's fault. Don't worry, if I come to Atlanta I can make your bad players play better than every other teams players.

Arthur: so did you have a losing season the last 2 years and get fired because you couldn't bring the free agents to New York to make the Jets better or because you couldn't develop the bad players?

Rex: you got any snacks?

No context.

Difference there is they took a step back before going back into a HC position. Last coach I remember going from HC to HC gig was Mangini and that ended badly.

Problem is that people only stand that attitude when you're winning. If you're losing and still talking trash, there's an issue. Can't really go around beating your chest when you get beat. NY fans/pundits got tired of it after awhile.

Well he didn't actually do this tho....

A quote I remember specifically is

"If we keep playing like this, then I deserve to get fired"

That's not beating your chest.

Maybe. That is too much of a hypothetical for me, but i still wouldn't cry if he was a HC i just prefer him at the DC level.

Players absolutely loved Smitty too. That holds no weight.

There is no denying that he had a circus down there in New York. What is debatable is how much of it is because of the media. And I think its obvious that any owner of a franchise is going to care about the coach's personality. If Blank doesn't like his personality then he won't be here.

I respect that. One thing tho players REALLY love Rex throughout the league. Only falcons players loved Smitty. Rex has been a star for a while in the league while smith skated under the radar.

Difference there is they took a step back before going back into a HC position. Last coach I remember going from HC to HC gig was Mangini and that ended badly.

Mangini went from the jets to the graveyard. Rex is going from the jets to a goldmine if hired. Different scenarios. Most coaches want a franchise qb in place. We have that. And you forgot about Andy Reid. He went straight from Philly to KC. Edited by TheFatboi

How does that equate tho? What can you pull out of that that says this is the reason why they didn't succeed?

Sometimes you need to take a step back in order to take two steps forward. The narrative around these parts is that Belicheck and Carroll failed the first time and then went on to be successful. Completely glazing over the fact that they took a lesser position to hone their craft before going to back to a HC position. They took the time to learn, absorb, and create, which is why they became successful. Rex can take this as a learning opportunity to become a better HC in the future. But as for right now, he is an incomplete HC. Not right for this team.

Hey Superman the only reason Tebow had his 15 mins of glory is due to the Steelers being blindsided because they couldn't believe he actually threw the ball in that game. Tebow is the worst QB in the history of the NFL even God couldn't help him complete a pass. Thomas was just blind luck he sure as he11 wasn't catching many passes at Georgia Tech. Now that I think about it your boy Tebow would have been the perfect QB at GT he would have never had to complete a pass there. The other players you mentioned are average at best nothing to boast about. Decker was just a result of having Manning at QB. Daniels sucks if he's got any sense he will stay at the only place he's had any success, New England and we all know that's because papa Belicheck is making all the calls there. Just say NO Blank to McDaniel. He11 I would take Mike Chitty over McDaniel.

No context.

If Rex is hired for a job in the 2015 there will be a major difference between him & the 2 you mentioned. None of them went from a losing situation immediately to a winning one, both stepped away and went back to coordinator positions before becoming a good HC. Rex if he goes from one HC position to another will be more like Mangini than Belicheck or Carroll.