Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JT

The Official Rex Ryan Thread - Please Keep Rex Related Posts In Here!

1,789 posts in this topic

You cant count on holding teams to fg's giving up a ton of yards and cant get off the field on 3rd. Eventually the dam is gonna burst. Especially in the playoffs. I had an argument with swift a few years back about I like teams that dont give up yards and it ties into their scoring defense. 3 of the total yardage defenses in the playoffs are also top 10 in scoring defense. Seahawks being #1 in both and the other yardage playoff teams right behind the top 10 in scoring. These are superbowl winning defenses. Not the ones that give up a ton of yardage and can't get off the field on 3rd. The year GB beat us and went on to win the SB they were #5 in total yards and #2 in scoring defense. Imagine our team with a defense that won't let you move the ball nor score? That's what Rex can bring with our offense. We'd be something like GB was that year.

That would be so much fun. Makes me smile just thinking about it.

Rex on had double digit wins one year. The last 4 years he has 8 wins 6 wins 4 win and 8 wins. And how is this an upgrade. You guys are all excited about a name. The aggressive Rex Ryan has been AWOL since 2010. Falcons about to make another HUGE mistake. GO to You Tube watch some press conferences. Read some comments from some of the Jets fans about him. Look what you are about to get into. Not good. See ALL the comments about he has no fire, no desire anymore. And these were comments from 2011 not 2014. These dude has been loafing for 3 years now. Everyone touting Rex needs to wake up and think. Use your brain and quit following the mob before you fall off the cliff.

ok lets get Tomlin....

Rex Ryan will be meeting with CBS executives tomorrow to discuss a possible TV role if he doesn't land a HC job, per source. #nyj

I don't like this much either. Kind of makes me think he's lost his love of the game, or at least the coaching aspect of it.

I don't like this much either. Kind of makes me think he's lost his love of the game, or at least the coaching aspect of it.

Or he could be using it as leverage

Could be. I hope it is anyway, i do enjoy watching his defenses.

He just wouldn't be interviewing with all these teams had he lost his love of coaching

Perhaps he lost his love for being a coordinator, but I think that's mainly due to the fact that he's an Alpha-Male. Dude's personality is tighter than Hope Solo's legs. That's why he only wants to be a head coach

Or he could be using it as leverage

I dont think its leverage at all. He knows Falcons is his only chance at a HC job. Falcons have numerous candidates they can choose from. He has 1 shot.

I dont think its leverage at all. He knows Falcons is his only chance at a HC job. Falcons have numerous candidates they can choose from. He has 1 shot.

Then why is he the hottest candidate on the market with interest and interviews from several teams?

The Falcons are NOT his only shot

There are multiple teams interested in Rex aside from Atlanta.

Then why is he the hottest candidate on the market with interest and interviews from several teams?

The Falcons are NOT his only shot

Ok maybe 2 shots now the bills are interested. If he was the "hottest" candidate, every single team that needs a HC would be interviewing him. The Bears have no interest. As far as I know, the raiders hasn't scheduled an interview. I think he is a smart guy and the CBS gig is a legit back up if he doesnt get hired anywhere.