Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JT

The Official Rex Ryan Thread - Please Keep Rex Related Posts In Here!

1,789 posts in this topic

They liked him before hiring Smith, he brings toughness, he has good experience against the great coaches, already has a good amount of offensive weapons in place, already has 3-4 personnel on the roster.............Rex already has his foot in the door. bahdumpsh

Chicago isn't a good fit for him. That's a complete rebuild and they're shackled to another crappy qb.

They liked him before hiring Smith, he brings toughness, he has good experience against the great coaches, already has a good amount of offensive weapons in place, already has 3-4 personnel on the roster.............Rex already has his foot in the door. bahdumpsh

You bring up a great point about him having great experience with great coaches. Plus he's never been scared of a fight with Big Bill. He welcomed it. I also like his energy on the sidelines. Players feed off of that like with Carroll and Tomlinson, an Payton.

I would be thrilled if he was the choice, but I want the FO to do their due diligence on all the other candidates. I think Austin may be a sleeping giant ....

You bring up a great point about him having great experience with great coaches. Plus he's never been scared of a fight with Big Bill. He welcomed it. I also like his energy on the sidelines. Players feed off of that like with Carroll and Tomlinson, an Payton.

Against Bill, nearly every game was a nail biter. If he had a decent QB, he may have been putting Bill to bed on a consistent basis. He has that QB here.

FilthyFalcon417 likes this

I get it. People like Rex. I don't. I think in the right context he could still be a good head coach. Only time will tell. I just can't see it in Atlanta. I think he is a great defensive mind, but I am not convinced he would win in Atlanta more than Mike Smith. It's all opinions at this point. You can't say I am wrong for not wanting Rex and I can't say you are wrong for wanting him. I just would NOT be excited about Rex in Atlanta!

Against Bill, nearly every game was a nail biter. If he had a decent QB, he may have been putting Bill to bed on a consistent basis. He has that QB here.

No doubt. And you could always see the emotion on his face and the tone in his voice how passionate he was about those games. I never saw Rex looking nervous on the sideline. Smitty? Not so much. Especially in big games.

I like Rex Ryan as Head Coach... Dan Quinn from Seahawks as DC and just to piss them off and also because he's a really good OC Pete Carmichael from the Saints... If you make either of them Assistant Head Coach it wouldn't be a lateral move but a promotion... I know this is a dream scenario and we could probably only land 2 of the 3 but it would be a hellva coaching staff. Would also suggest to Ryan about keeping Tice, Armstrong and Robiskie... Bring them home Blank...

Look at the teams they played to those 2 years, look at the division. The Jets had the same record the year before they hired Rex with Farve and Mangini. Mangini built that defense not Rex Ryan. Who has Rex brought into the league and coached up. Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez are linked to Rex on offense who's linked to him on defense. The Jets are 6th in stopping the run, 14th in stoping the pass but at Takeaways (31st) and Points allowed (28th) they are bottom of the barrel. People want to make excuses like "he was .500 twice so he only has two losing seasons, he's never had a QB, the GM sucks." Rex Ryan isn't a good choice, DC yes but HC no way. Not only does he know nothing of offense, he has admitted to not even watching the offense during games due to making defensive adjustments.

NCFalcon52 likes this

Look at the teams they played to those 2 years, look at the division. The Jets had the same record the year before they hired Rex with Farve and Mangini. Mangini built that defense not Rex Ryan. Who has Rex brought into the league and coached up. Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez are linked to Rex on offense who's linked to him on defense. The Jets are 6th in stopping the run, 14th in stoping the pass but at Takeaways (31st) and Points allowed (28th) they are bottom of the barrel. People want to make excuses like "he was .500 twice so he only has two losing seasons, he's never had a QB, the GM sucks." Rex Ryan isn't a good choice, DC yes but HC no way. Not only does he know nothing of offense, he has admitted to not even watching the offense during games due to making defensive adjustments.

Rex has brought in and coached up Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson and a boatload of others

Rex Ryan is not a complete HC. Great on defense, terrible every place else. With the exception of a few positions this team needs rebuilding on offense and defense, but more importantly a coaching staff that can progress players to the next level.

Mike smith and Dimitrof also took over what McKay and Mora built. Harbaugh took over what Nolan and Singletary built. Happens with every new HC. They drafted a qb just like Rex. Took those teams to the playoffs just like Rex. The difference was we lost a lot of our talent AFTER Rex did. He started lossing talent in 2011. We lost ours in 2013. He had 4 years with lesser talent and we had 2. He still went 8-8 with no offensive talent twice AND beat us. As for turnovers that doesn't bother me so much. His defense still kept his offense in the game. Had that been our offense with that defense we'd come out on top. And if you have a top OC in the booth in ok with him making defensive adjustments. H3ll koetter coukd handle things while he's making sure the defense gets right. And also it's a fact he's only had 2 losing seasons. Same as mike smith but with lesser talent.

Rex has brought in and coached up Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson and a boatload of others

I agree with Sheldon but I think everyone knew he was going to be a good player. He'll probably be the only defensive player selected by Rex to make a Pro-Bowl. Wilkerson had a good year last year but was slowed by injury this year. I'm not sold on him but Jets should lock him up in case he returns to 2013 form.

Give Rex a GM that will work with him and he'd take that final step. The step that is still yet to be seen by many of the other candidates.

The biggest fear from many fans is a complete rebuild and another waiting game. The answer to that is Rex. Turn the cluster#### that Smith and Nolan left on the defense and finish it off with more 3-4 personnel and off we go. Enough of this 4-3 soft zone BS. I think Blank is tired of it, too.

Some Ppl are shallow. They don't look at a bigger picture. They are only moved by nunbers or stats. They keep saying he had 4 losing seasons when he only had 2. A .500 season is not a losing season.

I don't even think it's numbers. The people bringing up his record are also the people that will call him a clown show in the next sentence.

I don't even think it's numbers. The people bringing up his record are also the people that will call him a clown show in the next sentence.

That's true.

That's true.

Has a player ever complained about Rex? That's all I care about with these clown show comments. Idc what the public thinks of him.

If his team loves his stye that's enough for me.

Has a player ever complained about Rex? That's all I care about with these clown show comments. Idc what the public thinks of him.

If his team loves his stye that's enough for me.

Me either. I think he's perfect for what we have in place.

Anybody seen the jets forum. Their fans truly miss rex and seem to really like him. They also think he will be a good fit in ATL

A lot different than how our fans talk and feel about Smitty.

Anybody seen the jets forum. Their fans truly miss rex and seem to really like him. They also think he will be a good fit in ATL

They like him as a person not as a coach. Been looking at their message boards too. This one comment stands out to me as a big red flag.. "I love Rex as well but its time for a change...enough with a clueless offense...burning timeouts...stupid 12 men penalties...loyalty and stubbornness to a fault a defense that can't buy a turnover...3rd and long conversions...inept red zone play etc etc"... This hits way to close to home when I think of how Smith ran this team.

dirtybirds808 likes this

Who wouldn't want to watch him square off against his brother twice a year in an already deep rivalry matchup?

• Perfect fit
  • Tough
  • Holds his own versus the top coaches
  • Gets everything out of his players
  • Primetime