Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

capologist

New Falcons Coaching Staff (Will Update With Hires)

325 posts in this topic

I think that's the 2 finalists. They're both in stable organizations so they're not in a hurry to find a job like Rex was (they could always return to their previous job).

I think that's the 2 finalists. They're both in stable organizations so they're not in a hurry to find a job like Rex was (they could always return to their previous job).

If so, it means that Rex "probably" would have been the third.

think we are still waiting for Quinn as well. Maybe we just replaced Rex with Austin to have 3 finalists or at least 2 interviews this week.

He was one of the finalists I'm sure, but he wanted an invite back for a 2nd interview before we were done with our 1st round. I can see both sides of the argument, Rex didn't want to risk being unemployed and the Falcons didn't want to rush into it.

hjerry likes this

think we are still waiting for Quinn as well. Maybe we just replaced Rex with Austin to have 3 finalists or at least 2 interviews this week.

We'll see. You'd be talking about waiting another 4 days to do Quinn's 2nd interview, if that was the case. They'd have to know that he was their guy, if they were willing to wait that long.

I wouldn't be surprised if they contacted John Fox after he left Denver today. Met him 2 years ago and he's a down to earth guy, but he makes some dumb calls like Smitty did

I wouldn't be surprised if they contacted John Fox after he left Denver today. Met him 2 years ago and he's a down to earth guy, but he makes some dumb calls like Smitty did

John Fox is Smitty. Conservative, play not to lose.

You nailed it

Dumb calls...like Smitty

No thank you

I think if Rex would have held out a few more days he would have had the job.

I doubt Rex was the first choice. If we wanted him we would have made some calls when we heard Buffalo was scheduling a second interview.

I hope we keep him in town, the more I read about the guy the more I'm sure he is the best choice.

I doubt that we just hire him. We'll probably still interview Austin, and make our decision then.

I think you don't let him leave if you think he's your guy

I think you don't let him leave if you think he's your guy

Was just about to say the exact same thing. I've been lobbying for Bowles since day one. I hope he's the guy for us and if Blank feels the same, he doesn't let Bowles leave ATL without an agreement to be the next HC.

I really hope we give this man a serious look as DC no matter who is HC if we run a 3-4

I'm told word in coaching circles is 49ers DC Vic Fangio now wants out of SF unless he gets HC job... or Mike Shanahan does.

A lot of quality coordinators becoming available this offseason, that no one really expected to be. Fangio is also very well respected among his players, and would just about guarantee any cuts to follow him here, especially since they were lobbying to make him HC.

A lot of quality coordinators becoming available this offseason, that no one really expected to be. Fangio is also very well respected among his players, and would just about guarantee any cuts to follow him here, especially since they were lobbying to make him HC.

one of my 49ers buddies is throwing a fit this morning. He really wanted them to keep Fangio as HC.

one of my 49ers buddies is throwing a fit this morning. He really wanted them to keep Fangio as HC.

If Fangio leaves, there could be a fire sale in SanFran, with a lot of players looking for a way out.

So that means that Austin would need to wait 4 days, for to have a shot at him, if Quinn said no...

Yep and I don't think that's an issue at all. Chicago and Fox is probably going to happen. Adam Gase seems like the choice in San Fran. The game of musical chairs has tilted remarkably in our favor...

So that means that Austin would need to wait 4 days, for to have a shot at him, if Quinn said no...

unless we go full falcons and make a panic hire rolleyes.gif

unless we go full falcons and make a panic hire

Here's the thing though. You call it a panic hire, but what if Austin was to get hired elsewhere, and then Quinn chose somewhere else once he was available? I want us to follow the process and make the right choice possibly more than anyone here, but, if you do this, then you have to know pretty much that he's your guy. Either that, or you have to be pretty **** sure that Austin won't get hired elsewhere.