Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

capologist

New Falcons Coaching Staff (Will Update With Hires)

325 posts in this topic

Here's the thing though. You call it a panic hire, but what if Austin was to get hired elsewhere, and then Quinn chose somewhere else once he was available? I want us to follow the process and make the right choice possibly more than anyone here, but, if you do this, then you have to know pretty much that he's your guy. Either that, or you have to be pretty **** sure that Austin won't get hired elsewhere.

Well, theres 5 jobs left. The biggest threat for Austin seems to be Chicago, but they are eyeing Fox. Raiders might go Del Rio, 49ers seem to want an offensive minded coach. **** knows what Denver wants, but we have the upper leg on Quinn unless we royally **** up against them. If we hire a coach before the Seahawks game this weekend and the supposed Quin interview on Monday, it is 100% a panic hire at this point.

Quinn is my 1A and Bowles was 1B.

Austin is 2.

I want Quinn; would be alright with Austin. After that... not so much. Unless there is a candidate we don't know.

So if I understand correctly, since we already had first Quinn interview then we can do a second interview next week, EVEN IF the Seahawks win and are going to the SB in two weeks. We can't "hire Quinn" officially until after the SB in that scenario but we can have it agreed upon with him?

*Per league rules only 2nd interviews are allowed during the Super Bowl bye week that starts on Monday, January 19. Only teams who have interviewed candidates like Quinn, Austin, and McDaniels, if their respective current teams proceed to the SB, are permitted to interview them a 2nd time during the SB bye week. Meaning Denver will have to wait until after the SB to conduct even a first interview with any of these coaches.

Quinn is my 1A and Bowles was 1B.

Austin is 2.

I want Quinn; would be alright with Austin. After that... not so much. Unless there is a candidate we don't know.

So if I understand correctly, since we already had first Quinn interview then we can do a second interview next week, EVEN IF the Seahawks win and are going to the SB in two weeks. We can't "hire Quinn" officially until after the SB in that scenario but we can have it agreed upon with him?

*Per league rules only 2nd interviews are allowed during the Super Bowl bye week that starts on Monday, January 19. Only teams who have interviewed candidates like Quinn, Austin, and McDaniels, if their respective current teams proceed to the SB, are permitted to interview them a 2nd time during the SB bye week. Meaning Denver will have to wait until after the SB to conduct even a first interview with any of these coaches.

That's correct and if the tweet I posted is correct, Quinn will be in on Monday...

So San Fran is apparently going in-house with DL Coach Tomasulo. Interesting to say the least... apparently Baalke REALLY despises anyone that will sass him even a little bit.

Del Rio is in Oakland.

Chan Gailey as OG with Bowles/JETS. Wheeeeewwww... good gawd man!!! Gailey???!!!! emot-doh.gif

No wonder we didn't want to offer him the job as HC!!

the coordinators whose teams have a 1st round bye can interview immediately after regular season is over. The ones who play the first round of playoffs cannot.

Plus, If you have already interviewed with a team you are free to do a 2nd one before you are eliminated. during the bye week

I read something about atlanta trying to get dan quinn as head coach adam gase as offensive coordinator and teryl austin as defensive coordinator!!!

I read something about atlanta trying to get dan quinn as head coach adam gase as offensive coordinator and teryl austin as defensive coordinator!!!

The Lions would have to let Austin out of his contract, which won't happen.

mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

The Lions would have to let Austin out of his contract, which won't happen.

Unless we traded a draft pick for him, which I highly doubt would happen.