Article That Says A Lot About Why Quinn Is The Right Choice

Pa_Falcon_Fan

Quinn is my number 1 choice. I think he would put us back on the right track. We would have an attacking defense like that in Seattle. We would use Freeman or another RB as our main RB and switch back to the offense we had while Mularkey was here. Ground and Pound baby.

I personally think he'd just balance out the run to pass ratio

Coaching Accomplishments

• Has 18 years of coaching experience, including 10 seasons in the NFL and eight as an NFL defensive line coach.
  • In 2011, led a Gator defense that ranked eighth nationally in total defense (299.5 yards per game), seventh in passing defense (166.8 yards per game) and second in third-down defense (27.12 percent).
  • Prior to his first season in Gainesville, Quinn spent the 2009 and 2010 seasons with the Seattle Seahawks as defensive line coach and has spent eight NFL seasons as a defensive line coach, including stints with the New York Jets (2007-08), Miami Dolphins (2005-06) and San Francisco 49ers (2003-04). He began his NFL career as a defensive quality control coach for the 49ers from 2001-02 before being promoted to defensive line coach.
  • Helped four different players reach double-digits in sacks in a single season.
  • Seven of his 10 seasons in the NFL saw opponents average less than one rushing touchdown per game, including three seasons of 10 or less total.
  • In 2010, the Seattle Seahawks finished third in the NFC in red zone touchdown defense, allowing just 46.2 percent.
  • Coached Chris Clemons to a career-high 11 sacks in 2010 in Clemons’ first season as a full-time starter, including four multi-sack games, while Raheem Brock tallied nine sacks.
  • Helped the Seahawks to the 2010 NFC West crown and knocked off the defending Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints in the opening round of the playoffs.
  • Quinn’s 2008 Jets defense ranked fifth in the NFL in yards per carry (3.7), seventh in sacks (41) and ninth in rushing yards per game (94.9). The Jets were also sixth in the AFC in yards per play (5.2) and third-down efficiency (.386).
  • The 2006 Dolphins totaled 47 sacks, third in the NFL. That season, Jason Taylor finished fourth in the NFL with 13.5 sacks under Quinn’s guidance.
  • Quinn’s 2006 Miami team also ranked third in the NFL in yards per play (4.6), fourth in total defense (289.1) and fifth in rushing yards per attempt (3.5).
  • In 2005, Quinn helped the Dolphins rank first in the AFC and second in the NFL with 49 sacks. Miami also finished third in the AFC in yards per play (4.7) and fourth in yards per carry (3.7).
  • The 49ers ranked fifth in the NFC in 2004 with 4.0 yards per carry allowed.
  • As a defensive assistant with San Francisco in 2002, linebacker Andre Carter tied for fourth in the NFL with 12.5 sacks.

After reading these accomplishments, Quinn went from being my third choice to first lol. Nice insight

Are you people nucking Futs?

Quinn does not have chit for experience.

But Ohhh he is flexible and creative,,,, yeah on somebody else's fkng dime.

Once you step into the the World of HC,, all that chit flies out the damm window.

The only creativity is how fast and how hard you can fk up the opponent.

WTF People get a dam grip on reality!

HC is way too soon for this guy.. he will Fold like a pair of deuces in Texas Holdem.

How is making the Seahawks defense number 1 two years in a row not experience?

The defense led the league in points allowed (231), yards allowed (4,378) and takeaways (39), the first team to lead all three categories since the 1985 Chicago Bears.%5B4%5D

How is that not experience? Or leading FLA to be a top 10 defense in the NCAA in just one years time? or turning them into an 11-2 team when they went 7-6 the year prior and 4-8 the year he left.

How are you gonna endorse Bowles then knock Quinn for lack of experience. CMON SON. Your opinion is Voided.

Once you step into the the World of HC,, all that chit flies out the damm window.

HC is way too soon for this guy.. he will Fold like a pair of deuces in Texas Holdem.

Ummm 18 years is more than enough experience. What in the world are you basing this wild opinion off of?

So far I am on the Bowles or Quinn train. We do not need the circus that is Rex. I feel the other two guys would be about the players and the team, not about themselves!

I agree with you, but I will not attack Rex, because he is still a defensive genius, BUT people love to forget that they went 2-14. The offense has been a problem for years and he never fixed it as an HC. people always want to absolve him of any blame, because they get mesmerized by his defenses. He would be coming here as a DC, but as a HC, so Offense matters.

I also agree with the point about being about the players and the team. Also both those guys inspire to play better than they are. Those guys are about sum of the parts being larger than the individual pieces.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/08/06/dan-quinn-seattle-seahawks/

Blank said in the presser about firing Smitty that we need someone who is 'willing to develop talent", be flexible and have creativity. These are strengths of Quinn's.

Quotes from the article:

“He’s not married to a scheme; he wants you to grow,” Bennett says of Quinn. “He changes with the players.”

“One of things I’ve learned from Coach [Pete] Carroll is how to use our featured players,” Quinn says. “There’s a tendency to say, oh, he doesn’t fit the system. Coach Carroll is more like, what does he have that’s special?”

“All of those guys are so unique,” Quinn says. “You ask yourself, how can we feature them?”

“He’s a master in the film room.”

“It’s about being developmental,” Quinn says. “How much can you find out about this player? And what can you draw out of him? It takes a lot of time and effort. "

Good post, Now here's a good idea. Maybe... One of few I'd be interested in..

He was apart of loading up that defense. He built the defense in Florida to a top 10 defense in 1 year. The team went 11-2 with his defense and 4-8 the year he left. He took a good defense in seattle and made them Premier by getting guys like Avril and Bennett. The dude had a help in building that defense and made them what they are today.

Quinn is not like Bowles, who has only had one year of being a Coord and gained an already good defense.

1. Do you mean Florida in the SEC that's pretty much loaded with talent regardless? Doesn't help convince me.

2. Seattle was more than a good defense before he took over.

3. I'm not a fan of Bowles either.

Another thing that worries me about Quinn is that Seattles is Pete Carrolls system and its his defense.

Quinn isn't the guy that developed the secondary and he's obviously not going to have anything close to the level of talent here he had there.

Shut up Fester. The posters who aren't insane are talking now.