Whoever Is The Coach, We Have To Ditch "pass First"

On some days this season I would look at our offense and think we were fine. I'd think "we can beat anyone with this offense if we just had a defense." Other days , like last Sunday, not so much. We have to have a running game. I don't know where Smith Koetter and co. got the idea that we didn't but they were dead wrong. The only way to open up the passing game and keep defenses from pinning their ears back and coming after Matt on every down is to have the legitimate threat of a running game. It's basic football and whether the league has gotten pass happy or not, you have to be able to run the ball.

Got it

Quizz up the middle

That is what I have been crying, Koetter did not run the ball as much because of personnel, not because he did not WANT to run the ball .If he had Demarco and the Cowboys O line, not losing 5 O line starters and fronting a washout as a " premiere " back, well, things may have been different....

I want an offense that attacks a teams weaknesses whether that's run or pass first. That's why I am open to McDaniels if he's changed from his obnoxious stint in Denver.

It doesn't have to be one or the other. I want an offense that isn't stuck in a philosophy, except to aggressively expose the other teams weaknesses.

We definitely need to run the ball much more, but how do we do that? Smitty always loved to run the ball, but the last 2 years it just didn't work and when you get way behind you have to start throwing it more. I don't remember ever seeing so many running plays that just get stuffed immediately. It actually started a few years ago.

No running back could get yards consistently with our OLine/scheme and I don't really get why. You would think with really good WR's we should be able keep the defense honest and run it, but it almost never worked. Why can't we set up the run by passing it? It doesn't work for us at all.

Can somebody honestly tell me why? Is it scheme, OLine, or are we giving clues to the defense? If it's the line then do we fire everyone and start over because none of them can run block? Honestly how do we fix it? I'm sure a better RB will help, but it won't solve it.

Guest facelessman07

Because it always works so well.

If at first you don't succeed. Try, try, and try again

Edited by facelessman07

So.. 1 playoff year as a passing offense compared to how many previous seasons as a run based offense?

I was simply responding to you saying we were more successful as a run first team, that's not necessarily true. We've been equally successful as a passing attack.

Just because we've done something way more and produced the same results doesn't make it better.

I was simply responding to you saying we were more successful as a run first team, that's not necessarily true. We've been equally successful as a passing attack.

Just because we've done something way more and produced the same results doesn't make it better.

Incorrect. 3 years as a passing team. Only 1 successful season. Obvious point is obvious

Incorrect. 3 years as a passing team. Only 1 successful season. Obvious point is obvious

Because it had nothing to do with the defense huh?

You know being ranked 32nd (last) this year and 28th (4th from last) last season.

The offense, ranked 8th and 14th are the obvious problem.

GTFO of here with that crap.

Because it had nothing to do with the defense huh?

You know being ranked 32nd (last) this year and 28th (4th from last) last season.

The offense, ranked 8th and 14th are the obvious problem.

GTFO of here with that crap.

This defense hasn't been very good in years. So you gtfo with your excuses. Power run with play action > pass happy