Offseason Mock 1.0

PriMeTiiMe

Hire Rex Ryan as HC, Dennis Thurman as DC. Dirk Koetter is retained as the OC.

Release/Don’t Re-Sign:

1. Kroy Biermann [OLB]
  2. Jonathan Babineaux [DE]
  3. Justin Blalock [LG]
  4. Osi Umenyiora [DE]
  5. Steven Jackson [RB]
  6. Sean Weatherspoon [OLB]

Justin Blalock is not horrible but for his salary amount we can find much better in FA. All the other ones are kind of ‘expected’. After all cuts we should have $25-30 Million in space to work with.

Sign in FA:

1. Patrick Willis [iLB] – 2-3 Year Deal for around $5m/Season
  2. Jason Worilds [OLB] – 4-6 year Deal for around $7m/Season
  3. Orlando Franklin [OG] – 3-5 Year Deal for $4-6m/Season
  4. Lance Kendricks [TE] – 2-4 Year Deal for $2m/Season

Patrick Willis is based off the assumption the 49ers will release him with Navarro Bowman coming back from injury and Chris Borlands rise during his rookie season into a very good ILB. Our biggest weakness is our LB core and thus this will be a huge focus point in the offseason in both FA and in the draft. We also get a stud pass rusher in Jason Worilds who continues to get better each season. We bring in a vet lineman that has proven they can be placed into the starting lineup immediately and produce in replacement of Justin Blalock. We get a TE that has some receiving ability and potential so that way we never have to see Toilolo starting again.

Draft:

Trade Back from #8 into the #15 range. Add a 2nd and 4th. Trade a 5th and 6th to move up from a 4th back into the 3rd.

1. Vic Beasley [OLB]

2. Denzel Perryman [iLB]

2. Marcus Peters [CB]

3. Hau'Oli Kikaha [OLB]

3. Jay Ajayi [RB]

4. Carl Davis [NT]

7. BPA

What do you notice? All Defense aside from 1 Pick. Beasley is an absolute stud Pass rusher and Kikaha may not be flashy but he is the most consistent pass rusher in football this season with a sack in EVERY game (Only player to do so in D1 this year). Perryman might be my favorite prospect in this draft. He hits with a mean streak and paired up with Patrick Willis would give us an awesome inside tandem. We also take a chance on Fellow Washington CB Marcus Peters. He would have the chance to pair up starting with Desmond Trufant or be our slot CB if Robert Alford steps it up next season. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jay Ajayi. My only worry is he does not fall to the 3rd round. He is a do it all RB. Carl Davis is your prototype fat boy NT that will clog the middle. Basically a younger version of Paul Solali.

Starting Offense/Defense:

[QB] Matt Ryan

[RB] Jay Ajayi / Devonta Freeman

[FB] Patrick DiMarco

[WR] Julio Jones

[WR] Roddy White

[TE] Lance Kendricks

[LT] Jake Matthews

[LG] Orlando Franklin

[C] Joe Hawley

[RG] Jon Asamoah

[RT] Ryan Shraeder

---------------------------------------------------------

[DE] Ra’Shed Hageman

[NT] Paul Soliai

[DE] Tyson Jackson

[OLB] Jason Worilds

[iLB] Patrick Willis

[iLB] Denzel Perryman / Paul Worrilow

[OLB] Vic Beasley / Hau'Oli Kikaha

[CB] Desmond Trufant

[CB] Marcus Peters / Robert Alford

[FS] Dwight Lowery

[sS] William Moore / Kehmal Ishmael

The one thing I am sure a lot of people will point out is that we did not upgrade at RT. Schraeder played terrible against the Panthers no denying that. But he had 5 very good games before that. He showed that he can play in this league and thus we give him a chance in 2015.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

Ahhhh still don't believe Spoon will be resigned ey? Don't forget about our bet. I am 2-0 in username bets and fully intend on being 3-0 :)

Anywho, i would love to come away with Beasley, Perryman, and Peters. And as usual, I am down for trading back in the first and then trading up in a later round.

I like Willis but i have reservations because of his age and with age comes more injuries, look at Roddy/Sjax for example who were iron men before they got older.

And as personal preference i would rather have Huges than Worilds.

This is why you don't make these posts when you drink. LOL. Simple spelling errors. Shame that is all you guys could input though. Nothing new from "King" Jigsaw. laugh.png

I don't care about the spelling error, you lost me when you suggested we should keep Koetter.

I don't care about the spelling error, you lost me when you suggested we should keep Koetter.

Ehh. Aside from Trestman not really a fan of any of the OC candidates out there. I am not the biggest fan of Koetter myself but our offense has not been the problem these past few years.

Ehh. Aside from Trestman not really a fan of any of the OC candidates out there. I am not the biggest fan of Koetter myself but our offense has not been the problem these past few years.

Our offense has the personnel to be top 5. Koetter doesn't run when he should, calls awful route combinations given what OL issues we have, and just overall the only thing he's been good for is designing gimmicky plays like fake screens and inside shuttle passes that only go so far.

Our offense has the personnel to be top 5. Koetter doesn't run when he should, calls awful route combinations given what OL issues we have, and just overall the only thing he's been good for is designing gimmicky plays like fake screens and inside shuttle passes that only go so far.

We had a good QB. And a good WR core. (Which was also banged up in 2013)

Our O-Line has been through more lineup changes in the past 2 seasons than any other team in the league and our Running game is non existent.

Not sure I'd agree we had the offense to be a top 5 squad these past 2 seasons. Maybe if healthy it would be possible, But with what we have had to endure in 2013-2014 it's hard to fault our offensive rankings.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe