Argument For Stanford's David Shaw

rollo lawson

I don't think he'd take the job, but he's my first choice. For those people that complain Stanford is down a bit this year, you do realize Stanford players actually are required to go to class, do their own work and have high GPA's, so they tend to be at a disadvantage.

He's one heck of a coach.

Any winning season at Stanford is impressive.

As a LB coach? Sure...

But they're 7-5 so people should knock it off with the HC it would be a regress

You sound like Red McCombs with his assessment of Charlie Strong as the Texas head coach. What makes you think Shaw is a **** LB coach? I'd take him over the boy wonders Gase and McDaniels. Edited by rollo lawson

I don't think he'd take the job, but he's my first choice. For those people that complain Stanford is down a bit this year, you do realize Stanford players actually are required to go to class, do their own work and have high GPA's, so they tend to be at a disadvantage.

He's one heck of a coach.

Any winning season at Stanford is impressive.

Can you prove that Stanford actually requires these things or are they just assumptions based on the school's academic reputation?

Anecdotally, Chase Thomas went to my high school, and when he received a scholarship to play for Stanford, the local paper reported that he had scored a 1560 on the SAT. That is incredibly impressive... Until it was later revised to include that the 1560 was out of 2400 not 1600. My point is that not all players at Stanford are exactly geniuses, so it could be a false assumption to think that a standard of academic excellence applies to the athletes like it does to the rest of the student body.

Yeah, with Harbaugh's recruits.

And I meant going to go back to being Stanford. This year was the beginning with 5 losses. They'll continue to fall off.

Thats right ^^^ and I don think he's a lb coach that was making a pun at the sacks stats ...

close losses in college against winning programs isn't exactly a notch in the belt, we already do close losses in the pros, that is not an upgrade to any sane person

Thats right ^^^ and I don think he's a lb coach that was making a pun at the sacks stats ...

close losses in college against winning programs isn't exactly a notch in the belt, we already do close losses in the pros, that is not an upgrade to any sane person

I didn't know you had to go damnn near undefeated to be a candidate for the Falcons head coaching job. What was Rex Ryan's record again?

And isn't it kinda irrelevant the notion that he won with Harbaugh's recruits. What does that have to do with being successful as an NFL head coach. Will he have to recruit players in the NFL? I know it sounded good, but it makes no sense. Please explain.

Edited by rollo lawson

We'll just say he's not a world beater by any means in the ncaa bottom line,not transcendent, many think he's overrated, again this isn't a reset for us, it is a reload to go to the NEXT LEVEL, if he got an interview by us id be shocked, not to say he wont make it in the NFL, but we have a much better and more proven crop to chose from, this isn't 2008.

Edited by TheeTKOBeatz

We'll just say he's not a world beater by any means in the ncaa bottom line,not transcendent, many think he's overrated, again this isn't a reset for us, it is a reload to go to the NEXT LEVEL, if he got an interview by us id be shocked, not to say he wont make it in the NFL, but we have a much better and more proven crop to chose from, this isn't 2008.

who are the many who think he's overrated?

So McDaniels and Gase are more proven then Shaw?