Quick Input On Rex From A Native New Yorker

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a fellow New Yorker, your post laid out perfectly why Rex sucks as an HC. He had the best team in the league his first two years, more talent on that roster than the Hawks last year. Literally the only position you could say was bad was QB. He couldn't get a championship with a team five times as good as any team the falcons have ever had, **** a better team than most franchises have ever had.

Once all those amazing players started leaving, so did the wins. We don't need a coach that can do well with a perfect team, and sucks otherwise, we need a coach that can get the best out of each and every player, regardless if we have the best roster in the league or not, and win with it.

As a fellow New Yorker, your post laid out perfectly why Rex sucks as an HC. He had the best team in the league his first two years, more talent on that roster than the Hawks last year. Literally the only position you could say was bad was QB. He couldn't get a championship with a team five times as good as any team the falcons have ever had, **** a better team than most franchises have ever had.

Once all those amazing players started leaving, so did the wins. We don't need a coach that can do well with a perfect team, and sucks otherwise, we need a coach that can get the best out of each and every player, regardless if we have the best roster in the league or not, and win with it.

This man talks the truth.

I've seen enough of Rex as a head coach. Safe to say, he ain't the next Harbaugh.

Edited by David Deas

Firstly its well known that Rex and the new GM didnt see eye to eye on the draft. However assuming he did have a major input in the previous gms selections when you look at who he has taken in the first I'm pretty happy overall. I want my GM to select BPA when drafting - no issue if that's offence or defence

There were 4 big hits in the Rex Ryan era during the draft. FOUR! Wilkerson, Richardson, Slauson and Davis. Other good picks: Aboushi, Kerley. Decent picks: Powell, Coples, Sanchez, Greene. UDFA studs: Harrison. The only position sexy rexy drafted/scouted well was DL.

Busts

Wilson (1), Ducasse (2), Hill (2), McKnight (4), Ellis (3)

Likely Busts/Signs pointing to Bustville/Misused

Coples (1), Pryor (1), McDougle (3), Milliner (1), Saunders (4, they cut him!), Evans (4), Geno (2), Winters (3)

One problem. That team was NOT 5 times as good as the falcons because of one position. The qb. What he did do was beat manning, Brady, Palmer, and rivers. Had he had Matt Ryan he'd be a 2 time SB champion.

One problem. That team was NOT 5 times as good as the falcons because of one position. The qb. What he did do was beat manning, Brady, Palmer, and rivers. Had he had Matt Ryan he'd be a 2 time SB champion.

He could have lined up behind center himself and that team would still have been the best this league has seen in a long time mate.

He'll kill Ryan, make no mistake. He doesn't know what to do with an offense, yet refuses to let it go. Ryan will be looking like Sanchez in no time (Hyperbole, but probably not as extremely as we'd hope).

There's no question that he is the right coach for this franchize right now. We have the QB , Wr, Oline, and special teams coach to make a run at the lombardi. All that's holding us back is a competent defense, and a running game.

If we didn't have matt ryan, I wouldn't have been so adamant about rex, but we do, and getting an o.c is going to make this a steve bartkowski situation all over again, and we will be wasting his prime years of his career.

Don't f this up again TD, and Blank.

Edited by osiruz

He could have lined up behind center himself and that team would still have been the best this league has seen in a long time mate.

He'll kill Ryan, make no mistake. He doesn't know what to do with an offense, yet refuses to let it go. Ryan will be looking like Sanchez in no time (Hyperbole, but probably not as extremely as we'd hope).

I don't buy any of that. His problem was they lost all that offensive talent. Besides that the OC has a job to do. Let him do his job. Rex is smart enough to know not to tamper with Matt Ryan and what he likes to do. No huddle. What he will do is revamp the running game. All that other stuff is bullshittin!t. I watch football with my own eyes. I saw that team because depleted of offensive weapons and then Rex being force fed players he didn't want. Kinda like how Nolan was forcing square pegs into circles. I like him. He instills toughness and attitude and players love him and will run thru a wall for him. That's what this team needs right about now.

I don't buy any of that. His problem was they lost all that offensive talent. Besides that the OC has a job to do. Let him do his job. Rex is smart enough to know not to tamper with Matt Ryan and what he likes to do. No huddle. What he will do is revamp the running game. All that other stuff is bullshittin!t. I watch football with my own eyes. I saw that team because depleted of offensive weapons and then Rex being force fed players he didn't want. Kinda like how Nolan was forcing square pegs into circles. I like him. He instills toughness and attitude and players love him and will run thru a wall for him. That's what this team needs right about now.

Why do you think Rex was forced into these players? You don't think Rex was asking his GM to draft defensive player after defensive player in the 1'st? Because he was. Rex loves defense, he's obsessed with it, which is all fine and dandy but he can't pass up good defensive talent and the Jets offense has degraded yearly because of it.

And you give Rex far too much credit if you think he's too smart for anything when it comes to the offense. You probably know more about running an offense than Rex does.

I think we all need to be honest about this offense and realize it isn't worth a **** yet. They face a team with an aggressive front, and they fold and INTERCEPTION for a touchdown!

No kidding, our offense lost us the carolina game... didn't matter how good the D was our offense scored more points for the panthers than they did for us. Rex won't be helping that any.

Yea right,

Jim leonard, and cromartie owe rex ryan for sparking their careers once again, he also kept 70 year old bart scott, and calvin pace relevant, and turned darrin walls into a very good corner.

Then how come he couldn't turn Kyle Wilson and Dee Milner into good corners? If you are going to give him credit for "turning Darrin Walls into a a very good corner" then you must discredit him for Wilson and Milner.

You clearly don't watch the jets. They almoat always have good olines, and run game. Thats exactly what we are missing. Also our qb isn't a dunce, and can throw the ball effectively.

Because he fixed those things for the jets? In what world did this happen?

You clearly don't watch the jets. They almost always have good olines, and run game. Thats exactly what we are missing. Also our qb isn't a dunce, and can throw the ball effectively. Edited by osiruz

Then how come he couldn't turn Kyle Wilson and Dee Milner into good corners? If you are going to give him credit for "turning Darrin Walls into a a very good corner" then you must discredit him for Wilson and Milner.

Not everyone is meant to be a probowler. If rex can't turn these guys to something, no one else probably can.

Not everyone is meant to be a probowler. If rex can't turn these guys to something, no one else probably can.

Well those are two first round CB's that he was instrumental in drafting i'm sure yet they have played pretty awful. Milner was benched FOR Walls. So if he gets all the credit for turning Walls into a very good corner, then he gets even more blame for Milner and Wilson being bad.

Its all relevant.