Since 2014 Is Over For Rival Central. How Do You Feel About Your Team Going Into 2015

SyCo

I'm uneasy about the Falcons I'll be honest. Leading up to the panther game I thought our pieces were strong. I was confident our oline was trending up. Now I'm not so sure

Schraeder, who had been one of the best tackles in the league was demolished against carolina. The panthers wanted it more and played a better game but wow what a surprising performance from a guy who's been rock solid with every start.

Tackle guard and center are three positions that will need to be looked at heavily. On defense the holes are so plenty they are nearly connecting creating a bottomless pit.

We need a starting caliber ILB if not two. Worrilow is a phenom but he's not picking it up fast enough. Shembo and bartu are back ups. Our safetys are pathetic. Noone kid yourself with the lowery is solid garbage. He's not good enough.

The right scheme could do wonders. But who knows who we'll end up with. I feel like we're closer to a 3 4 defense than a 4 3. But I'm not a football coach. What do I know. Except I know we're miles away from being a successful 4 2 5.

If we heavily pursue pass rushers a safety and some competition on oline we've got a chance. Right now I'm thinking 8 wins

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always felt better about 2015 than I ever did 2014, even before 2014 got started.

2014 was a clear transition year for us going in. Winning the division, drinking Falcon tears, and hosting a playoff game is just a cherry on top of this sh*tty year.

I probably feel even better about 2015 now. A bunch of young solid players trending up, holes are starting to be filled, and dead money is coming off the books.

Edited by Big Play Bene

Pretty good. Gettleman has done a great job finding diamonds in the rough like Norwell, Remmers, Philly, Glanton, etc. and especially in the draft in KB, Bene, Ealy, Turner and Boston.

I think giving Cam, Luke and Star big contracts down the road is gonna hurt but I'm hoping Gettleman will work that out well.

I like where our future is going.

I'm still hoping we draft a good LT in the draft along with a SS and speedy WR to compliment KB.

We should be getting out of cap **** in a few years.

Need to cut Dwill in the offseason

I think 2015 is gonna be a big year for us because this year I was just hoping for a winning season and/or a playoff berth

Nice thread btw

Edited by PantherWake

Saints need to address the interior o-line soon. They played old, slow and weak at times. LB and CB....I don't remember when this wasn't an issue for the Saints. They better grab a nice WR too; they have a couple of nice, young'uns but the others are either getting up there in football age or have not shown enough to be depended on yet. That being said, the division crown comes home next year.

Pretty good. Gettleman has done a great job finding diamonds in the rough like Norwell, Remmers, Philly, Glanton, etc. and especially in the draft in KB, Bene, Ealy, Turner and Boston.

I think giving Cam, Luke and Star big contracts down the road is gonna hurt but I'm hoping Gettleman will work that out well.

I like where around future is going.

I'm still hoping we draft a good LT in the draft along with a SS and speedy WR to compliment KB.

We should be getting out of cap **** in a few years.

Need to cut Dwill in the offseason

I think 2015 is gonna be a big year for us because this year I was just hoping for a winning season and/or a playoff berth

Nice thread btw

I agree. Panthers have a **** of a team moving forward

Saints need to address the interior o-line soon. They played old, slow and weak at times. LB and CB....I don't remember when this wasn't an issue for the Saints. They better grab a nice WR too; they have a couple of nice, young'uns but the others are either getting up there in football age or have not shown enough to be depended on yet. That being said, the division crown comes home next year.

Imo saints need to load up oline and tinker their offense to compensate Drews declining arm strength. They need to go back to the heavy rotation of rbs and throw the power back dream out the window.

I feel like with the 8th pick we should seriously draft the best defensive front 7 personnel available, and do the same for the oline in rd 2. And IF the Falcons sign Rex or Holmgren, i think throwing a shitload of money at JPP and/or Suh would yield favorsble results.

Jpp suh and Beasley would be a dream come true.

Unless the players regress (which is always a possibility you can't really account for), then our only real glaring needs as it stands are LT, another safety, and another WR. Probably could use another decent RB since Stew can't be relied on to go a full season.

Probably the only time I can ever remember going into an offseason with so few holes to fill. Last year we lost half our d*mn team to FA/retirement/etc. year before that we were so capstrapped we couldn't do anything yet had like 50 holes to fill. Gettleman deserves some props.

Oh yeah, and offensive coordinator. Shula has gots to go. The red zone is more like the dead zone. Dude has no idea what to do once he gets within the 20 yard line. It's like he just starts panicking and pulls random plays out of his azz.

Edited by Big Play Bene

I'm actually optimistic about 2015.. I feel we can be a force in the NFL, not just the division.

Gettleman has done an amazing job so far at finding talent.

No major name free agents in 2015....

Can cut Charles Johnson and save $7M. Will probably be able to get a few others to restructure to give some more Cap room.

Cam is making over $14M next season.......there may be a way to sign him to his huge contract long term.. and make his cap hit in 2015 be lesser than the $14M he is scheduled to make now.

In 2015..............we may be able to actually make a splash......on one of the mid tier FAs out there. :lol:.

I'm actually optimistic about 2015.. I feel we can be a force in the NFL, not just the division.

Can cut Charles Johnson and save $7M. Will probably be able to get a few others to restructure to give some more Cap room.

Cam is making over $14M next season.......there may be a way to sign him to his huge contract long term.. and make his cap hit in 2015 be lesser than the $14M he is scheduled to make now.

In 2015..............we may be able to actually make a splash......on one of the mid tier FAs out there. laugh.png.

Meh, I'm worried about what that d-line is going to look like without Hardy AND CJ. We got somewhat of a glance of that when CJ was hobbled in the early part of the year. We're going to need at least one of them going forward for right now.

In 2015..............we may be able to actually make a splash......on one of the mid tier FAs out there. :lol:.

Cut cj?? Welcome home chuck

The Bucs have a helluva long way to go. Virtually every move Lovie and Licht made in the offseason blew up in their face. The only move they made that worked out well was picking Evans over Manziel with the #7 pick, other than that they get an F. That said, holding the #1 pick can at least get us pointed in the right direction, but I'm not holding onto any hopes of a one year turnaround, unless they bring in a crackerjack offensive coordinator, don't **** up the #1 pick, and do a helluva lot better job in free agency. Get those 3 right, and we still might not be ready in 2015. If only one of those happen, Lovie probably won't be here in 2016, and we'll be starting all over......emot-sigh.gif

The Bucs have a helluva long way to go. Virtually every move Lovie and Licht made in the offseason blew up in their face. The only move they made that worked out well was picking Evans over Manziel with the #7 pick, other than that they get an F. That said, holding the #1 pick can at least get us pointed in the right direction, but I'm not holding onto any hopes of a one year turnaround, unless they bring in a crackerjack offensive coordinator, don't **** up the #1 pick, and do a helluva lot better job in free agency. Get those 3 right, and we still might not be ready in 2015. If only one of those happen, Lovie probably won't be here in 2016, and we'll be starting all over......emot-sigh.gif

What about trading back? Outside of the Bucs, just about all of the QB needy teams pretty much addressed their QB situation last year. Carr is looking decent for Oakland, so is Teddy for the Vikings, and Bortles isn't terrible.

I really don't see Winston or Mariota as #1 overall pick worthy, IMO. They might surprise me, but I'm not seeing it.

I'm feeling uneasy.

One player I want gone or should be gone is someone that is close to Sean Payton. At some point, that loyalty is going to be the downfall to this team in 2015.

Saints have an easier schedule compared to 2014, but it will still be mighty difficult. This team needs to draft well and at least 3 players in this draft needs to contribute from day 1. Might not be too hard of a stretch if we draft a center and guard, that should be two locks at starting.