So How Long Do You Think This Will Take?

My memory fails me as to how long it took us to hire our next guy the last couple of times we replaced coaches. Seems like it was pretty quick between Quitrino and Smith but those were unique circumstances. I know "haste makes waste" and we dang sure want AB and Co. to make a good decision but I'm wondering what folks think the timeline will be. Sounds like some other teams are interested in the same candidates we are so I wonder how and if that will factor into things.

Edited by Falc_Fan_Since_Six

My memory fails me as to how long it took us to hire our next guy the last couple of times we replaced coaches. Seems like it was pretty quick between Quitrino and Smith but those were unique circumstances. I know "haste makes waste" and we dang sure want AB and Co. to make a good decision but I'm wondering what folks think the timeline will be. Sounds like some other teams are interested in the same candidates we are so I wonder how and if that will factor into things.

We signed Smitty on Jan 23rd. Not sure if that helps. It may also depend on when we can get in all the interviews of the people we are interested in. Teams in the playoffs may not allow us to interview some of their coaches until they are out. That could slow down the process a little.

It's all based on how much they like the guys they interview and when their teams lose. If the Cards lose this weekend and Bowles dazzles them he'll be our guy (although I think he'd go to Chicago if they get a GM). Same thing with Quinn, Gase and (ugh) McDaniels. I feel confident one of those four will be our next HC.

I was wondering the same exact thing. So i went and did my research on recent coach being hired and here are the list.

Arizona Cardinals - Bruce Arians - January 17, 2013

Buffalo Bills - Doug Marrone - January 6, 2013

Carolina Panthers - Ron Rivera - January 11, 2011

Cleveland Browns - Mike Pettine - January 23, 2014

Detroit Lions - Jim Cadwell - January 14, 2014

Houston Texans - Bill O'Brien - January 2, 2014

Jacksonville Jaguars - Gus Bradley - January 17, 2013

Minnesota Vikings - Mike Zimmer - January 15, 2014

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Lovie Smith - January 7, 2014

​Tennessee Titans - Ken Whisenhunt - January 13, 2014

Washington Redskins - Jay Gruden - January 9, 2014

So you get the idea, anywhere between next week to late January.

After a few Google searches, I stand somewhat corrected. The middle of January seems to be the exact median.

Mike Smith-January 23rd

Jim Harbaugh-January 7th

Lovie Smith-January 1st

John Fox-January 13th

Chip Kelly-January 16th

Ron Rivera-January 15th

Ken Whisenhunt-January 14th

Mike Tomlin-January 24th

The only thing is that I don't think any of these coaches were on playoff teams the year they were hired.

If we hire a coach of a playoff team, then it may move the timeline back.

Edit: Nevermind some of the late Jan ones were

Edited by ATLFalcons11