Any Glock Fans Out There?

Tootie Quivers

I've always loved Glocks. I have all kinds of hand guns. Beretta, S&W, Ruger, BERSA, Taurus. I still have most of them, but for me nothing beats the Glock. Just asking to see if anyone has ever done any modifications to their Glock. I think I am going to put a Ghost trigger in my 17 and new slide release. Seeing if anyone has ever done that modification.

I've always loved Glocks. I have all kinds of hand guns. Beretta, S&W, Ruger, BERSA, Taurus. I still have most of them, but for me nothing beats the Glock. Just asking to see if anyone has ever done any modifications to their Glock. I think I am going to put a Ghost trigger in my 17 and new slide release. Seeing if anyone has ever done that modification.

Yes, dropped the 3.5 ghost in and polished the connector. Makes a huge difference. This is similar to the ZEV modifications. Do not like the ext slide release, not needed for function.

We can do the mods for you at Georgia Gun Club in Buford

I have the 19 as my prime carry gun. The only mod I have made is the smooth faced trigger over the rigged "safety trigger". I've done the 25 cent trigger job as well which took a lot of the grittiness away from the trigger pull. I love the glock but really enjoy the s & w shield as well.

When I'm out and about I usually have a Glock 42 in my pocket. I've got nothing but good things to say about them.

I'm just curious, but what do you guys do on a daily basis where you feel the need to carry a gun around in your pocket? Like do you take it to Kroger and when you go out to eat at a restaurant? I mean I can see carrying one if you're like a bail bondsman or a tow truck driver or something, but just going "out and about?" Where are you going?

I carry it everywhere as a means of self defense. I hope I never need it, but would hate to need it and not have it.

Also, I spend a lot of time in the back country, and arming myself in the back country seems like a no brainer to me.

Use to conceal the 1911, but it is just too hard to conceal and plus it is a heavy sucker when as a back packer I count grams. (See Ultra Light backpacking for more info>

As for why I "feel" I need it I'll use the old cliche: When seconds count the police are minutes away.

Your mileage may vary.

I'm just curious, but what do you guys do on a daily basis where you feel the need to carry a gun around in your pocket? Like do you take it to Kroger and when you go out to eat at a restaurant? I mean I can see carrying one if you're like a bail bondsman or a tow truck driver or something, but just going "out and about?" Where are you going?

I'm mostly considering one for my photography. Sounds strange, but there are many occasions where I might be out before sunrise, out well past dark, or hiking back into the woods a couple of miles and I'd much rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Plus when I'm out early, late, or back in the woods, it's a nice piece of mind when you have upwards of about $4K worth of camera gear hanging from your shoulder.

Walmart with the kids. What could go wrong?

Yes, dropped the 3.5 ghost in and polished the connector. Makes a huge difference. This is similar to the ZEV modifications. Do not like the ext slide release, not needed for function.We can do the mods for you at Georgia Gun Club in Buford

I just don't like the slide release. It's not easy for me to release without rotating my whole hand around. I did it before on my 26 and was a lot easier. Not to mention its a cheap swap.