I Watched Interviews On Current Potential Coaching Candidates...

Tootie Quivers

I'll start with Gase and McDaniels. There wasn't much on McDaniels in the way of press conferences, mostly stuff from Denver. I have to say I was extremely unimpressed with him. He seemed intimidated. I have a really hard time seeing him command a room of testosterone filled alpha males. I'm sure he is very smart, but a leader? I don't see it.

Gase on the other hand came off as engaging and serious. This sounds silly to say, but he had good posture and what I mean is that is he was very confident in himself. At 36, it's still going to be a challenge to lead a NFL locker room but I am more confident he could do it, much like Tomlin did at a young age.

Teryl Austin is a guy that comes off really well. They're all smart, but he like Gase is engaging and someone that I would think the players would really like. Not scared to make a joke in with the media in some instances. He is one of my favorites to listen to actually.

Todd Bowles is a little harder for me to get a read on. He is certainly aggressive on the field, but reserved a little with reporters and not in a Belichick way. That doesnt make him a bad coaching candidate necessarily, just something I observed. Tommy Kelly described as a "cool" guy that doesn't get excited that much and when he does get loud you need to listen because he doesn't do that often. He seems to be a calm, serious individual.

Dan Quinn is someone, like Austin, comes off really well. Engaging, definitely doesn't mind getting into some of the more technical aspects with the media. Always looks the reporter in the eye, which not everyone does. Much like Austin, I don't see the players having a big problem listening or responding to him. After watching Quinn, much like Gase, I like him a little more.

As far as Rex Ryan...I am not going to go into a big thing about him. You either like his straight forwardness or you don't. He's doesn't care to stick his neck out there and sometimes he eats his own words. Personally I like him. I think he would be really good for us, just not sure we are going to go in that direction.

My current list is this:

1. Rex Ryan

2. Mike Shannahan

3. Teryl Austin

4. Dan Quinn

5. Adam Gase

6. Todd Bowles

I'll start with Gase and McDaniels. There wasn't much on McDaniels in the way of press conferences, mostly stuff from Denver. I have to say I was extremely unimpressed with him. He seemed intimidated. I have a really hard time seeing him command a room of testosterone filled alpha males. I'm sure he is very smart, but a leader? I don't see it. .Gase on the other hand came off as engaging and serious. This sounds silly to say, but he had good posture and what I mean is that is he was very confident in himself. At 36, it's still going to be a challenge to lead a NFL locker room but I am more confident he could do it, much like Tomlin did at a young age..Teryl Austin is a guy that comes off really well. They're all smart, but he like Gase is engaging and someone that I would think the players would really like. Not scared to make a joke in with the media in some instances. He is one of my favorites to listen to actually. .Todd Bowles is a little harder for me to get a read on. He is certainly aggressive on the field, but reserved a little with reporters and not in a Belichick way. That doesnt make him a bad coaching candidate necessarily, just something I observed. Tommy Kelly described as a "cool" guy that doesn't get excited that much and when he does get loud you need to listen because he doesn't do that often. He seems to be a calm, serious individual..Dan Quinn is someone, like Austin, comes off really well. Engaging, definitely doesn't mind getting into some of the more technical aspects with the media. Always looks the reporter in the eye, which not everyone does. Much like Austin, I don't see the players having a big problem listening or responding to him. After watching Quinn, much like Gase, I like him a little more..As far as Rex Ryan...I am not going to go into a big thing about him. You either like his straight forwardness or you don't. He's doesn't care to stick his neck out there and sometimes he eats his own words. Personally I like him. I think he would be really good for us, just not sure we are going to go in that direction..My current list is this:1. Rex Ryan2. Mike Shannahan3. Teryl Austin4. Dan Quinn5. Adam Gase6. Todd Bowles

Good write up. I felt the same way about Gase. His seriousness and sometimes stoic demeanor (not to mention hoodie) reminded me a lot of how Belichick comes off. Bowles seems like he's a cool, calm, guy... but when he's pi$sed off, it's a complete 180, silent fury.

I don't give a crap if a guy is engaging or pleasant for the media to interview. Our HC needs to have a plan, have a track record of getting more with less, and especially important to me, have the ability to identify his guys on his or both sides of the ball and quickly(rookie year) get them producing. Sean McDermott is my favorite because he has gotten a rag tag secondary to play big regardless of how well their DL is playing. One could posture that anyone could cover with 4 DL who can get after the QB as well as they do. One might also point out that they have the best MLB in the NFL. Even though he has a lot to work with in key positions he does have a very young secondary which they identified, acquired, coached up, translated plan from paper to grass. We don't have money. If we are to have a quick turn around it will be through the draft. We need a HC with a penchant of getting rookies ready and able. We all know Dimitroff needs help on draft day bringing in guys that can help.

I don't give a crap if a guy is engaging or pleasant for the media to interview. Our HC needs to have a plan, have a track record of getting more with less, and especially important to me, have the ability to identify his guys on his or both sides of the ball and quickly(rookie year) get them producing. Sean McDermott is my favorite because he has gotten a rag tag secondary to play big regardless of how well their DL is playing. One could posture that anyone could cover with 4 DL who can get after the QB as well as they do. One might also point out that they have the best MLB in the NFL. Even though he has a lot to work with in key positions he does have a very young secondary which they identified, acquired, coached up, translated plan from paper to grass. We don't have money. If we are to have a quick turn around it will be through the draft. We need a HC with a penchant of getting rookies ready and able. We all know Dimitroff needs help on draft day bringing in guys that can help.

And ultimately I agree but I'm looking at how they might impress in their respective interviews. I was also looking for leadership qualities. But the bottom line is results, you're right about that.

Good posture and eye contact

As strange as it sounds those are 2 impeccable qualities of a leader

I think so and it might be an indicator as to how they will deal with the players. Are they going to talk to them or at them? Will the players respond, etc?

It certainly doesn't mean they will or won't be a great coach, just observations.

I agree. If being engaging or pleasant meant anything Bill Belichick wouldn't have a job.

Based on everything I've read and seen I think Quinn would be my top choice. He has extensive experience including being the Seahawks assistant Head Coach. His specialty (and playing experience) is in defense .. and specifically defensive line. He seems like the kind of no-nonsense motivator with a good grasp of Xs and Os that we need.

Just my humble opinion.

I don't know if Gase is the right guy or not, but I keep reading good things about him. Not sure why people here don't like him

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=12104203

Peyton: Adam Gase worthy candidate

Jeff Legwold [ARCHIVE]

ESPN.com | December 31, 2014

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- As far as references go, a 14-time Pro Bowl selection headed for the Hall of Fame whose name is carved into plenty of pages in the NFL's record book is a pretty good one.

Adam Gase

Adam Gase has the full backing of Peyton Manning to become a head coach in the NFL.

And Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning believes offensive coordinator Adam Gase would make a quality NFL head coach. Manning said Wednesday following the team's practice that he's told NFL teams as much when they've asked and is ready to do so again.

Gase, in his second season as the Broncos' playcaller, is scheduled to interview with the San Francisco 49ers, Atlanta Falcons and Chicago Bears on Friday and Saturday in the Denver area.

"I don't think you need me to sit up here and campaign for him, I guess,'' Manning said. "Last year I talked to a couple teams on the behalf of him that reached out to me. That may happen again, so I'm certainly glad to share my thoughts, I mean it's pretty well documented my thoughts on him because I don't think he needs me to stand up here and campaign for him. I'm excited he has the opportunity he's going to have this week. He deserves it, I think teams that he talks to will be impressed.''

Gase drew interest from teams last season, most notably from Cleveland, but he told the Browns he wanted to wait until the Broncos' season was over before interviewing. And by the time the Broncos had played in Super Bowl XLVIII, the Browns had already hired Mike Pettine.

This time around, Gase has elected to interview in the allotted window for assistant coaches with teams that have a bye in the first week of the playoffs.

"Different year for me this year,'' Gase said. "Felt like this was the right choice for me to do this weekend. Once it's over we'll move on to whoever we're playing.''

"[These are] opportunities he deserves,'' Manning said. "... Adam's always had his priorities in the right order ... He deserves it.''

The Broncos, who practiced Tuesday and Wednesday, will have Thursday, Friday and Saturday off before they are to return Sunday morning to the team complex for meetings and a workout with the strength and conditioning coaches.

Gase is a popular candidate given his work in a variety of different offenses, his work with the likes of Nick Saban and Mike Martz -- national championship and Super Bowl winners, respectively -- along with a résumé that includes work in personnel as well as being a position coach.

In the two seasons Gase has called plays with Manning at quarterback, the Broncos finished with a single-season league record 606 points in 2013, and 486 points in 2014, the third-highest single-season total in franchise history. Manning has thrown 94 touchdown passes in the past two seasons.

"It's a great opportunity to be able to do this,'' Gase said. " ... I'm excited about it, but I'm also excited the fact we've got another chance to make a run. We've got a good team.''

Edited by JRid

He could be the guy. Interviewing skills are going to play a part in this, and it sounds like he'll be able to hold his own with Artie and the HC Selection Department. Myself, I just think Ryan is going to blow their collective socks off in pretty much all categories, from experience to vision, but especially in the sell-the-PSL's category.

McDaniels appears to me to be far from "intimidated". Some people would say the exact opposite. There are videos out there of him screaming at his "testosterone filled lockeroom" on the sideline. If anything, that video made me want him to chill out.

Thanks for your opinion on all the coaches, but I can't agree with the intimidated description.