Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Who do you guys all want with the 8th overall pick? Many people here want Shane Ray, but I think he's kind of undersized to be a DE, yet not fast enough to be an OLB. I like the local product Vic Beasley bigger who appears to be a bit bigger and faster. However, neither of them can be true bellcow pass rushers like J.J Watt or Aldon Smith.

I hope Leonard Williams or Randy Gregory fall down to us. Gregory is a monster, I wouldn't be against moving up to get him. Gregory is bigger than Ray and Beasley and I would say only slightly slower than Beasley.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want another trade with the Cleveland Browns. They trade up with us to get Jameis Winston. We take Todd Gurley @ 17 and get their 2nd and 3rd rounders.

The pass rushers in the draft are pretty lackluster.

I concur, none of them are J.J Watt caliber, but out of the highlights I've seen of the early 1st round candidates, Randy Gregory is a monster.

Highly likely he's gone @ 8 though.

I wouldn't mind slight;y trading up, but at this point TD would be too scared to do it even if he wanted to. And even if he were to try, he probably wouldn't be allowed this time round.

I don't think Gregory will be there at 8, but Shane Ray should, hope we can land him.

Ray looks to much like Kroy Biermann to me. He's fast for a DE no doubt, but in the pro game strength is more important. NFL Qbs don't go down when you touch them. Vic Beasley is faster and stronger.

Neither of them are worth top 10 picks though IMHO

I concur, none of them are J.J Watt caliber, but out of the highlights I've seen of the early 1st round candidates, Randy Gregory is a monster.

Gregory will be the 2nd pick by the Titans (if they dont choose Winston), or the 3rd pick by the Jags.

We take Todd Gurley @ 17 and get their 2nd and 3rd rounders.

Gurley will be there for our 2nd pick, no need to trade up.

Our pick will come down to 2 players; Ray or Beasley. One or both will be available at the 8th pick. It's as obvious as us picking Mathews in last years draft.

Gregory will be the 2nd pick by the Titans (if they dont choose Winston), or the 3rd pick by the Jags.

Gurley will be there for our 2nd pick, no need to trade up.

Our pick will come down to 2 players; Ray or Beasley. One or both will be available at the 8th pick. It's as obvious as us picking Mathews in last years draft.

If Gregory can fall to five, then I say we should trade up, but probably wouldn't happen. If Leonard Williams is still on board then I like him better than Ray or Beasley.

Ray looks to much like Kroy Biermann to me. He's fast for a DE no doubt, but in the pro game strength is more important. NFL Qbs don't go down when you touch them. Vic Beasley is faster and stronger.

I agree, I'd take either or in a trade down scenario, might be smart. I like Beasley a lot too.

Beasley stronger? What now? Do people even know anything about Ray? Lol

I haven't really watched a lot of the prospects yet, and some of the top edge rushers in this draft don't have a lot of videos on draft breakdown. But from what I've seen so far, I don't care if it's considered reaching at 8, but give me Bud Dupree. I'm by no means a film or draft expert, but when I watch Dupree I consistently see him beating his man, making impact plays, and shows hussle chasing down plays that aren't run at him. He's the only rusher I feel confident about. Gregory reminds me of Barr, consistently getting stonewalled with an occasional big play usually attributed to his insane speed and flexibility. But if I recall correctly, Barr was having a good rookie season before he got hurt, so who knows? If Ray or Dupree are already gone, I'd consider Landon Collins at 8 if he's there, or try and move back a bit for Shaq Thompson.

I seen a very accurate comparison around here for Gregory... Dion Jordan

No you haven't. Dion did absolutely nothing in college. His whole deal was athleticism.

Gregory has been very productive and unlike dion, has every pass rush move in the book.