Jimbo Fisher

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Guy has an amazing record. He hadn't lost a game in over 2 years. If we're looking at the college route, why not interview him?

Its never going to happen, Fisher just signed a 8 year deal about two weeks ago. If he had any illusions of going to the pro level I doubt he signs that deal beforehand. Like Saban, Fisher is royalty in Tallahassee now....maybe check this guy for the coach we hire in another 7 years

Coaching contracts are basically year to year and can be re-negotiated or terminated at a moments notice. Most successful coaches are wired much differently than the average person. They don't feed off of comfort, they simply want the next challenge. (Urban Meyer excluded from this generalization). I definitely think Saban could go to the NFL if the right organization was interested with enough resources. We already have a playoff caliber QB. We also have an owner that seems to be willing to get the best candidate at all costs.

Jimbo is a very good college coach and, IMHO, that is where he should stay. The way he has handled Winston's immaturity--I believe Jamis has Jimbo in prison. Every bit of foolishness is worked around as long as they win. Winston's immaturity reminds me of Cam Newton---immature and sophomoric.

How can you compare Winston to Cam? I think Vince Young is a better comparison. Winston will wash out of the NFL within 5 years.

Yeah, they ain't played nobody and we're the luckiest team in the country this year. That just about sums it up

DTS

I agree. If we are both right they will be exposed for what they are in the playoff.

got a fsu and a Oregon fan here at work. They been at each other's throat since they found out about the game. The Oregon fan said jameis better not **** up cause this the first team they will play all season that actually like to score. Argument broke out and I was just sitting there looking like oh **** lol

If he could draft talent like he recruits it, I'd say go for it. His offensive line coach is as good as it gets, but he has health problems. I love how they've run the ball lately. He doesn't just believe in throwing the ball around either. What we need to do is look into drafting Cameron Irving or Tre Jackson to play on our oline.

Edited by rollo lawson

I think ya_boi_j can agree with me on this one...F.U.C.K. Florida St.!!!!!! And besides he just signed a big azz deal he ain't leaving no time soon. And FSU is garbage and overrated as **** lucky that they play in a weak conference

They broke the SEC streak. I won't hate them simplyfor that. And the ACC is probably the 3rd best conference if not the 2nd. Some of the hate is irrational. a 6-6 acc team and a 6-6 SEC team go head to head. USC wins 24-21 over Miami's current joke of a program. 7-5 ACC team beats 8-4 SEC team. 10-2 teams from each conference square off? ACC rolls. Duke took a much better ASU team to the wire. Hate on FSU all you want but the ACC is underrated insanely on this board. **** the top 5 teams from the SECW all LOST

As an FSU fan, I can say that Jimbo is a great college coach. The players really trust and believe in him, he is amazing at recruiting, and there is no better team at adjusting in the second half than FSU. Other than the ability to make major adjustments in game, I'm not sure how the rest of his talents would translate to the NFL.

I would say it's very unlikely he leaves FSU, but this was a very difficult year. I'm sure Fisher did not like having to constantly battle the media at every turn. But now that FSU has finally lost and Winston is likely to go pro, it's safe to assume that the NY Times and ESPN will set their sights on some other program to dig up dirt on. Oregon had a couple sexual assaults so maybe it will be their turn now.

FSU has a very young team filled with promising freshmen, so I think Jimbo will continue building on what he has done since Bowden left. FSU is one of the most stable football programs in the USA in terms of coaching. That's part of why they've been so successful IMO. They aren't constantly rebuilding their program like so many other universities do.