Dirk Eyed By Division Rival

ya_boi_j

Koetter is a good OC but i think there are better offensive coordinators out there. Koetter had two pro bowl receivers, a hall of fame tight end, and a good QB to his advantage but there were some games where we looked like garbage on offense. If the Falcons retain him it wouldn't be a bad thing because Matt Ryan already has a good relationship with him, but the organization needs to look around the league before making the decision to retain him.

The problem with canning Koetter is that I don't see any immediate options out there who would be upgrades. If we get a defensive-HC we may retain him.

I guess solid replacements would be Marc Trestman, Greg Roman, or a dark horse like Tom Clements.

Yeah, I don't really see a OC out there that's available, and would be an upgrade --- I know there probably is, but I'm just not aware of 'em at this point...

Of course, I STILL say that about some of the coaching candidates I've seen thrown around ---- are any of them really a TRUE upgrade over Smitty? ---