Who Would * You * Like As The Next Headcoach And * Why *?

I Even Bleed Red

I'm gonna miss "Smitty". Mike was a stand up guy. But it's time to move on. Tell me who you would like for headcoach and WHY? I don't know anything, so sell me on your pick.

1. Bronco's OC Adam Gase

2. Seahawks DC Dan Quinn

3. Former Jet's HC Rex Ryan

4. Pats OC Josh McDaniels

5. Lions DC Teryl Austin

6. Cardinals DC Todd Bowles

7. Falcons ST coach Keith Armstrong

8. Standfords HC David Shaw

9. Longhorns HC Charlie Strong

10. Texas A&M HC Kevin Sumlin

11. Nortre Dame HC Brian Kelly

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh McDaniels because he is one of the brighter young minds on the offensive side and has had very good success in New England. He has been at the right hand of Belichik for a while. Not only has he had success in the air, but equally good success on the ground.

How much of that do you honestly attribute to Brady and that OL?

#3. I don't care if we win games 9-3. I'm tired of being having a punk azz defense.

Edit: I mean seriously. Matt Ryan has a ridiculous amount of come from behind wins because our defense NEVER EVER EVERRRRRR gets a defensive stop to win a game ever. They always give up the go ahead TD or field goal and we have a minute or less to score to tie or win. The last time I can actually remember our defense stopping someone to win the game was 2 or 3 years ago against Tampa Bay when somehow Thomas Decoud stopped Blount on a goal line stand. Oh and I suppose two weeks ago against New Orleans.

Edited by ltstorm2

How much of that do you honestly attribute to Brady and that OL?

Probably a good bit, but thats not really a knock on him. If anything then he has learned very valuable things from being there. Belichik obviously thinks very highly of the guy if he left, went to Denver and then beat the Pats and Belichick had him back there again.

But you can say that about any OC/DC on that list. How good is Bowles and Quinn or is it because of the teams they had in place by the former DC who left last year for both teams?

And you can absolutely make the case for Gase since he was basically a nobody up until this year.

It's all relevant to me

Considering the fact the Defensive minded HC's have won more Super Bowls since 2000 than Offensive minded ones have, that's probably going to give us the best chance. Our Defense is atrocious and has been for many years. We have a very capable offense, much better than many of those defensive teams that have won it all since Y2K but did not have the defense in place to get anywhere. And with that said, I think our chances at immediate success will be best met with either Rex Ryan. He's been part of a huge change with the Jets and if he could do with our defense what he did for theirs, we become instant contenders again.

I'm gonna miss "Smitty". Mike was a stand up guy. But it's time to move on. Tell me who you would like for headcoach and WHY? I don't know anything, so sell me on your pick.

1. Bronco's OC Adam Gase

2. Seahawks DC Dan Quinn

4. Pats OC Josh McDaniels !!!

5. Lions DC Teryl Austin

Gase is my first choice.

Everybody wants to discredit Gase and McDaniels simply because they have good QB's. I really think both of them would love to escape that shadow and go where they can show it is about them not their players. Manning is good and a solid veteran playcaller but that offense is not all him.

Likewise, I think both would be willing to accept somewhat downgraded roles with strong defensive coordinators serving in co-HC roles. I would be really interested to see if Ryan might agree to a co-HC role with him running the defense and someone like Gase running the offense.

Can't believe Hue Jackson isn't being considered yet McDaniels, Brian Kelly, Strong and Sumlin are

Hue Jackson did not leave a good impression with Arthur when Petrino was here. I've heard that from Dave Archer on the radio, and people that have worked near Blank that I've worked with.

Just Think, We will have Dimitroff and Piolo from the Patriots (HELLO? SUCCESS?)

AND

we can have Dan Quinn from the Seahawks (HELLO? SUCCESS?)

That would be an awesome combination of lineage

also we need someone thats way more UPBEAT than Smith, Smitty didn't command people's inner fire we need someone that can!

Edited by FALCONSFAN1492

1. Bronco's OC Adam Gase

2. Seahawks DC Dan Quinn

4. Pats OC Josh McDaniels !!!

5. Lions DC Teryl Austin

You forgot the WHY part, KOG Lol

Just Think, We will have Dimitroff and Piolo from the Patriots (HELLO? SUCCESS?)

AND

we can have Dan Quinn from the Seahawks (HELLO? SUCCESS?)

That would be an awesome combination of lineage

Possibly but the fact that Quinn had all of that defensive talent and the fact the Gus Bradley isn't exactly a world beater in Jacksonville right now makes me a bit hesitant. It's easy to look good when you the LOB at your disposal