Wow....what A Difference 24 Hrs Make.......

Big Ben Right

think about it. sat pm most of us (come on admit it )expected a falcon win against the panties and after that...well who knows what happens in the playoffs ? we were giving smitty love, pipe dreaming about us being, well, GOOD, and believe it or not, could we actualy be back?....and today, smittys' gone,dummytroff is not, and arthur is starting to look really sorta,dare i say it, senile and cluless in owning a nfl team. i dont know,but it looks like we are in a world of shi#,even worse than we thought.

think about it. sat pm most of us (come on admit it )expected a falcon win against the panties and after that...well who knows what happens in the playoffs ? we were giving smitty love, pipe dreaming about us being, well, GOOD, and believe it or not, could we actualy be back?....and today, smittys' gone,dummytroff is not, and arthur is starting to look really sorta,dare i say it, senile and cluless in owning a nfl team. i dont know,but it looks like we are in a world of shi#,even worse than we thought.

Being a fan since '66, I never expect any Falcons win. I just never expected such an absolute embarrassment of a game and Falcon's team that was on display AT HOME when the NFC South was on the line.

I'm still p*ssed about yesterday and I was drinking hard yesterday too. I can honestly say that now that Mike Smith is gone I wish him nothing but luck on his future endeavors and thanks for getting us back-to-back winning seasons. It was the playoffs and the past two seasons that put a quick end to his tenure here.

Edited by Cali_Falcon_1184

Yep. I was definitely pipe dreaming.

I don't think Arthur comes across as senile -- he was articulate and determined in the presser. But I don't get his actions -- why on earth isn't TD gone already??

I guess Arthur is saying, "Hey, good coaches. Pick Atlanta. If you like TD, he can stay and you will have power over him. If you don't like him, I'll fire him. Whatever you like."

If that's what Arthur is doing, then it's a great move.

Yep. I was definitely pipe dreaming.

I don't think Arthur comes across as senile -- he was articulate and determined in the presser. But I don't get his actions -- why on earth isn't TD gone already??

I guess Arthur is saying, "Hey, good coaches. Pick Atlanta. If you like TD, he can stay and you will have power over him. If you don't like him, I'll fire him. Whatever you like."

If that's what Arthur is doing, then it's a great move.

How is it hard to understand? We were hopeful that our team could surprise us and we aren't all negative. Then we saw that absolute domination of game and now we are hopeful and positive that we can get a new coach and new players to help us win because we love this team and dont spend all our time hating on something we claim to love (falcons football)

Guest facelessman07

Funny. There was absolutely nothing ironic about anything you posted.

Try putting down the Alanis Morissette and picking up a text book every once in a while, kid.

My post wasn't ironic dumbass, it was the context of its placement in reference to the homer squad apologists

I was thinking the same thing.

I've got several textbooks, in fact I need to get rid of some. Want to be smart?

No more corney Mike smith interviews.

No more jaguars players

No more scared shots of smith on the sidelines

No more repetitive post game interviews

No more bad clock management

No more overly pretending with injuries

No more Mike Smith. Wow I can't believe we finally fired him. How wonderful

If you think every one of those problems will be solved with a New headcoach you're dreaming. Sure, a few of em...but I doubt all of them. Just Sayin

+ 100 sad.png

TD will be on a short leash. From the presser his job is not 100%. Teams need continuity and with all the front office additions last season, its clear Black wants to see that another year before blowing anything up. Smitty got seven years and it was finally time to make a change.

Im not saying TD has been a great GM, and many doubt his draft process. But the Falcon's are secretive and send out mixed messages at times so no one really knows what exactly goes on behind closed doors. I am not convinced his job is totally secure. Arthur wants to see what this new brain trust can do with another year. We had a workmanlike solid draft last year. Lets see what happens this year. TD and McKay have done great work with the cap. Give it a year and we may see an internal pice take the reigns.

No more corney Mike smith interviews.

No more jaguars players

No more scared shots of smith on the sidelines

No more repetitive post game interviews

No more bad clock management

No more overly pretending with injuries

No more Mike Smith. Wow I can't believe we finally fired him. How wonderful

No more "Chester" grins.

180645859_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=7

I think the biggest change I've seen in 24 hours is people wanting Smith's head on a stick and suddenly they miss him and think he was good...

yes some fans cannot make up their minds as for me, I was Po'ed when Smith was not fired at halftime. I keep hoping to see Mike Smith will not return to the game and his return is not questionable !