Luke And Davis On The Harper Int

Audiotom

Watching the game in 30 minutes on nflrewind which makes the results that much more compelling

On the Harper interception

Thomas Davis and Luke Kuechly take Jacquizz Rogers and Harry Douglas and drive them straight back ten yards into the endzone

Complete clear out

Reminded me of Bo Jackson saying hello to Brian Bosworth

The Boston play Matt Ryan has the angle but avoids contact and runs out of bounds in front of the returner

:lol: Yep. He could have at least attempted to trip Boston up, or push him out of bounds. Even kickers and Punters go up and push returners out of bounds if they have to.

GenuineSpiffyFlatcoatretriever.gif

I didn't see the game, but while it does sound like a good block, a LB driving back a smaller WR, especially when they likely have a lot of momentum seems kind of 'duh', lol. With Rodgers it may be a little less of a duh, but I'd still expect a LB to win that match up too.

It's kind of like when Sean Taylor lit up the punter Brian Moorman in the pro bowl. He was a punter and he ran right at Taylor like he was going to try and run him over, he didn't try and spin or anything it looked like he tried to run him over, him getting lit up is kind of a duh to me, lol. If the punter was 265 lb Sav Rocca who used to punt for the Eagles it may have been more of a big deal, but I'd expect Sean Taylor to lay out a punter most of the time.

I agree not trying to tackle a defender off of a pick is a 'weenie' move for a QB IMO. Granted, most QBs are probably guilty of 'weenie' plays on many occasions, but I see even non athletic(by NFL Standards I mean) QBs at least make an effort to make the tackle. Peyton I believe tripped up a D-lineman who caught a pick this year. You can wrap up the legs down low, if done well the guy goes down, and you probably don't get hurt. If you throw a pick, you should definitely pursue the tackle even if you are a QB IMO.

Not that Ryan isn't tough. That guy takes one **** of a pounding at times and gets up. He just ran himself out of the play when he clearly had the angle. I believe it's Roddy who completely whiffs, John Asamoah makes a valiant diving attempt and gets his hand on him. Ryan runs out of bounds right in front of him when he could have easily shoved him out or at least slowed him down for someone else to take down.

The Boston play Matt Ryan has the angle but avoids contact and runs out of bounds in front of the returner

I just watched the entire game on Rewind, and replayed that several times. He didn't even make a move to tackle him or even shove him outta bounds. Sorry Falcon fans, but the dude plays SOFT. Not the leader you need for the Super Bowl. Good thing you have a new staff coming in, maybe they can change that. It's obvious Smitty couldn't. He needs to toughen up, even if it means he loses some other ability. He has all the appearances of being able to do it......until you get him in a big game, when they need a tough assed leader. He takes the right angle and knocks Boston on his ***, imagine what that tells the rest of the team!

Think about it..... I'm not trying to place the entire blame for the loss on Ryan, but he shoulders quite a bit of it.