The Player's Take

mrobinson3803

We've seen Matt Ryan post on Instagram and now Osi did a radio interview. But I wonder what are the players view on Mike Smith being fired and the whole handling of the situation. I'm sure right now players under contract won't say much at the risk of losing their job. I can't help but wonder if it rubbed some players wrong the way AB handled the end of this season. Thoughts?

We've seen Matt Ryan post on Instagram and now Osi did a radio interview. But I wonder what are the players view on Mike Smith being fired and the whole handling of the situation. I'm sure right now players under contract won't say much at the risk of losing their job. I can't help but wonder if it rubbed some players wrong the way AB handled the end of this season. Thoughts?

What did Matt post????

Not sure how people do the screen caps on the board. (Which is sad cause I'm really great with computers)

But his caption is

"Certainly a disappointing year, but I can't thank Mike Smith enough for all he has done the last seven season. He has been a great coach for our organization and for me personally. I am forever grateful for out time together."

The picture he posted was of him and Coach Smith on the sideline on gameday

Not sure how people do the screen caps on the board. (Which is sad cause I'm really great with computers)

But his caption is

"Certainly a disappointing year, but I can't thank Mike Smith enough for all he has done the last seven season. He has been a great coach for our organization and for me personally. I am forever grateful for out time together."

The picture he posted was of him and Coach Smith on the sideline on gameday

He doesn't know any better...A battered wife doesn't know how bad things are until she finds someone else who treats her better! cool.png

If anything the players who have been untouchable and getting playing time even with their poor performance during smittys tenure is probably sweating bullets. The new coach is going to come in with a new scheme and a new way of doing things which means if some of them does not fit the scheme they have a very good chance of being cut. All the players probably know that their roster spot is not as secure as it use to be

If anything the players who have been untouchable and getting playing time even with their poor performance during smittys tenure is probably sweating bullets. The new coach is going to come in with a new scheme and a new way of doing things which means if some of them does not fit the scheme they have a very good chance of being cut. All the players probably know that their roster spot is not as secure as it use to be

Yup, and Arthur Blank is not playing games. No telling what he's got up his sleeve. He was actually on the sideline during a lot of games so he got first-hand knowledge of what's going on with the who's and what's.

He doesn't know any better...A battered wife doesn't know how bad things are until she finds someone else who treats her better! cool.png

I think he knows better. I also think Ryan will toe the company line each and every time he's asked his opinion on a matter. It's one of the few faults I don't like about Ryan.

Yup, and Arthur Blank is not playing games. No telling what he's got up his sleeve. He was actually on the sideline during a lot of games so he got first-hand knowledge of what's going on with the who's and what's.

Actually Arthur needs to sit his a** back and let McKay do the decision making when it comes to building a football team. He fired the only coach that took us to a SuperBowl, overpaid a QuarterRunning back, pushed for the Peerless trade, this guy has made more mistakes than all of our previous GM's. Arthur is a good owner definitely way better than Rankin and Taylor Smith but the man is a businessman not a football mind. He needs to stop thinking about getting flashy players to get fans in the dome a flashy player can only do so much but without a championship Arthur Blank and this franchise will not get its due respect. He hired McKay for a reason, lets make McKay useful, he might not be a great GM but he knows his football and built a championship team in the past.

Actually Arthur needs to sit his a** back and let McKay do the decision making when it comes to building a football team. He fired the only coach that took us to a SuperBowl, overpaid a QuarterRunning back, pushed for the Peerless trade, this guy has made more mistakes than all of our previous GM's. Arthur is a good owner definitely way better than Rankin and Taylor Smith but the man is a businessman not a football mind. He needs to stop thinking about getting flashy players to get fans in the dome a flashy player can only do so much but without a championship Arthur Blank and this franchise will not get its due respect. He hired McKay for a reason, lets make McKay useful, he might not be a great GM but he knows his football and built a championship team in the past.

Arthur already said multiple times the final decision is gonna come down to him in the end (after receiving "counsel"). His backs against the wall in this situation, and after the lack of effort showed this season he's not gonna put up with this nonsense. It's easy to acknowledge his mistakes, but what about his successes. The most successful the franchise has been under his ownership, turning around a debacle (with Vick and Petrino), etc. If there is a leadership issue his aggresive attitude should right it from the top down and filter throughout the organization. I'm picturing him in a Donald Trump mode for the next few years...

Arthur already said multiple times the final decision is gonna come down to him in the end (after receiving "counsel"). His backs against the wall in this situation, and after the lack of effort showed this season he's not gonna put up with this nonsense. It's easy to acknowledge his mistakes, but what about his successes. The most successful the franchise has been under his ownership, turning around a debacle (with Vick and Petrino), etc. If there is a leadership issue his aggresive attitude should right it from the top down and filter throughout the organization. I'm picturing him in a Donald Trump mode for the next few years...

I acknowledged his success when I said he was better than Rankin and Taylor Smith the previous Falcons owner. What Blank has accomplished with the Falcons since he purchased them in 2002 is giant leaps compared to the previous owners. He is also not afraid to break the bank on players worth keeping, unlike his predecessors. He is a good owner but sometimes he is just too involved and is a little to friendly with the players. This team wants to be considered "tough" well it starts at the top Blank needs to get tougher on his staff until every player feels the pressure. I mean this year and last season was just horrible. We want to become tougher as a team, than apply more pressure on everybody to perform better.

We got a $120 million dollar QB making mental errors, pro bowl receivers dropping easy passes, players who considers themselves as defensive players missing tackles. Had the winningest coach in franchise history go 1-4 in the playoffs despite having good recievers and a hall of fame tight end. He should have made Smith and Dimitroffs seats hot after the 24-2 blowout in the Meadowlands. I got a whole bunch of reasons why blank should have made it hot then but I'm not even going to bring it up because he should have applied the Super Bowl or bust mentality in 2012. Meaning Smith should have been shown the door after his team collapsed in the NFCCG.

Edited by Cali_Falcon_1184