Brian Billick Says Atlanta Is The Best Job Because...

fuego

...you have to start with which team has the best QB and it's obviously Ryan.

"...But if you look and want to rank them, you have to begin with the quarterback position....but you've gotta go with Matt Ryan. He's the best quarterback out there...an elite if not on the edge of elite quarterback. So you've got to think Atlanta may be the best job even though defensive personnel wise they are horrendous...the cupboard is bare...that's gonna be the biggest challenge...but probably Atlanta because of Matt Ryan."

I transcribed that from NFL Total Access just now, but there will probably be a video on NFL site before it's over.

People seem to forget how much Billick struggles with the Ravens offense and QBs for years even though he hand picked them. The ravens won a SB thre when he was HC because of the great defense. They won a bunch of low scoring games their SB season with FGs like 9-6, 10-3, 14-6 games. No more old recycled HCs please.

Who cares how they won them.... fact is, THEY WON and WON BIG! They'll forever be known as SuperBowl Champions for 2000 and 2012. No one will remember the showy, flashy scoring teams of those years.

"...But if you look and want to rank them, you have to begin with the quarterback position....but you've gotta go with Matt Ryan. He's the best quarterback out there...an elite if not on the edge of elite quarterback. So you've got to think Atlanta may be the best job even though defensive personnel wise they are horrendous...the cupboard is bare...that's gonna be the biggest challenge...but probably Atlanta because of Matt Ryan."

I transcribed that from NFL Total Access just now, but there will probably be a video on NFL site before it's over.

Billick saying that the cubboard is bare and then turning around and saying that ATL is the best gig is just talking out of both sides of his mouth. I know he is trying to save face for his brother in law but there is talent on both offense and defense.

Smitty showed gross negligence in his ability to adjust his schemes and take advantage of players strengths. Running Antone up the middle and using Babs on the edge as well as all of the other head scratching decisions is all on Smitty and his coordinators.

Edited by FentayeJones

I honestly think this roster has some young defensive talent on it right now. Hageman may be pro bowl level, and these young safeties look good. Even Motta was coming on a little before his injury. Tyson Jackson and Soliai are very good DL, they just haven't been utilized properly, have no edge rushers or LBs to compliment them. We are pretty solid at CB with a young soon to be pro bowler there. I actually think the defense could turn things around quick with a few select pieces. That #8 pick hopefully has an edge rusher waiting for us.

Let's see Geno, Emo Cutler, Kap or Ryan. Too easy... Ryan's the guy if thats the pool you're choosing from. A year ago I would have had a harder time choosing between Kap and Ryan. However It seems like Kap has regressed.

I honestly think this roster has some young defensive talent on it right now. Hageman may be pro bowl level, and these young safeties look good. Even Motta was coming on a little before his injury. Tyson Jackson and Soliai are very good DL, they just haven't been utilized properly, have no edge rushers or LBs to compliment them. We are pretty solid at CB with a young soon to be pro bowler there. I actually think the defense could turn things around quick with a few select pieces. That #8 pick hopefully has an edge rusher waiting for us.

Linebackers and edgerushers are the problem on defense. Oline is the problem on offense, seems an easy fix with top ten picks.

I think we could get Rex Ryan play a 3-4 with Jackson/Solia/Hageman. Probably Spoon/Worrilow on the inside, we got to bring in one proven pass rusher, draft one, and another situational OLB who can rush (not huge money) and go from there. They aren't going to be the best group, but can be top 10-15 I feel. You still got Goodman and Mass as decent backups. Need a 2nd NT.