Rex Ryan

Falconsfan567

Why is Rex Ryan so loved here on this message board? I just don't understand it. You guys give him a complete pass for the Jets being one of the worst offensive teams in the NFL during his tenure. Why is that? He doesn't get any say in any of the offensive players he has had? It's a joke that you guys think coaches get absolutely no say in the players they are handed. Yes there were even some here that were saying that Smith had no input on the players he was given. No NFL coach would ever accept being a coach without having some say in who the players are. They just wouldn't. It's basic common sense. Sure he's a great defensive coach but big whoopied doo doo. Look at his coaching record. Look at the media circus he creates.

I see a lot of the same flaws in Rex Ryan that I saw in Smitty and the fact that he's beloved here is just a complete joke.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People prob would love the idea of him coming in to run our defense and turn it around, while he would inherit an offense that could work with the defenses he has built, and he would finally have a QB which if he had in NYJ,they may of gone to the Sb in his early coaching season...I prefer Bowels tho.

I will humor you though. If you actually read up on Rex Ryan and his tenure with the Jets you would know his main issue in New York was he completely ignored the offense. He wouldn't go to their meetings. He was all defense. This has been reported by the NY media for years. He never wanted Geno Smith. That was reported too. He tried to bench him indefinitely but Idzik wasn't hearing that and told him to start Geno. One can only hope he has learned his lesson. But he isn't anything like Smitty. To suggest that means you know nothing about Rex as a coach

Why did the Jets offense suck? Please explain that to me because I can't wrap my head around it. And no I don't give Rex a complete pass for that like so many here do. Rex had say in the offensive players he was handed and that's one of the reasons the offense sucked. He's not just going to come here and run the defense and hire some genius to run the offense and not touch it. He can't help himself just like Smitty couldn't help himself in screwing with our offense and defense.

I will humor you though. If you actually read up on Rex Ryan and his tenure with the Jets you would know his main issue in New York was he completely ignored the offense. He wouldn't go to their meetings. He was all defense. This has been reported by the NY media for years. He never wanted Geno Smith. That was reported too. He tried to bench him indefinitely but Idzik wasn't hearing that and told him to start Geno. One can only hope he has learned his lesson. But he isn't anything like Smitty. To suggest that means you know nothing about Rex as a coach

I'm talking about game day coaching decisions and the like. I see a lot of the same flaws.

Why did the Jets offense suck? Please explain that to me because I can't wrap my head around it. And no I don't give Rex a complete pass for that like so many here do. Rex had say in the offensive players he was handed and that's one of the reasons the offense sucked. He's not just going to come here and run the defense and hire some genius to run the offense and not touch it. He can't help himself just like Smitty couldn't help himself in screwing with our offense and defense.

Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Geno Smith

Why is Rex Ryan so loved here on this message board? I just don't understand it. You guys give him a complete pass for the Jets being one of the worst offensive teams in the NFL during his tenure. Why is that? He doesn't get any say in any of the offensive players he has had? It's a joke that you guys think coaches get absolutely no say in the players they are handed. Yes there were even some here that were saying that Smith had no input on the players he was given. No NFL coach would ever accept being a coach without having some say in who the players are. They just wouldn't. It's basic common sense. Sure he's a great defensive coach but big whoopied doo doo. Look at his coaching record. Look at the media circus he creates.

I see a lot of the same flaws in Rex Ryan that I saw in Smitty and the fact that he's beloved here is just a complete joke.

For 2 years Rex had offensive talent. Tomlinson, Thomas Jones, Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress, Dustin Keller, And a top 5 defense and took them to the AFCCG twice. After he lost ALL of his offensive weapons how was he going to win? The GM got rid of his weapons. Not him. His record became a result of no talent. We have an offense full of talent. All he needs is a great OC that's great with qb's and he can focus on getting that defense right.

I'm talking about game day coaching decisions and the like. I see a lot of the same flaws.

and he still isn't like Smitty. Rex makes in game adjustments for his defense. He was in the defensive meetings and adjusting the game plan for every opponent. If it didn't work he scrapped it. He isn't anything like Smitty. His clock management is below average where Smitty had none.