Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dharma Initiative

Tom Brady Restructures Contract Again To Help Patriots

It will free up $24 million for them to spend elsewhere. Brady only gets the money if injured.

OK Matty Ice, take notes and be a team player

I've said that this would "buy him protection" and a good RB. Otherwise, it's just more of the same

We don't have any cap issues, and Tom Brady is toward the end of his career. You people are idiots.

I'm sure when Matt is 37 years old he'll be willing to negotiate his contract.

We have $30 million next year, closer to $40 when we cut SJax and Osi. Matt Ryan's contract isn't an issue. Give it up.

We don't have any cap issues, and Tom Brady is toward the end of his career. You people are idiots.

We have $30 million next year, closer to $40 when we cut SJax and Osi. Matt Ryan's contract isn't an issue. Give it up.

Lol, this will look like hieroglyphics too many, or intentionally ignored.

Near the end of his career and has the #1 seed, and still makes cuts to help the team improve even more

We have like 20 free agents, that's a lot of players were have to obtain in the offseason and even at vet min it's gonna eat a lot of cap

If it's a restructure then it makes no difference to Brady, because he'll get the money anyway. A restructure just affects how the money is accounted for, for cap purposes.

It makes sense to defer cap money to win now, when your starting QB is 37 years old. It doesn't make sense when he's 29.

If it's a restructure then it makes no difference to Brady, because he'll get the money anyway. A restructure just affects how the money is accounted for, for cap purposes.

It makes sense to defer cap money to win now, when your starting QB is 37 years old. It doesn't make sense when he's 29.

/thread.

Near the end of his career and has the #1 seed, and still makes cuts to help the team improve even more

We have like 20 free agents, that's a lot of players were have to obtain in the offseason and even at vet min it's gonna eat a lot of cap

Cap is the least of our problems and might be the reason TD kept his job. Julio is the only expensive resigning we have. Spoon might comeback on a cheap one year contract.

Cap is not the issue, and I'm sure if it was Matt would restructure. It's not necessary, so why would he? You're just making up BS because you decided you don't like Matt.

It's already the issue hinted by the two past season records. Don't try to put skeletons in the closet now that things are changing. And Julio is fixing to get paid...analyze the cost to build a SuperBowl contender, not player specific positions

Most of those players aren't must-retains. Our cap situation is very very healthy.

And you'd expect him to do that at the end of his career. Thats what guys do at the end of their careers. When you've made your money, you prioritize things differently. I'm sure if/when we are in a situation where we need to move $$$ around in Ryan's contract, he'll do that.

Brady contract is a restructure. Least that's what they are calling it. He had some sort of "skill guarantee" in his contract. Well now it's an injury guarantee. He only gets it if he is injured. Guessing it has to be a career ending injury

It's already the issue hinted by the two past season records. Don't try to put skeletons in the closet now that things are changing. And Julio is fixing to get paid...analyze the cost to build a SuperBowl contender, not player specific positions

It costs almost exactly the same to build a SB contender as it does to build a team out of the playoffs. We don't have a $$ problem at all.

People say cap is the least of our problems, meanwhile Matt Ryan just got smashed last nite "because of a sorry O-Line".

So getting your $100 Million QB smashed is just fine then...(because he's a tough QB)

If there was a simple formula, every team would be doing the same thing.

We didn't go 10-22 because we didn't have money, we went 10-22 because we were scared to spend it.