The Media Lynching Of Authur Blank

gazoo

Folks, I know you are upset and I know you are hurt. Another crash and burn season ending in a dismal, embarrassing $#@ kicking. I hurt along with you.

That said, I beg all the fans to not allow the media to do what it seems to good at doing lately in America and push a narrative through speculation, half truths, spin, lies, edited 911 tapes, edited film footage showing only what they want you to see that keeps the flames burning. During the media frenzy, the mob is convinced with 100% certainly that the target is guilty and they have all kinds of reasons why BUT NOT ONE IS CONCLUSIVE. The media plays us all like fiddles to promote viewers and readers. You cannot argue with the mob, and once unleashed the truth seems to matter little to the mob. Too many innocent people have been harmed by the media stirring up these mobs, and I ask you to take a gut check at this point when it comes to Arthur Blank.

If indeed there is any conclusive proof that Arthur Blank willingly allowed information to leak out to the media, before the game, information about him hiring a search agency to replace Mike Smith, please present such conclusive proof below. Speculation is garbage, I'm talking about conclusive proof. This nonsense about only 2 people knew and then concluding it had to be Blank is pure speculation.

Blank has been a good owner, willing to do whatever he can to bring us a Lombardi. After decades of professional sports ownership here in Atlanta NOT as dedicated as Blank to win it all, I'm grateful he is committed to winning. We were one play away form a Super Bowl just 2 years ago don't forget. Blank at least deserves the benefit of the doubt for now for putting his heart and wallet into this. If it is proven he allowed the information to leak I will join the lynch mob, but for now he deserves the benefit of the doubt. The truth will come out, it always does, why bite on the media circus? Haven't you learned by now the media have an agenda and play their audience like puppets?

Don't be a media puppet, be an Atlanta Falcons fan first. Plenty of time to lynch once we know the truth.

I'm much more upset that Blank's turnover rate for head coaches is now higher than the Smith family's. Or that he has tasked his current GM, his former GM, a consultant and a search firm to find him coaching candidates, from which he alone will ultimately decide who gets the job.

I'm much more upset that Blank's turnover rate for head coaches is now higher than the Smith family's. Or that he has tasked his current GM, his former GM, a consultant and a search firm to find him coaching candidates, from which he alone will ultimately decide who gets the job.

A lot of us are upset about legitimate things and have legitimate grievances. Some are being expressed on the board, but this thread is simply in regard to the leak controversy.

The media understands that it is the perfect time to whip up mob frenzy by creating a speculative narrative that the fans can all unite around the single issue to burn for weeks and months. The media would be perfectly fine with mobs outside Blanks house with torches, huge amounts of season ticket holders bailing, Blanks relatives getting threatened in schools and on social media and any other mayhem that may ensue. I refuse to play into their hands.

Again, if Blank is found to be guilty of what is only speculation at this point in respect to the leak, I'll be happy to join the lynching. I simply prefer to wait for the truth before lighting my torch.

Folks, I know you are upset and I know you are hurt. Another crash and burn season ending in a dismal, embarrassing $#@ kicking. I hurt along with you.

That said, I beg all the fans to not allow the media to do what it seems to good at doing lately in America and push a narrative through speculation, half truths, spin, lies, edited 911 tapes, edited film footage showing only what they want you to see that keeps the flames burning. During the media frenzy, the mob is convinced with 100% certainly that the target is guilty and they have all kinds of reasons why BUT NOT ONE IS CONCLUSIVE. The media plays us all like fiddles to promote viewers and readers. You cannot argue with the mob, and once unleashed the truth seems to matter little to the mob. Too many innocent people have been harmed by the media stirring up these mobs, and I ask you to take a gut check at this point when it comes to Arthur Blank.

If indeed there is any conclusive proof that Arthur Blank willingly allowed information to leak out to the media, before the game, information about him hiring a search agency to replace Mike Smith, please present such conclusive proof below. Speculation is garbage, I'm talking about conclusive proof. This nonsense about only 2 people knew and then concluding it had to be Blank is pure speculation.

Blank has been a good owner, willing to do whatever he can to bring us a Lombardi. After decades of professional sports ownership here in Atlanta NOT as dedicated as Blank to win it all, I'm grateful he is committed to winning. We were one play away form a Super Bowl just 2 years ago don't forget. Blank at least deserves the benefit of the doubt for now for putting his heart and wallet into this. If it is proven he allowed the information to leak I will join the lynch mob, but for now he deserves the benefit of the doubt. The truth will come out, it always does, why bite on the media circus? Haven't you learned by now the media have an agenda and play their audience like puppets?

Don't be a media puppet, be an Atlanta Falcons fan first. Plenty of time to lynch once we know the truth.

Gaz---- sorry but AB hired the firm to search for a new coach etc......no excuse for AB to allow the leak since only he and the firm knew about it. It's wrong for AB to do that to a man who bleeds black and red and worked his @$$ off and is at this time the best coach to ever stand on the Falcon sideline. He should have MADE absolutely sure that news did not leak before today. No excuses PEROID!!!!!

no excuse for AB to allow the leak since only he and the firm knew about it.!!

How do you know for a fact only Blank and the firm knew? Please present your proof.

How do you know for a fact Blank "allowed" as you claim, the leak to take place? Please present your conclusive proof on this.

The fact is, you don't know, you are just Going by what the media told you. You don't know if a person from the search firm wasn't seen pulling into Flowery Branch by a reporter. You don't know if Someone from Flacons front office wasn't seen pulling into or in the lobby of the search firms office complex. There are a lot of possibilities that media didn't bother telling you about because it wasn't inntheir best interest. Yet you claim to know.

Just as all media created lynch mobs knew for a fact they were right, until later they were proved wrong. The media preys on people like you willing to take it hook line and sinker.

Thank you cooper. Best post I have read all day.

I have a "Santa's list" of things I'm pizzed off about with Blank. The alleged "leaking" of the search committee activation didn't even make the cut.

We would have lost the Carolina game if Mr. Blank had a marching band circling the field praising the coach. We were not good enough to win with a defense that couldn't stand up to a strong wind.

I'm a homer when it comes to the Falcons, but I have to agree with you on this, it was obvious the Falcons lines were getting way over powered, it was like a group of men were out there playing for the Panthers against a group of boys for the Falcons, mostly where the O-line is concerned.

Edited by GeorgiaFalconFan

If anyone on the Falcons was surprised that Mike Smith would be fired for a loss on Sunday before the game then that's on them.

What makes me lol about it is if the players were playing so hard for Smith to save his job, why was that a distraction? Shouldn't that have caused them to play harder?

The leak is a non-story. I couldn't care less about it. It might feel good to think that is why we lost, but it wasn't even on the top ten list of reasons we lost.

Thank you cooper. Best post I have read all day.

I have a "Santa's list" of things I'm pizzed off about with Blank. The alleged "leaking" of the search committee activation didn't even make the cut.

I'm good with all the legitimate criticism I'm seeing on the boards today, I agree with much of it. However, I am concerned about the fanbase uniting around a potentially false narrative generated by the media.