" Do You Think Matt Ryan Played Like An Elite Qb In 2014?"

I Even Bleed Red

At 55:05 in the most recent press conference, Rich McKay and Arthur Blank were asked that question.

This was Blank's response:

Complete Silence. That said a lot to me. When the owner of the Franchise believes that, it says a lot. We have a lot of problems in this organization. And firing just Mike Smith is not gonna make it all magically go away.

MY opinion is still the same - Mike Smith was a small part of a huge problem. He was a great guy and a good coach.

Matt Ryan is a very good QB, he is not elite.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's say he's just "a very good qb." I'm fine with that. Look around the league. Most teams would kill to have a very good quarterback. We need a championship team.

I think he can be better, but he's not a problem or a liability. He's an asset. Doesn't mean he doesn't share responsibility, but on the list of issues we have, he's not even a footnote.

Guest Negatorris

Look, it's no coincidence that multiple people have denied Ryan being elite, despite what many homers on this MB think. When Gonzo left, he wasn't trying to insult MR, he was just telling the truth. Ryan is a good QB, but elite? Not at all. And with 7 years under his belt I think it's too late for him to suddenly raise his level of play to elite levels. He needs to be fitted with great talent around him to succeed(as in win a Super Bowl), similar to Tony Romo. Romo has always put up good stats despite what the media and other Cowboys haters might lead you to believe, but he could never carry his football team. The same can easily be said about Ryan.

Ryan can definitely win a Superbowl, but it is going to take a VERY good OL and run game.

Who f'n cares about throwing around this "elite" label? Ryan is not going anywhere and is not even in the top 10 current problems on this team. Ryan is a very capable franchise QB entering the prime of his career and is very much good enough to build a team around.

All this petty bickering over labels is stupid.

OMG when are we done with this "elite" horseshit?

What will it take for you people to understand that "elite" is a temporary designation fueled entirely by the most recent results?

It's like a broken ******* record around here.

Elite just means potential Hall of Famer or One of the Greats. It's more a cultural trend to say Elite, rather than call them a G.O.A.T or One of the Best To Ever Do It.

At 55:05 in the most recent press conference, Rich McKay and Arthur Blank were asked that question.

This was Blank's response:

Complete Silence. That said a lot to me.

That said to me that Blank believed the question was directed toward McKay. Which is why McKay asked for clarification as to whom the question was being asked after a few seconds of silence had passed.

Talk about reaching.