34-3 Was The Worst Loss In Ryan-Smith-Dmitroff Era?

windu

Check my math (or reading), guys, but I just checked all losses since 2008, and 31 is the largest point margin that I saw.

Did this Falcons edition literally play their worst game ever (by point margin standards) with the playoffs and coach/GM jobs on the line? Wow. Just wow.

Matt, Julio, Roddy need to look themselves in the mirror. This is just like that NYG playoff game from 2011. Ryan, Roddy, Julio... collectively scored 3 points in a playoff game. No different than 2-24 in my eyes. Horrible and downright inexcusable. This is the second time Matt has scored zero touchdowns in win-or-go-home games. And pick 6's galore...pathetic.

Matt, Julio, Roddy need to look themselves in the mirror. This is just like that NYG playoff game from 2011. Ryan, Roddy, Julio... collectively scored 3 points in a playoff game. No different than 2-24 in my eyes. Horrible and downright inexcusable. This is the second time Matt has scored zero touchdowns in win-or-go-home games. And pick 6's galore...pathetic.

No doubt. Fans can blame TD and Smith all they want to, but the players themselves are also the one not getting it done on the field.

Check my math (or reading), guys, but I just checked all losses since 2008, and 31 is the largest point margin that I saw.

Did this Falcons edition literally play their worst game ever (by point margin standards) with the playoffs and coach/GM jobs on the line? Wow. Just wow.

Nah... they punted a couple of times at least.

The Green Bay playoff massacre is still the worst loss to me.

Even as I watched it live in the Dome happening before my very eyes, it didn't occur to me that this was the worst a** whipping Smitty and Ryan have ever had in terms of being outscored.

Personally, Packers, Giants and 49ers playoff losses all felt worse. (Frankly, the Seahawks near-loss felt worse worse than all of them until the miracle.) I attribute it to the fact that we all knew we stunk this year, and pooping the bed was no shocker.

I'd have to say the Packers loss felt the worst. To flip Dennis Green's classic meltdown, "We weren't who we thought we were," and fans came unglued at the realization. The Seahawks near-loss prepared us for the 49ers loss. Same movie, slightly different ending. No real element of surprise there like in the Packers debacle.