Just Heard On Espn We Are Interviewing Quinn

freebird310

While I'm not completely against a guy like Quinn, I can't help but wonder how he really plays into the success of the Seahawks. You're talking about a defense loaded with talent that really can play a traditional system and make you beat them without having to employ any sort of strategy. I just get worried that we'll end up looking at Seattle's success and instead of attributing it to the undeniable talent that they have all over the field, we're crediting a guy who may not deserve it. Just my .02.

Edited by cnastyy

While I'm not completely against a guy like Quinn, I can't help but wonder how he really plays into the success of the Seahawks. You're talking about a defense loaded with talent that really can play a traditional system and make you beat them without having to employ any sort of strategy. I just get worried that we'll end up looking at Seattle's success and instead of attributing it to the undeniable talent that they have all over the field, we're crediting a guy who may not deserve it. Just my .02.

He's been good everywhere he's been...

I think this is a legitimate concern regarding any candidate not named Rex Ryan..his scheme is proven; it can operate well so long as the talent is not as bad as it was this year in NY. Todd Bowles and Dan quinn both have top-tier defenders on the field, whereas Rex never quite had the total package as a HC

That said, I am not endorsing Rex. He is a good candidate, but not the only candidate. I am glad we are quickly looking at Quinn.

Edited by Dyinglobster

I like Dan Quinn, he has worked on some good units prior to Seattle. I am not sold on him though because of Pete Carroll's influence on that D.

Their strength through the yrs has been the secondary. That is Carroll's specialty. Sherman was a 5th rd pick, Browner came from the CFL, Chancellor is greatly improved thorough the yrs, then Maxwell, Thurmond, Lane, etc all play(ed) some good ball for them.

Last yr when they were really good, look at the pass rushers they could send out there with that secondary (Clemons,Avril,Irvin,Bennett). Combine that with Mebane who is good at what he does, and 2 very good Lbs. They got great personnel there. They aren't tricking you with scheme most of the time.

I have reservations about Quinn, but he is still near the top of my list. You don't know how he will be as a HC until given the opportunity. Mike McCarthy is one of the best examples recently .

He's been good everywhere he's been...

I've been reading his coaching history. I don't know if I would say he's been good. Outside of Seattle and Florida Gators he's been a part of some mediocre defenses from what I've read. While I haven't studied his entire career, he just doesn't seem like a guy who's gone somewhere and made a significant difference.

I've been reading his coaching history. I don't know if I would say he's been good. Outside of Seattle and Florida Gators he's been a part of some mediocre defenses from what I've read. While I haven't studied his entire career, he just doesn't seem like a guy who's gone somewhere and made a significant difference.

How many of those defenses was he a coordinator of? What did the people do at the position he coached in the other situations?

Doesn't Seattle run a 4-3? What good is Tyson Jackson and Solia if we hire a 4-3 guy? TD needs to go asap..No more of this hybrid BS..

Quinn has coached 3-4 defenses in the past.

Florida had one of the best defenses in the nation when Quinn was there.

Despite him coaching the Seahawks 4-3 based defense and Florida's 3-4 defense, both were based off of very similar defensive philosophies.

Jags were a bad team man, Cant fix that in 1 year. And Evidentally AB thinks this team is FULL of talent. smh.

Gus Bradley has been in Jacksonville two years. They were actually worse this season than in his first season (in overall record) and barely showed any improvement on offense or defense whatsoever. He was supposed to turn them into the AFC South's version of the Seahawks, but has done nothing of the sort.

Sorry, but I would trust Rex Ryan to turn our defense around way before I'd trust Dan Quinn. The overall talent different in New York v.s. Seattle's defenses is phenonmenal, and yet Rex had the Jets playing at a Top 5 level all season. Yes, they both have strong front 7's, but the Seahawks have the best secondary in the league, while the Jets were basically playing a bunch of no-name scrubs all year long after Izdik chased away Revis and Cromartie and then failed to draft or sign anyone talented to replace them.