I'm Officially A Rex Ryan Convert As Of Now

Rex Ryan is a 3 ring Circus Act.

You think TD and Smitty were Bad??

Yall have totally lost your freaking minds!!!

Yall really really Need to STFU, because yall were also the same Group 1 slobbering Homers that

wanted to see this team in the Playoffs.

But all teams are 0-0,,, but Rex never had a QB.

Well smart guys,, the Panties showed you what this team was last night and

Rex Ryan drafted Sanchez and Smith and then signed Vick as a Free Agent.

and you want this LUNACY in Atlanta emot-rant.gif GTFO!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Has he been really good at drafting defensive players?

Kyle Wilson - 1st round CB, started 1 game past 2 years, active all 32, 0 INT's, 2 PD's. Horrible.

Wilkerson - 1st round DT. Beast. Good selection. But according to some, 1st rounders should be Pro Bowlers. Not a "steal".

Kenrick Ellis - 3rd round DT. 1 sack in his career. Horrible.

Quinton Coples - 1st round OLB. Best season has 6.5 sacks. Not what you want out of a 1st rounder 3 years in. Mediocre pick at this point.

Demario Davis - 3rd round LB. This was a good value pick. Not a Pro Bowler, but very solid ILB.

Josh Bush - 6th rd DB. Cut. 0 starts in 4 seasons. 1 INT. Horrible.

Antonio Allen - 7th rd SS. 1 pick in 3 years. Never more than 63 tackles in a season. Value in the 7th but not what anybody would call an impact player.

Dee Milliner - 9th overall selection CB. Showed a lot of promise as a rookie but tore his ACL this season. Missed 3 games last season and 14 this season. Injury-prone bust.

Sheldon Richardson - 13th overall selection DE. Beast, but what you'd expect from a top 13 pick...

Calvin Pryor - 1st round FS. First year player. Not a great first year. But can't rush to judgment. Incomplete.

Dexter McDougle - 3rd round CB. Tore ACL before the season started.

Jeremiah George - 5th round LB. Didn't make the team. On Jaguars for 6 games. Bust.

Brandon Dixon - 6th round DB. Didn't make the team. On Bucs. Bust.

IK Enemkpali - 6th round DE. Bust.

Trevor Reilly - 7th round LB. Bust.

My thoughts exactly. People want to give him credit for the Ravens defense. When in reality Ozzie is the mastermind in Baltimore.

I don't know why the large interest in Rex Ryan. Instead of picking up some one else's castaway immediately why not go for another long term coaching hire? I'm sure the search firm is looking for a long term solution in a college coach or coordinator.

My biggest issue is that most of the alternatives have no head coaching experience, and for every Chip Kelly, there are several Greg Schianos.

Every coach we've had since Reeves (who was, coincidentally, a castaway from a team in New York) has been a rookie head coach, and it hasn't gotten us over the hump. I think his experience is a positive for a team that isn't that far away from being a contender, and his strengths match our weaknesses.

Edited by Phillipkeith Manley

Kyle Wilson - 1st round CB, started 1 game past 2 years, active all 32, 0 INT's, 2 PD's. Horrible.

Wilkerson - 1st round DT. Beast. Good selection. But according to some, 1st rounders should be Pro Bowlers. Not a "steal".

Quinton Coples - 1st round OLB. Best season has 6.5 sacks. Not what you want out of a 1st rounder 3 years in. Mediocre pick at this point.

Demario Davis - 3rd round LB. This was a good value pick. Not a Pro Bowler, but very solid ILB.

Antonio Allen - 7th rd SS. 1 pick in 3 years. Never more than 63 tackles in a season. Value in the 7th but not what anybody would call an impact player.

Dee Milliner - 9th overall selection CB. Showed a lot of promise as a rookie but tore his ACL this season. Missed 3 games last season and 14 this season. Injury-prone bust.

Sheldon Richardson - 13th overall selection DE. Beast, but what you'd expect from a top 13 pick...

Calvin Pryor - 1st round FS. First year player. Not a great first year. But can't rush to judgment. Incomplete.

Jeremiah George - 5th round LB. Didn't make the team. On Jaguars for 6 games. Bust.

And he still managed to consistently have top 10 defenses year in and year out with all those busts!!

Ok. So using the same criteria we use to judge TD's picks, here are all of the defensive players drafted after the 1st two rounds by the Jets since Ryan has been there. Here are TD's in comparison.

Chevis Jackson - 3rd rd CB. Bust.

Thomas DeCoud - 3rd rd FS. Not a fan, but better career than anybody Rex drafted after the 2nd round on defense. 6 year starter with 15 INT's is not bad.

Robert James - 5th rd MLB. Bust.

Kroy Biermann - 5th rd DE. Not a fan but great value for a 5th round pick. More sacks than anybody Rex drafted after the 2nd rd.

Wilrey Fontenot - 7th rd CB. Bust.

Chris Owens - 3rd rd CB. Been in the league 6 years. Career backup. Not a fan, but not a bust either.

Lawrence Sidbury - 4th rd DE. Bust.

William Middleton - 5th rd CB. Bust.

Spencer Adkins - 6th rd LB. Bust.

Vance Walker - 7th rd DT. Great value in the 7th round. 6 year player, full time starter 1 season.

Corey Peters - 3rd rd DT. Arguably the best defensive pick by either team after round 2. Derailed some by injuries, but still a lot of production from a 3rd rounder.

Dominique Franks - 5th rd CB. Bust, but still in the league, on the Ravens.

Shann Shillinger - 6th rd DB. Bust.

Akeem Dent - 3rd rd LB. Run stopper ILB. 27 starts the past 3 seasons. On Texans now.

Cliff Matthews - 7th rd DE. Bust.

Jonathan Massoquoi - 5th rd DE. Not sure what we have here yet. The MB thinks he's the second coming of Strahan. The coaches didn't play him much. He was productive when he did play though.

Charles Mitchell - 6th rd SS. Bust.

Travian Robertson - 7th rd NT. Bust.

Malliciah Goodman - 4th rd DE. Seems like he has potential but unsure as to whether or not it will produce. Surprisingly, he got 10 starts this season. 2 FF's. Nothing much else.

Stansley Maponga - 5th rd DE. Not sure yet. 2nd year and hasn't played much.

Kemal Ishmael - 7th rd S. Looking like a steal in the 7th. Tied for 2nd most INT's by a SS with just 10 starts. Tied for 8th most INT's in the entire league at any position. Returned 1 for a TD and also had a FF. Not to mention 98 tackles.

Zeke Motta - 7th rd FS. Bust.

Prince Shembo - 4th rd LB. Rookie season, tough to tell. Looked good for a rookie though.

Ricardo Allen - 5th rd CB. Rookie season and wasn't active much. Will be able to tell more in 2 years.

Marquis Spruill - 5th rd LB. Injured before season.

Yawin Smallwood - 7th rd LB. Bust.

Tyler Starr - 7th rd LB. Wasn't active for any games but remained on the roster. Bust until otherwise seeing an impact.

My thoughts exactly. People want to give him credit for the Ravens defense. When in reality Ozzie is the mastermind in Baltimore.

So Ozzie gets the credits for the good players in Baltimore but Idzik doesn't get teh blame for the bad ones in NY? Weird logic. You either hold the coach responsible for the draft or you don't. And it is a well known fact that Ryan and Idzik were not on the same page for much of their tenure with the Jets.

one problem is whatever defensive guru we bring in we still have:

Kroy Bierrman

Jonathan Babineaux

Tyson Jackson

Joplo Bartu

Paul Worrilow

any good HC will tell you - it is all about talent and the architecht of this 32nd ranked defense is keeping his job. SMH

Biermann is a UFA

Babs can save us 2.3 mil if cut...depends what the new HC wants

We're stuck with Jackson for a couple more years. Hopefully the new HC will use him right.

Bartu and Worrilow are cheap, but good DEPTH.

So Ozzie gets the credits for the good players in Baltimore but Idzik doesn't get teh blame for the bad ones in NY? Weird logic. You either hold the coach responsible for the draft or you don't. And it is a well known fact that Ryan and Idzik were not on the same page for much of their tenure with the Jets.

Well considering that Baltimore has had stout defenses for a long time, through different head coaches and multiple defensive coordinators and hasn't really had a drop off in performance, yes... He does receive the credit.

Well considering that Baltimore has had stout defenses for a long time, through different head coaches and multiple defensive coordinators and hasn't really had a drop off in performance, yes... He does receive the credit.

And he should, as he is the GM. The point is that Izdik was the GM for the Jets through those terrible drafts so he's the one who should get the blame as well.

And he still managed to consistently have top 10 defenses year in and year out with all those busts!!

They used 6 1st round picks on defensive players in the past 5 drafts. We used 2 1st round picks on defensive players in the past 5 drafts, Spoon and Trufant. He also inherited Revis in his prime, and his defense has not been the same since he left (they gave up the 9th most ppg this season).

And he should, as he is the GM. The point is that Izdik was the GM for the Jets through those terrible drafts so he's the one who should get the blame as well.

People point to Ryan's success as DC with Baltimore and the incredible defenses he fielded. Ryan has good defense (not great), they get scored on a lot but don't give up a lot of yards. A major part of coaching is bringing in the right staff so they you can focus on the big picture. Ryan failed to bring in the right staff. As a DC he is one of the best, as a HC he is subpar.

Really was probably more Tannenbaum, who was fired 2 years ago, and they chose to keep Rex. Idzik only lasted two years. Both are telling as to how bad the GM was while Rex was in NY.

They used 6 1st round picks on defensive players in the past 5 drafts. We used 2 1st round picks on defensive players in the past 5 drafts, Spoon and Trufant. He also inherited Revis in his prime, and his defense has not been the same since he left (they gave up the 9th most ppg this season).

And Rex was reportedly upset that the GM couldn't get Revis, or at least a quality corner, this offseason...

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/28270/20140313/ny-jets-rumors-rex-ryan-angry-darrelle-revis-signs-patriots-antonio-cromartie-return-brandon-browner-champ-bailey-free-agency.htm

When Revis became available once again, The Daily News reports Ryan put the hard sell on Idzik to try and get the cornerback to return, but the decision was ultimately out of his control

Not sure what your point is. They invested on defense and have had one of the best defensive track records over his 6 years in NY. Add the fact that he was often at odds with the GMs, and I think Ryan comes out looking good.

Rex was right, they should've picked up Revis. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get Rex as a DC over here. If we get him as the HC, I'd be very hopeful that he leaves the offense in the OC's hands and takes control over the defense. I don't want him making draft picks though. For one, he is absolutely atrocious getting offensive players. For two, he has not been very good with defensive players outside of the first round. I would rather TD and Pioli building the draft board over Rex.

Rex Ryan is a 3 ring Circus Act.

You think TD and Smitty were Bad??

Yall have totally lost your freaking minds!!!

This is what I keep saying. And with Blank's obsession with hiring people of integrity, etc, I can't even fathom he would hire Rex. I would be totally dumbfounded if he did. He interviewed him once before, but that was before Rex was a head coach and showed what a clown and buffoon he is, including your '3 ring Circus Act.'

Again, I would be shocked if Blank hired him.

Not sure what your point is. They invested on defense and have had one of the best defensive track records over his 6 years in NY. Add the fact that he was often at odds with the GMs, and I think Ryan comes out looking good.

A poster said Rex was great at drafting defensive players. I disagreed with that, showing how bad the Jets were drafting D outside of 1st rounders. His rebuttal was that the Jets still had a great defense under him. I agree with the statement but disagree with the assumption regarding Rex being a great draft evaluator. Thus, I showed how much the Jets invested in defensive players, with 6 1st rounders in only 5 drafts.

I wasn't knocking Rex. I was just disagreeing with the prior assumption that he is somehow great at evaluating defensive players. I think he's great at getting the most out of his defensive players. I think he's great at instilling a defensive gameplan to put his players in position to make plays against other offenses. But saying he is great at evaluating defensive draft prospects because he has defensive success is not an accurate correlation.

This is what I keep saying. And with Blank's obsession with hiring people of integrity, etc, I can't even fathom he would hire Rex. I would be totally dumbfounded if he did. He interviewed him once before, but that was before Rex was a head coach and showed what a clown and buffoon he is, including your '3 ring Circus Act.'

Again, I would be shocked if Blank hired him.

Well, we had one clown bring in a 3-ring binder so I'm sure the 3-ring circus act wouldn't be worse!

It should be noted that the Jets' defense was ranked 29th the year before Ryan was hired and Revis was only entering his third NFL season. He wasn't really tested much until his third year under Ryan because the other CB was so easily burned. In Rex Ryan's first year, the Jet's Defense went from 29th to the top ranked defense in the NFL. Sound familiar?

Edited by falconfansince66