I'm Officially A Rex Ryan Convert As Of Now

Before today, whenever I thought of Rex as our new HC, I thought "ugh." But today, I have seen the light! I am now in the Rex camp.

Rex is undeniably one of the best defensive minds in football (possibly THE best). With merely the D talent on our current roster, he'd have our D above 15th. And he knows how to pick good defensive players, so the future would be bright.

Can you say that, with certainty, about *any* other HC candidate? There are some who might be good, whose signs look promising, but none are as proven (on the defensive side of the ball) as Rex.

Then, consider that Rex is a players coach. He's aggressive.

Now, give him an offense with an elite QB. Honestly, look how high his defenses ranked with the Jets, and their O was terrible. If the Jets had had our offense, their D would have ranked even higher.

Rex has to prove in the interview that he can and will select an AWESOME OC, and work very well and effectively with that OC. And if he does, he should be our next head coach.

Bring him home, AB!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Revis was not a household name until ryan got there. Would love to see what hed do with tru. Plus we have a lot of size up front on defense to implement his 34. Add in an athletic guy like jpp or a guy like jerry hughes + the 8th pick and I could see our defense taking a turn quickly.

Would also implement a power run game again which would be huge for ryans protection and our play action game. Would also help out julio. Look at what a strong run game did for Dallas, Romo and dez.

Revis was not a household name until ryan got there. Would love to see what hed do with tru. Plus we have a lot of size up front on defense to implement his 34. Add in an athletic guy like jpp or a guy like jerry hughes + the 8th pick and I could see our defense taking a turn quickly.

Would also implement a power run game again which would be huge for ryans protection and our play action game. Would also help out julio. Look at what a strong run game did for Dallas, Romo and dez.

Great post