Watching Thomas Dimitroff Be Apart Of That Press Conference Was Nauseating

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed. it was embarrassing to me that Dimitroff was there - he is just as responsible for the demise of this team as Smitty - if not moreso. There was no adequate justification given for retaining Dimitroff by Arthur Blank.

While on one hand saying the Falcons were evaluating the rest of the organization on-going, AB kept talking about how Dimitroff would be part of the process in the coach hire.

Maybe AB will still fire Dimitroff - he did not seem to rule it out - but it makes no sense to fire him if you are going to drag him to the press conference.

the whole thing is bizzaro world.

https://www.facebook.com/atlantafalcons/posts/10152657040712842

Every single person on the comments above is calling for TD's head. At least I'm not alone in this. He absolutely has to go too. No reason he gets a pass and another man has to take all the blame.

Thank you Mike Smith.

But it was time.

Edited by I Even Bleed Red

I don't think TD should be fired, really don't. We can't yap about how bad Smith's decisions are, how they didn't play certain personnel or use certain formations and then complain about the GM too. I don't think TD did anything that Smith wasn't on board with. They told him what they wanted, he got it. They stated flat out was that they wanted to stop the run and that Nolan thought he could scheme a pass rush. Turns out, they couldn't stop the run much less scheme anything else.

I think had the defense been in a 3-4 alignment, had certain players been used instead of wasting away on the bench, this season could have been very different. That's why I think TD should stay...

I don't think TD should be fired, really don't. We can't yap about how bad Smith's decisions are, how they didn't play certain personnel or use certain formations and then complain about the GM too. I don't think TD did anything that Smith wasn't on board with. They told him what they wanted, he got it. They stated flat out was that they wanted to stop the run and that Nolan thought he could scheme a pass rush. Turns out, they couldn't stop the run much less scheme anything else.

I think had the defense been in a 3-4 alignment, had certain players been used instead of wasting away on the bench, this season could have been very different. That's why I think TD should stay...

Dude...you are really talking about an alignment along with this discussion? I mean, I don't really get any of it least of all keeping TD. Its nuts.

This is what I took from the press conference. It was a collaborative process and I believe there was a fundamental disagreement about how to build the defense. Smith and Nolan wanted to build inside-out, and TD built accordingly. The approach failed.

I was on the fence about TD; still am, for that matter. I do, however, believe he did what his coaches asked him to do. Hard to heap it all on him if that's the case.

This 100%.

agreed. it was embarrassing to me that Dimitroff was there - he is just as responsible for the demise of this team as Smitty - if not moreso. There was no adequate justification given for retaining Dimitroff by Arthur Blank.

While on one hand saying the Falcons were evaluating the rest of the organization on-going, AB kept talking about how Dimitroff would be part of the process in the coach hire.

Maybe AB will still fire Dimitroff - he did not seem to rule it out - but it makes no sense to fire him if you are going to drag him to the press conference.

the whole thing is bizzaro world.

He really doesn't have to justify anything to you, me, or anyone else. I feel like he had 3 good moves and he made one of them.

1) Fire TD and bring in a defensive minded GM.

2) Fire Smitty and bring in an aggressive/offensive HC.

3) Fire both and bring in a GM and HC with similar philosophies(either conservative or aggressive)

The problem is we have a GM stacking the payroll with offensive skill position players and a HC who is conservative and defensive minded by nature. Their styles were a mismatch.The influence of Pioli closed this gap some on the most recent off season.

Smitty was best early on when he had a running game and a defense that could defense 3rd and 8 most of the time. When you give him a high flying offense and a defense that can't routinely get off the field on 3rd and 30 he isn't sure how to manage a game. Remember how he used to always go for 4th and 1 before the Giants playoff game? He did that because we had a running game and an adequate defense.

This is what I took from the press conference. It was a collaborative process and I believe there was a fundamental disagreement about how to build the defense. Smith and Nolan wanted to build inside-out, and TD built accordingly. The approach failed.

I was on the fence about TD; still am, for that matter. I do, however, believe he did what his coaches asked him to do. Hard to heap it all on him if that's the case.

Exactly. The coaches decide on the Scheme and the type of personnel they want to run it, and the GM goes and builds accordingly.

Exactly. The coaches decide on the Scheme and the type of personnel they want to run it, and the GM goes and builds accordingly.

As they should. You get the idea that it's not that way in some organizations. There's a reason Parcells wanted to "buy his own groceries."

I think our organization truly looks at it as a team effort when it comes to talent evaluation and acquisition. If that's the case and Smith got what he believed was best for his schemes, it's hard to put all the talent issues in TD. That being said, just as Smith was on a tight leash this year, TD will be on the tight leash now.

Think about the progression. First, we fired coordinators. Next, it's Smitty. In this case, the poop is traveling uphill. TD is next unless something changes.