Going Into The Military

youngbloodz

Been thinking about going into the Air Force a lot. And I want to do it but I need some advice. Most people know I played football in college. Well of course I didn't escape injury. I am legally blind in my right eye. Am told I have a scar in the middle of my retina. I have peripheral vision and can make out how many fingers someone is holding up about 3 feet away. And I broke my pinky finger and cant bend it straight or close it when I make a fist all the way. I know we have some military members on here. Anyone think I can get in base on those two things

Been thinking about going into the Air Force a lot. And I want to do it but I need some advice. Most people know I played football in college. Well of course I didn't escape injury. I am legally blind in my right eye. Am told I have a scar in the middle of my retina. I have peripheral vision and can make out how many fingers someone is holding up about 3 feet away. And I broke my pinky finger and cant bend it straight or close it when I make a fist all the way. I know we have some military members on here. Anyone think I can get in base on those two things

I like how you post this 1 day after the war in Afghanistan officially endslaugh.png

Your eye sight might be a isssue.

Can it be fixed with corrective lenses ?

Also I personally wouldn't join the military unless I was 24-25 or younger.

(My Dad signed for me when I was 17, a month before 911 lol)

Talk to a recruiter , if you have a degree look into being a officer.

Also I was in the Canadian army, which is similar but smaller. I would look at a guy like Peyton for advice ....

Old? Nah I'm not old. Air Force changed their age requirement to 39 anyway. I would want to be an officer. I really like the benefits they offer if you have children. And no my eyesight in my right eye can't be fixed. Stupid fake punt and I wasn't ready. Helmet came down across my face. Hid the injury from the team, which was stupid. Doctor told me he only seen my type of injury with people that had firecrackers go off near their face.

Old? Nah I'm not old. Air Force changed their age requirement to 39 anyway. I would want to be an officer. I really like the benefits they offer if you have children. And no my eyesight in my right eye can't be fixed. Stupid fake punt and I wasn't ready. Helmet came down across my face. Hid the injury from the team, which was stupid. Doctor told me he only seen my type of injury with people that had firecrackers go off near their face.

**** that sounds rough!

I have never played football, nor even put on a football helmet, but aren't the eyes usually protected by it?

youth-football-helmets.jpg

I know fingers could go in, but another helmet going in to the eyes?

**** that sounds rough!

I have never played football, nor even put on a football helmet, but aren't the eyes usually protected by it?

youth-football-helmets.jpg

I know fingers could go in, but another helmet going in to the eyes?

what happened to me was just a freak accident. Had a 300lb guard pull on me and I wasn't ready. He just hit me so hard my helmet came down across my right eye. My first game starting and I didn't want to come out. So I played the rest of the game blind in one eye.

Thanks ransack

what happened to me was just a freak accident. Had a 300lb guard pull on me and I wasn't ready. He just hit me so hard my helmet came down across my right eye. My first game starting and I didn't want to come out. So I played the rest of the game blind in one eye.

Thanks ransack

Wow thats insane. No way I'd let a kid of mine play.

Of course you would never be a pilot or a sniper with that eye but I do not think it would prohibit you getting in.

I tore up my knee late in senior year of college, was a full blown hyper with both lig and cart damage. I went in shortly after graduation but I had to apply for a medical waiver that was granted and taken into account during my AFEEs physical. Ask your recruiter about it.

My uncle had medical issues that prohibited him from active duty.

But he still did it, went on to hold some high positions, and makes a boat load of money now.

He had to move around 10 times before he was 40,but if that's not a problem for you, I don't see why it wouldn't be a good option.

I only dislocated my shoulder the last game of my career... It's been f$&ked up ever since.

My left shoulder STILL pops out to this day, even while doing stupid little tasks like pulling weeds, working out with medicine balls, and even putting on a backpack once. I went to two doctors when I dislocated it in practice, and both of them said there was torn cartilage and some structural damage but neither one recommended surgery.

That was nearly ten years ago and I bet it's slid or popped out of place 6-7 times since then. Hurts like a *****, especially every time I've got to put that **** back in Martin Riggs style.

I go back and forth if I would let my son (if I had one) or my little brother play football. You will get hurt if you play long enough

I already have a plan for my son. I'm not going to encourage or discourage it. If he decides he wants to play, I'm going to get a kicking holder and teach him to kick FG's. It's the best job in the world. Paid millions to kick a ball 5 times per game. And if anyone touches him, it's a 15 yard penalty, and he gets a break before having to kick again.

I already have a plan for my son. I'm not going to encourage or discourage it. If he decides he wants to play, I'm going to get a kicking holder and teach him to kick FG's. It's the best job in the world. Paid millions to kick a ball 5 times per game. And if anyone touches him, it's a 15 yard penalty, and he gets a break before having to kick again.

lol that is a great idea.